• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If they really wanted to "try something new", they'd toss that ugly thing and make a new logo. Sadly, I doubt it'll ever happen.
It's hideous. Looks like something out of early 2000 wordart.

Ultra Beast Lover

Eh, different strokes for different folks, I personally don't care too much about the logo as long as it isn't too garish. I'm more curious about why Mt. Coronet is red at the top.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Eh, different strokes for different folks, I personally don't care too much about the logo as long as it isn't too garish. I'm more curious about why Mt. Coronet is red at the top.
Dynamax energy. Seriously. Please no.

That's actually interesting because in the trailer, Mt. Coronet's peak is not red. And in Platinum, the Distortion World emits a violet energy.

Akashin

I assumed it was red as a means of showing it being dyed in the hue of the sun rising over it, or something to that effect. Given the importance of Arceus in the game, who I can easily see as being metaphorically depicted as the sun given the importance of the sun in Shinto myth, that made the most sense to me.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Anyone else considering the possibility that Arceus might get a new form in this game? Since this is a much older Sinnoh, maybe it has an original form or something.
I wouldn’t expect a new form for Arceus. I would think more of a story about how it came to Sinnoh and eventually came to rest at the Hall of Origin.

Edit: Also the backstory to Arceus, Johto, Sinnoh and the creation of the Sinjoh Ruins would also be appreciated.

Last edited:

Akashin

I wouldn’t expect a new form for Arceus. I would think more of a story about how it came to Sinnoh and eventually came to rest at the Hall of Origin.

Edit: Also the backstory to Arceus, Johto, Sinnoh and the creation of the Sinjoh Ruins would also be appreciated.

I doubt Arceus 'came' to Sinnoh at all, no more than other major Legendaries 'came' to their native Regions; likewise, I very much doubt that the Hall of Origin predates Arceus. I think it's pretty safe to think that it was either created by, or is simply the default and natural home of, Arceus.

I don't know how much I expect it to happen, but I would definitely be on board with a new form for Arceus. More than anything though, I want the relationship between Arceus and the Unown to be expanded on. We have pieces of information we can use to make conjecture, but that's it. And as a far more fringe wish, since I'm not really sure how seriously we should be taking this statement in the first place, but it would be interesting if they did something with the suggestion that the Unown are related to the Ultra Beasts.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
It's hideous. Looks like something out of early 2000 wordart.
*looks at pokemons release year*
That may be because it is lol. But theres nothing really wrong with the logo to me.

Ultra Beast Lover

What do you guys hope is revealed at E3? If information is shown then. I'm hoping for the following:

New character reveals

New mechanics or at least one

Possible new Pokemon

And, while I know it's unlikely, I'd like it if the staff would tell us if Legends will be a mainstay

Red and Blue

What do you guys hope is revealed at E3? If information is shown then. I'm hoping for the following:

New character reveals

New mechanics or at least one

Possible new Pokemon

And, while I know it's unlikely, I'd like it if the staff would tell us if Legends will be a mainstay
New characters and possibly other villages. And I'm not expecting them to confirm that Legends will be a thing for now since it's still technically a experiment

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Anyone else considering the possibility that Arceus might get a new form in this game? Since this is a much older Sinnoh, maybe it has an original form or something.
I could see a new forme but nothing drastic in terms of changing bodily forme/size/etc. Likely just a different forme with a rainbow/multicolored flange rather than one that changes color with the plate.

Actually, could this game be about how the plates were spread around Sinnoh? We know that there was an event that scattered them around the Sinnoh region "when the universe was created" so it both aligns with what little we know about the plot as well as the main item linked to the main legendary being the Plates.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
New character reveals
It would actually be very funny if all characters in Legends are just the same characters in the original. With Not-Dawn and Not-Lucas being the protagonists, Not-Cyrus could be the main villain. Not-Rowan is the professor. Not-Barry is our rival, so on and so forth.

Ultra Beast Lover

It would actually be very funny if all characters in Legends are just the same characters in the original. With Not-Dawn and Not-Lucas being the protagonists, Not-Cyrus could be the main villain. Not-Rowan is the professor. Not-Barry is our rival, so on and so forth.
I could see Gamefreak doing that as a joke

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I very badly want not-Barry in the game. Legends could be a masterpiece for the ages, and yet if it didn’t have a Barry clone then that wouldn’t matter at all.

I hope we get a mix of new and familiar faces. Not everybody has to be a copy of an existing character, but it would be nice to see potential ancestors of characters that are really associated with Sinnoh.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I very badly want not-Barry in the game. Legends could be a masterpiece for the ages, and yet if it didn’t have a Barry clone then that wouldn’t matter at all.

I hope we get a mix of new and familiar faces. Not everybody has to be a copy of an existing character, but it would be nice to see potential ancestors of characters that are really associated with Sinnoh.

You're asking for the game to be too much like Diamond & Pearl. The game is most likely going to be Pokémon GO in open world.

We will probably spend the majority of the game catching pokemon and much less of it battling. I am preparing myself for this now, so I don't psych myself out and be disappointed when I get the game.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
While it is true that the concept of being a Pokemon trainer is not as prevalent in this game's time period, it would really be disappointing if majority are just wild Pokemon battles.