• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Bird Keeper Toby came up with an interesting theory. The idea is that Arceus is making the Pokemon mad because of something the humans did long ago, like the swordsman who killed a bunch of Pokemon, or it's trying to kill Cyllene because of what Cyrus attempts to do in the future.
I'm going to assume that Arceus either feels threatened by the appearance of foreign settlements on its home soil or that it wants its plates back.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I'm going to assume that Arceus either feels threatened by the appearance of foreign settlements on its home soil or that it wants its plates back.
I’m going with the Plates theory. It would be a nice reference to the movie and we know that the Plates All have some of Arceus’ powers stored within them. I think that there is a new form for Arceus which explains the surprised look the PC has near the end of the trailer and the bright glow coming from off the screen. We have yet to see Arceus in any shape or form in the trailers and it does seem like something very drastic happens with Arceus that GF wants to keep as a surprise much like how Zacian and Zamazenta’s non-powered up forms were never seen before SwSh were released.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I’m going with the Plates theory. It would be a nice reference to the movie and we know that the Plates All have some of Arceus’ powers stored within them. I think that there is a new form for Arceus which explains the surprised look the PC has near the end of the trailer and the bright glow coming from off the screen. We have yet to see Arceus in any shape or form in the trailers and it does seem like something very drastic happens with Arceus that GF wants to keep as a surprise much like how Zacian and Zamazenta’s non-powered up forms were never seen before SwSh were released.

I'd assume the glow is related to a boss cutscene for the "king battles" we've seen leaked. I'm in the belief a certain Pokemon relating to the the type of plate it protects gets a golden aura boost or something from it or Arceus to battle the PC.

We also do see Arceus in the trailers, the 1st one in February ended with Arceus in the same format as the BDSP cover Legendaries so I assume since they seem to be the same, so is Arceus.

Though I feel like we'll get a new ability or move for Arceus that lets him change types mid battle or something.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I'm not a huge open world fan, but this game seems like a lot of fun even with the open world aspect for me. The expeditions part reminds me a lot of the Monster Hunter games, along with crafting, but I'm sure that's a staple in a bunch of other games... I just don't play a lot of other stuff XD

The lore is absolutely hype worthy. This is everything I could've wanted in a Pokemon game since I saw the Celebi and Lucario movies. There's so much untapped potential to explore other regions in a different time period. It's perfect!

I've also always wanted a Fuu dog version of Growlithe so... really this entire game is a dream come true. The only thing that I'm worried about is a barren open world, as most of those games tend to have that problem in my experience. I reeeeally hope they keep on going with this concept.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder what the move turn cap is. I assume it's two since they wouldn't want the battles to get too easy or too hard in the case of slower Pokemon.

Red and Blue

The main thing that disappoints me about Braviary is the Psychic/Flying typing. We have so many Phychic/Flying-types now, so I would've preferred something else. According to Bulbapedia Hisui Braviary is based on a Stellar's Sea Eagle, which migrate to Hokkaido during Winter like how Braviary migrates to the Hisui Region, but what does that have to do with being psychic?
Same. I would have preferred Ice/Flying since I believe the last Pokemon with that typing was Delibird

ZarudeSandstorm

Back in February, hold on.
Linked below now.
Here is Wyrdeer and the regional Braviary leaked for ride pokemon as well as a unknown Pokemon for rock climbing.

UcYngHJ3ae5aPAFroWF-oq3ghuV9Se4jHs3-EStfA40.jpg

In the bottom right corner you can see a unknown pokemon which is titled more or less as a boss battle

Pokemon-leak.jpg
in picture above, middle between wyrdeer and Braviary who is that? clembot from anime?

ZarudeSandstorm

Back in February, hold on.
Linked below now.
Here is Wyrdeer and the regional Braviary leaked for ride pokemon as well as a unknown Pokemon for rock climbing.

UcYngHJ3ae5aPAFroWF-oq3ghuV9Se4jHs3-EStfA40.jpg

In the bottom right corner you can see a unknown pokemon which is titled more or less as a boss battle

Pokemon-leak.jpg
my two cents
that middle pokemon between braviary and wyrdeer looks like clembot with a backpack. or maybe that's us with different style/outfit
that yellow thing below is maybe some sort of attack done by pokemon, if not i think its electric mythical pokemon. it looks mythical.

ZarudeSandstorm

We're not sure, honestly we don't even know where the player is on it. It might be the player but I think the legs are too scraggly.
well player is probably inside that that "backpack" which is part of Pokemon or maybe player is left of Pokemon like hooked on that thing since player is in color. so i am only thinking hisuian nuzleaf, new evolution of nuzleaf( split evo with Shiftry) or new pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Wasn’t there a cut monkey Pokémon from either Gen VI or VII that was a cross with a spider that had some sort of backpack on its back to carry the trainer? I remember it was a cut Ride Pokémon. It does look like it could be a primate and the feet do look a bit like a monkey’s pointed downward as it climbs

Ultra Beast Lover

Wasn’t there a cut monkey Pokémon from either Gen VI or VII that was a cross with a spider that had some sort of backpack on its back to carry the trainer? I remember it was a cut Ride Pokémon. It does look like it could be a primate and the feet do look a bit like a monkey’s pointed downward as it climbs
There might've been. Having trouble finding it on google if it did exist, google's being it's ever intelligent self.

Edit: Found it, it's just a rumor though. https://pikanewsnetwork.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/rumor-new-pokemon-leaked-for-sun-and-moon/

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
The proportions although humanoid don't match natural human proportions for the PC, so definitely a Pokemon of some kind.

Ya that Rock Gorilla and all the other designs done by said artist were all fake, though she had some good ones I had hoped were real.

One day I'd love an actual bug/normal spider-monkey.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The proportions although humanoid don't match natural human proportions for the PC, so definitely a Pokemon of some kind.

Ya that Rock Gorilla and all the other designs done by said artist were all fake, though she had some good ones I had hoped were real.

One day I'd love an actual bug/normal spider-monkey.
That was a fake? I didn’t know that. I only heard about it in a video about little known Pokémon facts.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
Ever since the image leaked, I thought the climbing Pokémon looked almost like a Gallade with a backpack or something - the wavy strand coming from the head could be some kind of headband or something. Given that the two riding Pokémon we’ve seen are new, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if this one is another new one revealed in a coming trailer.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It's really hard to place that climbing Pokemon, it looks most like a Nuzleaf to me. But I doubt it's a mid-stage Pokemon, maybe it's some kind of evolution of Hisuian Nuzleaf? Hard to say at this point.

I'm wondering if this was actually leaked on purpose to generation hype/discussion (since they probably knew it would be a long wait before we saw the next trailer). I can't see why else the Pokemon would be shown as silhouettes in the image when the footage shows the actual Pokemon.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It could be from a super early build before the models were completed.