• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
In addition to what others have said, tectonic movement is on the scale of millions of years. It also doesn't account for the changing of landmasses the way you'd see it between Hisui and modern Sinnoh. The movement of tectonic plates causes landmasses to break apart (like South America and Africa), smash together forming mountains (India and the rest of Asia creating the Himalayas), or slide against each other (western California with the rest of North America).

Also remember that the Pokemon world has powerful legendary Pokemon that are capable of supernatural feats. So it's feasible that larger and quicker changes in landmass and tectonic plates could be caused by legendary Pokemon. In Hisui/Sinnoh's case, it could be due to spatial distortions caused by Palkia.

Autobot N

Also remember that the Pokemon world has powerful legendary Pokemon that are capable of supernatural feats. So it's feasible that larger and quicker changes in landmass and tectonic plates could be caused by legendary Pokemon. In Hisui/Sinnoh's case, it could be due to spatial distortions caused by Palkia.
Or Regigigas since he can pull entire continents into place

Ultra Beast Lover

I suppose the best way to determine when exactly this game takes place is to see if there are any mentions of how old something is in modern Sinnoh then see if it's built in Hisui during the game. We know it takes place in what we would know as the Meiji period but we don't know how long ago that was in terms of Pokemon. Since this appears to be about getting the people and Pokemon of Hisui to work together, that means there could be a sudden boom in technology.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm going to make the prediction that we will get Legends: Arceus DLC as our content for 2022/early 2023.
I think Sword/Shield is starting a trend, and I don't think it's just to eliminate third versions.
I also don't think we will get a whole different game for the aforementioned time frame, but we'll see.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I'm going to make the prediction that we will get Legends: Arceus DLC as our content for 2022/early 2023.
I think Sword/Shield is starting a trend, and I don't think it's just to eliminate third versions.
I also don't think we will get a whole different game for the aforementioned time frame, but we'll see.

Although it'd kinda suck since its visible on the map, Stark Mountain with a Heatran focused plot would make a good DLC.

But perhaps it'll be more akin to SwSh's with what it added in.

Honeslty its kind of the wild west right now since the "estabilished" gen "rules" have all been pretty much broken.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
If I had to guess, any DLC in Legends Arceus will probably cover any Pokemon not yet in Gen 8 (Sword/Shield onwards).
I think it is likely that BDSP will have the first 493 Pokemon, and probably a few more.
According to Wulava's post in the BDSP thread, there are almost 30 families that are from Generations 5-7 that aren't already in Sword/Shield.

It's sort of a "fan theory" of mine, but I think all Pokemon will be featured in Gen 8 games someway or another.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I really want to see the Eterna Forest area. I’m hoping we get a quaint little village inside the forest itself and that the Old Chateau is where the mayor or village equivalent lives.

Ultra Beast Lover

There is another interesting tidbit though, upon closer inspection of the map it seems that the people in the Snowpoint area are themed after Palkia but on the other side of the mountain the people are wearing Dialga themed clothes. It could be two rival factions or maybe these are outfits the player can wear.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
There is another interesting tidbit though, upon closer inspection of the map it seems that the people in the Snowpoint area are themed after Palkia but on the other side of the mountain the people are wearing Dialga themed clothes. It could be two rival factions or maybe these are outfits the player can wear.
Dialga clothes? SOLD.
Can you send me a picture of those?

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I really want to see the Eterna Forest area. I’m hoping we get a quaint little village inside the forest itself and that the Old Chateau is where the mayor or village equivalent lives.

I honestly think we'll just come to a spooky area in the forest and some NPC will state "huh great place for a mansion don't you think?"

Maybe have us catch a Gastly to get some info on the area.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Most likely two clans of Hissuians. Note how they are near tents, not houses. Again Jubilife and Celestic are probably the only two real villages in Hissui.
I think Eterna might have a small settlement. Eterna City was stated to be one of the oldest cities in Sinnoh and it does have the old statue that depicts a Legendary Pokemon.

disobedient

Where are you getting these HQ images from. The official map is very small and blurry. Was a bigger version of the whole thing posted somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it

Last edited:

Luthor

I suspect there's going to be a creepy area somewhere for the ghosts. I can't spot a lost tower or an old chateau but they might just not be shown on the map (or I'm completely missing it) or perhaps there will be a new area entirely.

Kingudora

My favourite
I wonder if there will be a side plot with Shaymin and Floaroma Town, since it is implied that Shaymin transformed the cold, barren land of Floaroma to a lush, flowery meadow in the past.

In P:LA, the location where Floaroma Town would be is indeed barren, so GF has taken that into account. I just wonder if it will actually be a story point in the game though.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I suspect there's going to be a creepy area somewhere for the ghosts. I can't spot a lost tower or an old chateau but they might just not be shown on the map (or I'm completely missing it) or perhaps there will be a new area entirely.
The Lost Tower and Old Chateau were likely not built yet.

And even if the Old Chateau was, it's probably inhabited and not haunted.

Ultra Beast Lover

I wonder if there will be a side plot with Shaymin and Floaroma Town, since it is implied that Shaymin transformed the cold, barren land of Floaroma to a lush, flowery meadow in the past.

In P:LA, the location where Floaroma Town would be is indeed barren, so GF has taken that into account. I just wonder if it will actually be a story point in the game though.
That would certainly explain, in part, why the snowy climate that should be the Eterna Forest area is suddenly full of life.

Dared3v0

Just have fun
I know we are all excited for this game and with little info right now I was wondering how does everyone think pokemon home will factor into this game

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I know we are all excited for this game and with little info right now I was wondering how does everyone think pokemon home will factor into this game
I think it will be pretty contained, like Let's Go without necessarily the Go mons.

As in, I think you will be able to put them into Home, and then distributed them to other games.

I also think that Sword/Shield and BDSP will be patched to allow this.