• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I know we are all excited for this game and with little info right now I was wondering how does everyone think pokemon home will factor into this game

The connection with Pokemon HOME is most likely just a one-way thing: you can only transfer Pokemon out.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
The connection with Pokemon HOME is most likely just a one-way thing: you can only transfer Pokemon out.
I’m thinking the same. Legends seems like it’s a game that is completely separate from the rest of the main series games just like the Let’s Go games. It’s still part of the main series but there are so many differences that it isn’t like the others. Think of it like how the US version SMB 2 is totally different from the other two games in the trilogy to the point that it is its own thing and yet somehow connects to the Mario timeline.

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
I know we are all excited for this game and with little info right now I was wondering how does everyone think pokemon home will factor into this game
As everyone else said likely a one way to trip to home and then swsh or any game they are compatible with. Altough part of me is hopeful that it means BDSP or SWSh will get an update to allow some Hisui forms into their games (maybe you need to reach the end of the game to use home too so you can't just put your entire dex into home reset and then bring them back to complete it like you can with lets go.)

Also some other hopes BDSP will regonize save data from legends Arceus and vice versa giving you a little easter egg or a bonus of some kind (Maybe your Hisui pokedex appears in Canalave and you can read some journal entries or something)
SWSH free update with the rest of the pokedex if nothing else for VGC so it doesn't get as stale as it already sorta is
Azure flute in either PLA or BDSP

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I basically said the same thing, but I guess the language I used in my post wasn't as clear, ha ha!

I do wonder how the Pokeballs will be treated upon transfer.

They could convert the Pokeballs I suppose, but would they convert the Heavy Balls? They have entirely different mechanics.

TRNRLogan

I wonder if there will be a side plot with Shaymin and Floaroma Town, since it is implied that Shaymin transformed the cold, barren land of Floaroma to a lush, flowery meadow in the past.

In P:LA, the location where Floaroma Town would be is indeed barren, so GF has taken that into account. I just wonder if it will actually be a story point in the game though.
If they don't I'll take it as them leaving it open for a sequel.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I basically said the same thing, but I guess the language I used in my post wasn't as clear, ha ha!

They could convert the Pokeballs I suppose, but would they convert the Heavy Balls? They have entirely different mechanics.

Honestly, it would actually be nice if they kept the ancient Pokeballs and patch SWSH to have it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Honestly, it would actually be nice if they kept the ancient Pokeballs and patch SWSH to have it.
That’s not impossible, but I still wonder if they will be kept or not.

Luthor

I think they could convert the heavy ball pokemon. The mechanics matter less after its caught. You'd just have very different sorts of Pokemon found in them than usual.

TRNRLogan

I really hope they don't convert the poke balls. I really like their design and want to keep them.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I wonder where we live in Jubilife Village. Most of these homes seem pretty similar
The standard in video games is that your home has either a different design from the others, is in a distinctive part of town such as all by itself somewhere, or has a particular marker telling you it's yours (provided your home's location is important to the story or mechanics).

Which one is chosen depends on the game itself, as well as what's most convenient for the story/mechanics. For instance, Duran's home in Trials of Mana is in a village with few enough buildings that it just being in a corner of the town makes it easy enough to remember, while homes in the Animal Crossing games let you pick its location, so it has to look different.

Starspinner

This is my theory on Hisui's backstory:

In the beginning, there actually was an ancient civilization that had a relationship with Pokemon. The civilization's relations, however, were not that beneficial for the Pokemon. Instead of befriending Pokemon like the anime encourages, the ancients developed (or adopted) the PokeBall solely to catch and enslave Pokemon.

Sometime later, Arceus discovers that humanity was mistreating Pokemon and decided to transfer some of its power to several of beleaguered Pokemon. In exchange for that power, however, they went insane and tore apart many of the cities within the civilization, reducing it to villages like Jubilife. To convince the remaining villagers to lead separate lives from Pokemon, it left these corrupted Pokemon as they were.

Only a handful of brave souls, such as the Galactic Research team, have the courage to reconnect with Pokemon. Therefore, as the main character, your goal is to make up with Arceus to stop the corrupted Pokemon and establish modern-day relations between people and Pokemon.

Ultra Beast Lover

In the beginning, there actually was an ancient civilization that had a relationship with Pokemon. The civilization's relations, however, were not that beneficial for the Pokemon. Instead of befriending Pokemon like the anime encourages, the ancients developed (or adopted) the PokeBall solely to catch and enslave Pokemon.

Sometime later, Arceus discovers that humanity was mistreating Pokemon and decided to transfer some of its power to several of beleaguered Pokemon. In exchange for that power, however, they went insane and tore apart many of the cities within the civilization, reducing it to villages like Jubilife. To convince the remaining villagers to lead separate lives from Pokemon, it left these corrupted Pokemon as they were.

Only a handful of brave souls, such as the Galactic Research team, have the courage to reconnect with Pokemon. Therefore, as the main character, your goal is to make up with Arceus to stop the corrupted Pokemon and establish modern-day relations between people and Pokemon.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if that is the plot

Monday

The game is looking to have a pretty heavy basis in Japanese history, and comparing things to their historical equivalents (Hisui/Sinnoh - Ezo/Hokkaido; your hypothetical ancients - the Ainu people; Galaxy Team - the Colonization Office) I would think that the opposite is more likely. The native people of Hisui lived, or tried to live, in harmony with Pokemon, whereas the Galaxy Team and associates have an unhealthy relationship with Pokemon that angers Arceus because of their belief that "Pokemon are terrifying creatures!"

To compare it to the Sinnoh history tidbits from DPPt, the "Sinnoh Folk Tales" about honouring the Pokemon you eat and how people and Pokemon were once as one might be the traditions of the Hisuians. On the other hand, the story of the swordsman from Veilstone might be an adapted foreign myth brought in by the Galaxy Team.

Or actually, thinking about it now, I'm gonna go ahead and predict that the Veilstone Myth is actually an allegory for the Galaxy Team itself. Although I can't say how Veilstone could come into it when the city doesn't seem to exist yet.

As protagonists, our role is almost certainly about making peace between people and Pokemon, with Arceus and probably Giratina being important to that, but I think that's likely to involve uncovering corruption within the ranks of the Galaxy Team (I don't quite think Game Freak will go as far as making the whole organization evil, since it seems to be deeply involved in the game's mechanics).

Julia Artemis

Oh definitely the upcoming Switch games. It's a Nintendo Direct, they barely talk about mobile games and plus we got more than enough stuff for Unite over the last couple of days. But guessing we'll just get details about the Poketch in BDSP and unsure what LA will be, maybe showing more ride pokemon, like a rock climb, strength and cut

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Oh definitely the upcoming Switch games. It's a Nintendo Direct, they barely talk about mobile games and plus we got more than enough stuff for Unite over the last couple of days. But guessing we'll just get details about the Poketch in BDSP and unsure what LA will be, maybe showing more ride pokemon, like a rock climb, strength and cut
<3333
Do u think we might get new details regarding BSDP? Or just a recap of what we have already seen?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I am looking forward to more info about this game than I am with BDSP.

Hopefully more characters and new Pokemon are introduced. I also hope there are more fun gameplay mechanics outside of battling and catching Pokemon.