• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Seeing how its a regular Nintendo Direct its not guaranteed we'll see anything Pokemon related. TPC has been using Pokemon Presents more and more to get game info out there and to create focused hype.

If we do get BDSP/Legends Arceus news, it will be short snippets to recap that both are releasing when they are releasing with possibly 1-3 new shots for everyone to speculate over.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
BDSP I expect to get a shout out and maybe a short look at screenshots of the games. Legends I think is possible to have a small bit of information revealed with said info being about how Legends could possibly connect with BDSP and how it will work with Home. I think Legends will get a small discussion given this Direct is focusing on games coming out this winter and Legends fits into the timeframe perfectly. It is one of the major releases for early next year.

Julia Artemis

I would neat to see the rock climb pokemon we saw a silhouette of in those leaked photos. See legit as we saw pokemon with power auras and flying with Hisuian Braviary in the trailer. I'd like it to be an alternate evolution for Nuzleaf. Also liked the look of Nuzleaf, especially it's shiny but the look for Shiftry also was disappointing. Maybe it'll also be Grass/Rock

Julia Artemis

My guess it will probably be between next week and before the Animal Crossing direct. I guess they didn't want to take away from the Pokemon Unite mobile release. Also wasn't next week the anniversary of the release of DP

Captain Jigglypuff

My guess it will probably be between next week and before the Animal Crossing direct. I guess they didn't want to take away from the Pokemon Unite mobile release. Also wasn't next week the anniversary of the release of DP
It is and fun fact, the original games were released on my birthday but I wasn’t able to get them but now I’m able to get them at launch and I intended on having them on day one. The AC direct I’m guessing will happen the week of October 10 or the following week right after the Smash Direct has aired and the hype for the final DLC Fighter is revealed. I just hope this last Fighter was worth the wait.

Dzentelmen

When they showed Hisuian Marley I expected to see the remaining stats trainers but instead it's Hisuian Mars and two randos.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So we are getting someting akin of Trials and Trial Captains. Is the Munchlax lady supposed to be the Rival?

I can see a more active Snorlax variant or alt evo.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
Thank goodness, something actually worthy of being evolved from Scyther!! Still not as cool as Scyther is in general, but definitely looks better than Scizor to me.

I'm glad they have those trainers around; every time we get news, the game feels a little less empty. Hopefully it keeps filling up.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
Ohhhhhh, the mysterious Pokémon seen climb up that mountain was Kleavor and evolves from Scyther. That explains the blade arms and extremely thin legs.

Ya honestly I feel dumb thinking it wasn't related to Scyther, I thought it looked more mammalian or just..not bug like....

Kleavor is Bug/Rock. So looks like we possibly aren't doing plate guardians with same typing (unless bug/rock plates are here) but instead the powerful noble Pokemon that overlooks each unique area in Sinnoh.

So Kleavor is the Noble Pokemon of the Obsidian Fieldlands.

If the markers on the map are an indication to the range of each area, then including Kleavor there may be only 4 Noble Pokemon Battles. With Mt. Coronet either having its own before Arceus' battle or just Arceus itself and Jubilife probably doesn't have one.

The rest of the challenge may just very well be the Berserk Pokemon running amok in the different areas as natural roadblocks.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
So we are getting someting akin of Trials and Trial Captains. Is the Munchlax lady supposed to be the Rival?

I can see a more active Snorlax variant or alt evo.

The Wardens seem to be helper NPCs of each area.

Helping us by giving the ability to use the various ride Pokemon or directing us in that areas Mission. Such as we saw with I assume Clay's ancestor who realized that Kleavor is responsible for the ongoings and is probably the next mission for the player.

EDIT: More clearer info on this.

There are special Pokémon in the Hisui region that have received a mysterious blessing. Some of these Pokémon, known as nobles, are particularly powerful, while others are said to willingly assist the people of the region. Your encounters with these special Pokémon will be a key part of your story.

The people of the Hisui region hold a great respect for these special Pokémon and task wardens to look after them. The wardens protect the special Pokémon by making sure their territories remain safe and by providing offerings of food and water.

Captain Jigglypuff

Ya honestly I feel dumb thinking it wasn't related to Scyther, I thought it looked more mammalian or just..not bug like....
I thought it was some sort of new primate Pokémon as I thought the feet looked like they were pointing down like a monkey or ape’s as it climbs up a tree. I don’t think anyone expected it to be a Bug Type let alone related to Scyther since we only saw it from a far distance in an aerial angle and the mountain screenshot was mostly in shadows from a distance.

Smeargle-Sketch

Sketcher of Smeargles
I thought it was some sort of new primate Pokémon as I thought the feet looked like they were pointing down like a monkey or ape’s as it climbs up a tree. I don’t think anyone expected it to be a Bug Type let alone related to Scyther since we only saw it from a far distance in an aerial angle and the mountain screenshot was mostly in shadows from a distance.

I do believe that the rock climbing Pokemon is still different from Kleavor. The main factor to this is the head shape and "leaf" coming of of it. Both too smooth to be Kleavor who is jagged and has a short spike on its head.

Captain Jigglypuff

I do believe that the rock climbing Pokemon is still different from Kleavor. The main factor to this is the head shape and "leaf" coming of of it. Both too smooth to be Kleavor who is jagged and has a short spike on its head.
Good point but the Pokémon also has blade like arms so it could be a new Hisuian form of Bisharp I suppose as it is the only other Pokémon that has a blade on its head that could look like a leaf if you change its design, axe like arms, and skinny legs. Gallade is another possibility but its arms are more like swords than axes.