• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends: Arceus - General Speculation/Discussion Thread

Ultra Beast Lover

It looks like we'll have limited storage which I'm honestly ok with. We know they don't invent the device that sends items into a pocket dimension or whatever until after Gen 3 I believe so we knew we weren't getting infinite storage. Besides, that'll just make it feel even more like an adventure. Can you imagine walking or even flying through a blizzard, you're low on supplies and your Pokemon are badly hurt. Finally, you find a campsite and you get to pretend to warm up by the fire while restocking your supplies and getting your team all fixed up before the next expedition. I'm sure it'll get annoying sometimes but I'll get used to it.

Also, I'm probably going to at least get an alpha Luxray for my main team. I dunno if they're stronger but they're certainly larger and I want at least one big boy on my team. I wonder if every wild Pokemon has an alpha, if so I might choose to have a bunch of alpha Pokemon on my team.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Well, its possible some form of Celestic Town must exist.

As for the map, it is true we see tents belonging to the two tribes, but we have also seen that with Iscan, it is just a tent. At most we'll find clusters of them in a spot or something similar to the stables in BotW.
Eterna City possibly also exists in some form. I’m guessing as a small village at the edge of Eterna Forest. It was hinted to be one of the oldest cities in Sinnoh given the statue’s description plate is so worn that parts of it can’t be read. The statue is also described as bing a very old and important part of Eterna City and Sinnoh’s history. Hearthome City is most likely a small town and Snowpoint City has to exist in some form given the age of the Snowpoint Temple and how Regigigas is found in a dormant state in the basement and stayed that way for hundreds of years.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Eterna City possibly also exists in some form. I’m guessing as a small village at the edge of Eterna Forest. It was hinted to be one of the oldest cities in Sinnoh given the statue’s description plate is so worn that parts of it can’t be read. The statue is also described as bing a very old and important part of Eterna City and Sinnoh’s history. Hearthome City is most likely a small town and Snowpoint City has to exist in some form given the age of the Snowpoint Temple and how Regigigas is found in a dormant state in the basement and stayed that way for hundreds of years.
But if we have more towns, why dont we see them in the map? Even by drawing a single building..

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Well, its possible some form of Celestic Town must exist.

As for the map, it is true we see tents belonging to the two tribes, but we have also seen that with Iscan, it is just a tent. At most we'll find clusters of them in a spot or something similar to the stables in BotW.
We could see the beginning of Velistone City by showing people of the Hisui region either observing the metrorites or building small camps/settlements around the area.

Orphalesion

They're set at the same time as the Johto games, three years after Kanto/Hoenn games, and roughly 5-10 years before Unova.
Plus, aside form the series staples (Pokeballs and such, and we already see steam-powered Pokeballs in the LoA trailers) the technology in D/P pretty much matches the early 2000s, so I doubt it's hundreds of years in the future.

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah honestly I'm not really sure about the villages. The Gen 4 games made it sound like most of the towns and cities were several hundred years old yet if this lines up with our world it's only been about two hundred years if not shorter. The best I can offer is that there might be tiny settlements around the region that grow over time. Judging by the Dialga/Palkia themed clothes of the Wardens I'm willing to believe that there are two different groups that have built settlements around the village.

Akashin

I wonder what this game's version of TMs will be, or if there will be something like that at all.
When we saw Drifblim in the most recent trailer, three of its moves had scroll-esque icons next to them. Barring there already being a reason for that that I've missed, it's possible there could be something like skill scrolls, with that icon denoting moves learned that way.

Ultra Beast Lover

When we saw Drifblim in the most recent trailer, three of its moves had scroll-esque icons next to them. Barring there already being a reason for that that I've missed, it's possible there could be something like skill scrolls, with that icon denoting moves learned that way.
Those are for the battle styles.

Julia Artemis

I mean this is kind of obvious in the recent trailers and I'm fine with essentially USUM meets Monster Hunter. People putting way too much emphasis on the idea of open world. I don't think Game Freak will ever actually do a fully open world game and it's still amazing they did something closer to that in Sword and Shield and now this. Maybe I'm wrong and Gen 9 will be that game but they've always had gates in their games even if you could challenge gyms out of order in gen 1-4.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-arceus-is-clearly-not-going-to-be-open-1847817836

Ultra Beast Lover

Yeah it was pretty obvious it wouldn't be completely open world. I'm ok with it, personally. A completely open world would be pretty overwhelming, I'd be forgetting where everything is all the time.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I mean this is kind of obvious in the recent trailers and I'm fine with essentially USUM meets Monster Hunter. People putting way too much emphasis on the idea of open world. I don't think Game Freak will ever actually do a fully open world game and it's still amazing they did something closer to that in Sword and Shield and now this. Maybe I'm wrong and Gen 9 will be that game but they've always had gates in their games even if you could challenge gyms out of order in gen 1-4.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-arceus-is-clearly-not-going-to-be-open-1847817836
Where was it said its not completely an open world?

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Where was it said its not completely an open world?
This is the full statement:

"In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Jubilife Village will serve as the base for surveying missions. After receiving an assignment or a request and preparing for their next excursion, players will set out from the village to study one of the various open areas of the Hisui region. After they finish the survey work, players will need to return once more to prepare for their next task. We look forward to sharing more information about exploring the Hisui region soon."

It is not said outright. But it implies that once we've taken a quest, we are only bound to explore the area in question.

A full open world game does not give you boundaries, such as Breath of the Wild where you can freely explore Hyrule and do your own thing ignoring objectives.

Ultra Beast Lover

I hope the balms are upgradeable, they look like they do so little to the frenzied Pokemon and I'd prefer not spending four hours on each boss.

treatyofversigh

Yeah, I’m definitely okay with it not being fully open world, too. Dragon Age Inquisition (though I know it’s a totally different type of game) had big areas you could explore like what this seems to be and you could go back to your base after, and I really liked that. Agreed that it makes it easier to 100% stuff (bless- I need to finish Everything). Really looking forward to the game, the more we hear about it!!