• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legend's Guardians [RP Thread]

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Sundance "Sunny" Araw
Guardian of Friendship; Rei the Escavalier
589MS.png

Ferry to Castelia City

Sunny hummed to himself as he watched the sea, leaning against the railing of the ship they took. The tune wasn't recognizable to most, if at all. The tune was cheery, matching with his small smile. It was simple folk song from his mother, whose lineage was believed to originally come from somewhere in Kanto or Johto. It was called Polka sa Nayon and it also had a dance to it. He was tempted to do just that, but even he knew that was ridiculous. At least on a boat with no band or someone playing an instrument to dance to.

So far, he considered to trip the same as the tune he hummed, cheery. True, it was relatively uneventful, only a few small talks here and there, but as far as he was concerned, everything was going, ahem, swiminngly. During their trek to Virbank, little Sonja stuck close to him and Nova and occasinally petted the now invisible Keldeo. Sunny had made a warm smile when the little girl held hands with the latter. It was a warming sight to see as he had done that himself when he was younger with his ate; his older sister. Because of that, he just stood close. And mentioned a few nice stories involving his ate and him when they were younger to keep her mind busy.

When they did reach Virbank, Sonja was apprehensive to go inside since Keldeo wouldn't, even invisible. So Sunny had an idea to make her feel better.

He had turned to Rei and said, "Hey Rei, is it fine if you stay with Sonja?"

Sonja was, understandably, a bit surprised at that and said he didn't need to do that. Sunny, however, insisted.

"It's all right. Rei doesn't mind, right?" The Escavalier in question shook her head. "And I don't mind either."

After a little coaxing, from himself and others, she looked much calmer enterring the girls' room. The night was rather uneventful as well. Though he may have unintentionally scared Sparky (and maybe some of the others) right before he went to bed when a few of his...pranking equipment fell out. It wasn't much. Just a hand buzzer, a whoopie cushion, a few fake mini Spinarak...and an ultra realistic Hydreigon mask. He had apologized for that and explained the mask, seeing as they might have thought that he had the head of a decapitated Hydreigon.

He had went to bed early and woke up at his usual time, about five thirty in the morning, more or less. After getting dressed, he noticed Rory was gone. Seeing as Sonja would probably still be asleep, and thus Rei wouldn't want to disturb her. So he just decided to stand watch near the Pokémon Center. After all, it was likely he was going to do this sometime in the future. It was when he "heard" a telepathic "good morning" from Keldeo that he went inside and the smell of baking went up his nose. He wondered who was the one cooking. Eventually, after everyone was ready and together, they boarded the earliest ship they could take to Castelia.

His thoughts were interrupted when a certain young lady said something in (presumably) her native tongue and then said in English that she had baked some breakfast. In all honesty, he had taken some before he left, but it was bread, and that smell reminded him too much of what his family often bought for snacks. So when he was handed his, Sunny happily received it. He also got Rei's, seeing as she couldn't hold anything.

"Salamat 'day," he said with a smile, seeing as Cadence was using another language as well.

After that, he took a piece of Rei's bread and gave it to her. She gobbled up almost instantly. Then she said,

"That was delicious. May I have another one, Sunny?"

He did as asked and gave some more to her. Like the ones before, it was gone just as quickly. In the course of a good thirty seconds, Rei's share was gone. He couldn't help but raise an eyebrow before he took a bite himself. Now he understood why Rei asked that and he couldn't help but laugh.

"Hey, Cadence, I think you just got yourself a fan of your cooking. Rei gobbled it all up already," he said, his smile amused when he noticed the somewhat embarrassed expression Rei had. "I agree with her. I think it's delicious too. I think you'll be a great chef."

Tangeh

Alvin Kohlberg
Innovation ;172;
Ferry to Castelia -> Castelia Sewers

The ferry soon docked at the edge of Castelia City, and Sonja walked nervously over to Alvin. "Are you ready?" she asked shyly, tucked her hands behind her back. Today she was sporting a purple and white polo t-shirt with blue short and purple sneakers. Her hair was not braided as it was the day prior, but was still tied away from her face. Her outfit choice implied she was expected a lot of physical activity out of the first Trial.

Alvin nodded, equally nervous, but better able to hide it. "If we turn right at the end of the docks and walk to the other end, that will take us directly to the sewers." Sparky climbed smoothly onto Alvin's shoulder, and nodded in agreement. "It's not a long walk, but it might be a little crowded."

"Stay close to the Guardians, Sonja," Keldeo's voice said, though his body wasn't visible. Sonja started suddenly and Alvin felt something brush past him. Small ripples appeared in the ocean water. If Alvin hadn't been looking, he likely would have missed it. Keldeo hesitated, still invisible, waiting for them to follow.

Alvin led the group to the other end of the city. Sparky, normally so eager to rush ahead, clung to Alvin's shoulder, too afraid of being trampled by the hoards of people to run on his own. Keldeo kept pace with them along the water, where the crowds were unable to run into him. The entrance to the sewers was located along the final dock, and they descended in single-order down into it.

The sewers were dimly lit by wall lights spaced sparingly along the brick walls which were surprisingly high. As expected, the floors were damp and the area had an odd smell to it. There were two concrete paths alongside a stretch of water that ran roughly ten feet across. It was too opaque to see how deep it was, though Alvin hoped that knowledge wouldn't come in handy anyways. Steel safety railings, rusted with age, lined the area. There were a number of different paths that branched off from where they had entered. Sonja smiled and reached one arm out, and Keldeo materialized in front of her. He nodded at the group briefly in greeting, then turned to Alvin. "Do you still have the trail?"

Alvin hesitated, then shared a look with Sparky. "No... this is as far as I knew to go."

Keldeo took a few steps forward, surveying the area. "I expected as much. The past legends wish to test us further. One cannot expect to simply board a ferry and ride it directly to the trial location." Keldeo continued to pace forward.

Sparky tipped his head. "That's, uh, kind of what I was expecting..."

Sonja nervously watched Keldeo pace ahead. "What happens now?"

A loud thud echoed through the sewers. Alvin felt a few sparks brush his shoulder. He turned and realized the entrance to the sewers had been sealed off by a large stone slab. "Wh-what the - ?!"

The lanterns simultaneously went out. Alvin could hear Sonja whimpering nervously, and Keldeo's hoofsteps as he padded back to them. Tiny electric sparks pierced the darkness and collided with Alvin's cheek.

"Stay calm," Keldeo instructed, though Alvin couldn't see him. Or anybody, for that matter. "Perhaps we should wait for further guidance. Stay together."

Further guidance? Alvin waited for a minute or so, but it didn't seem like anything else was going to happen. "Sparky," Alvin said, "Use flash."

Sparky hesitated. "Keldeo said to wait."

"You're right, but this isn't the trial for patience. It's the trial for innovation. Innovation is taking the initiative to create something yourself - waiting around for something to happen wouldn't make sense, right?"

"...This is your trial, Guardian of Innovation. I rescind judgement to you."

Sparky's cheeks began glowing brightly, and soon the area was lit enough for them to see - so long as they kept a twenty foot radius around Sparky. "Anyone have a flashlight?" Alvin asked the group. "I don't think I packed one, Sparky knowing flash and all."

"We won't get separated," Sonja said firmly. "We'll stay together, so we don't need another light. Right?"

Before Alvin could think of a response to that, a low growling echoed through the area. The sewer water ebbed oddly back and forth, and a pair of amber eyes appeared in the water, mere feet away from Sonja. A second pair of eyes joined it, and then a third. Keldeo noticed first, rearing up at the opposing pokemon as they began rising out of the water - three feralilgatr, but they were an odd shade of olive green instead of the usual blue. "Run! Protect Sonja!"

Sparky's flash flickered in and out in his fear over the much larger pokemon. Alvin froze, not even able to see Sonja from where he was standing. He was too focused on the three slowly approaching feraligatr to pay attention.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Olivia Lee Parker
Perception
547.png

Olivia got off the ferry and landed on the grounds of Castelia City along with the other guardians. Her and Fluffer were amazed by the sight of how huge the city was and was eager to explore Castelia until she remembered there was a trial to be done first by Alvin and Sparky. Olivia saw Sonja being nervous about the upcoming trial but she personally kept her cheery attitude in check.

As everyone made their way to the Castelia Sewers, Keldeo told Sonja to stay close to the guardians, especially since Castelia City is a bustling city full of many citizens and one could get lost. Fluffer jumped on top of Olivia's head which somewhat remedied the potential problem of both being separated.

The guardians arrived at the final dock where the entrance to the Castelia Sewers was located. Fluffer could fit in the entrance easily due to her cotton-filled body being able to fit into small holes and Olivia came down as well.

“It smells really bad in here but at least I have had enough years in Virbank to get used to these kinds of odors.” Olivia said happily. Keldeo replied to Olivia saying to keep her expectations low on what to look forward to beyond a foul smell to which Olivia agreed. This was especially the case as Sparky could not tell any further on where to go from where the guardians were at.

A loud sound from the back was heard and was caused by a stone slab blocking off the entrance. The sound scared Fluffer with her yelling out “AH” loud. Olivia comforted her quickly by petting Fluffer and Keldeo told everyone to remain calm and collected.

The group then continued forward thanks to Sparky lighting up the sewers with his cheek pouches. Alvin asked if anyone had a flashlight to which Olivia jokingly replied “Well I still have this buzz zapper!”.

Sonja told everyone to stay close as well but after that, a growling noise was heard from further in the dark. Three Feraligatr that were colored different from normal Feraligatr came out the water and scared not only Alvin and Sparky but Fluffer as well to where she left some medium-sized balls of fluff on the ground as she turned away scared.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
=-------------------~~-------------------=
Rory Denver & Hades
Reliability

229.png

The ferry ride seemed to go pretty uneventful. Not really feeling very social, Rory decided to stay a bit away from the others, catching up in one of his books. "Waiting for Sketchie", a dramatic novel about a trainer and his Smeargle, written by his favorite author, Shauntal. The ferry was surprisingly classy, and for a brief moment, it felt like he was on a cruise, although he knew well how cruises used to end up around the world. He shrugged at the thought. Hades was laying on the deck besides him on his back, with his legs in the air. Occasionally, he snorted, and made running movements in the air. He was probably having a pleasant dream. The weather was good, and besides a few seasick individuals, he was left pretty much alone for the duration of the ride.

As if to just shatter the pure, blissful moment that was the ferry ride, one could almost forget that they were actually going into a sewer. The sewers weren't far from where they docked, and they easily found their way there. it was dark in there, and the smells were.. interesting, to say the leaast. Rory had always suspected that his life would hit the ditch at some point, but something as ironic as this was just not acceptable. The fumes practically built a wall in front of the entrance, and Rory stopped in his tracks, making the person behind him to walk into him.

"Nope!" he said. "I'm not going in there, I'm not.. dressed for the occasion.". Hades snuffed a puff of smoke in disagreement. "This is not our trial is it? We can just wait out here.", Rory continued. "Rory, this is an important event, y'know. You should be there with the others!", he said as he tried pulling him in by his suit. He knew Hades was right. What point was it in being on this little trip if he was going to be so stubborn about it. It was just the tiny detail about the sewer, and the stench. Ugh, he really didn't want to do this. This was his favorite suit, after all. It would be a real struggle to get another one, out in the middle of.... underneath somewhere.

Last edited:

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
♥ Cadenza "Cadence" Mia Amoré
Compassion ;282;
Ferry to Castleia > Castleia Sewers♥

"This was delicious!" Rory said, giving Cadence a warm smile. "Right Hades?". Hades released a puff of smoke as he grinned towards Cadence and Lucia.

"Oh thank you sweetie!" Cadence responded as she gave Rory a pat on the head. Lucia just grimaced nervously behind her trainer.

"Hey, Cadence, I think you just got yourself a fan of your cooking. Rei gobbled it all up already," Sunny said. "I agree with her. I think it's delicious too. I think you'll be a great chef."

"Oh, grazie!" Cadence replied. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." Cadence said with a smile. "I really hope so. I'm hoping to open up my own restaurant one day."

The trip was pretty uneventful for the most part. Cadence spent her time looking over the balcony of the ship, admiring the view, and grooming Lucia. She enjoyed having her green 'hair' brushed, even if it wasn't actually hair.

Eventually, the ship arrived and pulled into the dock. Once they got off the ferry, everyone headed for... the sewers. She had forgotten that's where they were heading for. Cadence cringed with disgust. It smelled really bad up close, but what did you expect from a place that had the word ew right in it's name!

Lucia seemed to pick up on Cadence's disgust. "I don't want to go down there either. There are Poison types down there!" She said as she put her hand on her trainer's shoulder. "But we're guardians... We have to go with the others...

"I suppose..." Cadence said with a sigh. "But... I really don't want to get one of my good dresses covered in toxic sludge."

"We don't have a choice unfortunately..." Lucia said as she went down the ladder, and her trainer followed suit.

---

"Here's hoping the next trial will be someplace cleaner..." Cadence said as she grimaced as the river of sludge was bubbling right next to her. The place was as dark as dark could get. The only source of illumination being Alvin's Pichu, and Cadence using her phone as a flashlight. She could also hear growling noises in the distance, and Cadence did not want to know what the source of those noises were.

Suddenly, the light from Alvin's Pichu started flickering, as Alvin got into a fight with something up ahead,

Cadence however had her own problem to deal with. Something was lurking in the toxic filth. Suddenly, something emerged from the poisonous liquid, and roared loudly. Dragalge! shouted the creature who resembled a brown leafy sea dragon.

Both Cadence and Lucia let out a high pitched squeal.

The Dragalge was annoyed by these people and Pokemon making noise in his sewer, and fired a Sludge Bomb. Lucia managed to dodge, but now Cadence was covered in sludge. This caused Cadence to let out another high pitched squeal. Clearly grossed out by the sludge she was now covered in. "EW! LUCIA, USE PSYSHOCK QUICKLY!"

At her trainer's command, the Gardevoir released Psychic energy at the Poison dragon. Causing it to faint, and splash more sludge onto Cadence, much to her disgust.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Sundance "Sunny" Araw
Guardian of Friendship; Partner:
589MS.png

To say the least, he was amused that he was back in his home city so soon, though not exactly near where his house was. He felt in his element. The ferry trip was also rather uneventful, but, admittedly, it was partly because he fell asleep during it, riding on boats always made him do that, what with the way they swayed back and forth. So with having nearly nothing to do, he was glad to have arrived and going to their Trial destination soon.

He was tempted to mention of a few scary stories about the sewers, but considering how Sonja was acting, he kept them to himself.

He went in along with the others, not really affected by the stench. He'd been here many times before and working with his aunt in a ranch over at Johto had led to his resilience to the smell of, well, feces. Then the entrance they took was blocked. He frowned. That wasn't there before. Something had changed the place. True, they were called trials, but he didn't expect them to actually alter the area they took place in. And then the lights went out. If he didn't knew any better, this would be another film of that Kalosian actor, André something or other.

Sparky thankfully had Flash so they could see. Unfortunately, that amounted to little when a threat came up. Three green Feraligatrs came up from the sludge and looked ready to attack them. Keldeo shouted something but he didn't pay attention, one of the Feraligatrs was about to attack.

"Rei! In front of Alvin; Protect!"

And the Escavalier sprang into action. She put herself before Alvin and conjured a large greenish sphere surrounding her. The Feraligatr that lunged was knocked back by it. Before it could recover, Sunny did the most reasonable thing...and went up and punched it at its jaw. It made it dizzy but barely did any damage, which was the point.

"Rei! X-Scissor!"

The knight bug screeched as her lances glowed with energy. Then she struck the gator on its head. It roared in pain and reeled back. Sunny took this opportunity to shake Alvin in an attempt to get him out of his stupor.

"Alvin! Calm down Sparky or else we can't see! We can't run if we can't see!" he said.

Tangeh

Alvin Kohlberg
Innovation ;172;
Castelia Sewers

Alvin heard a high pitched cry to his left, and turned quickly to see a Dragalge confronting Cadence. Sparky, atop Alvin's shoulder, noticed as well, and the glow of his flash was replaced with electrical sparks. "No!" Alvin quickly scolded. "I-it's too damp in here - electricity isn't safe. Use flash!"

Sparky glanced worriedly at Alvin, then at the dragalge. "B-but - "

"I said use flash, Sparky!" It was too dark. He could faintly see Cadence from the light on her phone, but had lost track of where Sonja and the feralgatr were.

Sparky's light radius thankfully came back, but the feraligatr were now mere feet away, hissing menacingly at him. Sparky's light dipped in and out, and he clung to Alvin's shoulder and shivered in fear. Alvin instinctively stepped a few paces back, but there wasn't much else he could do -

"Rei! In front of Alvin; Protect!"

Sunny's escavalier obediently dove in front of them, shielding them just as one reached out to rake them with its claws. Alvin and Sparky both let out shaky breaths. "Th-thanks, Sun - "

The young man abruptly starting shaking Alvin. "Alvin! Calm down Sparky or else we can't see! We can't run if we can't see!"

Alvin glanced at his shoulder, where Sparky was whimpering and hiding his head. The light was indeed going in and out. "Spark, c'mon, deep breaths."

No good. Talking reason into Sparky rarely tended to work when he was panicking. Desperate for an alternative, Alvin glanced around the area. They needed to get the lights back on. Alvin was an electrical engineer - he knew this should be his area of specialty. But the circuit was much too large, and he could only see a tiny portion...

The feraligatr seemed really focused on him and Sparky, for whatever reason. Rei was doing a good job keeping them at bay, but they needed a more permanent solution. He watched one for a few moments. It came closer as Sparky's flash faded out, then retreated back when the light intensified.

"Sparky, use flash."

"I am!" Sparky argued, closing his eyes in concentration to make it hold steady.

"Way more - focus on the feraligatr. I know you're holding back but it's alright if we blind everyone - er, so long as it's just for a moment," Alvin said privately to Sparky, then raised his voice. "Everyone close your eyes!"

Sparky blinked at the feraligatr, then squeezed his eyes closed. A blinding light filled the area, and three pained feraligatr roars echoed though the sewers. Alvin tried desperately to blink stars out of his eyes as the light settled back into a soft glow. He hadn't managed to follow his own advice in time to close his eyes. Sparky's flash was holding much more steady now, and Alvin realized that the feraligatr were gone. He could see them eying the group warily from the shadows. One cautiously began moving again, realizing the light was gone.

"Cadence!" Alvin called suddenly, turning toward the group. "Or for that matter, Joshua, Olivia! Do any of your pokemon know dazzling gleam? I think the feraligatr are deterred by light." Alvin glanced back at the feraligatr, and eerily could see more eyes starting to appear. "Or, uh, flamethrower anyone? Rory?"

"Help!" The scream of a young girl immediately stole Alvin's attention, and he did a quick head count. Sonja was not present, and neither was Keldeo. "Help us!"

Alvin began moving. "We need to keep going - just try to hold the feraligatr off!" He glanced at the collapsed dragalge near Cadence, and decided to rephrase. "Or, whatever weird sewer creatures are down here..."