• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends & Soft resetting - Is it worth it?

Emporar

Rocket rules.
I soft-reset for shiny legendaries, i have 46 shinies and only one shiny legendary (Giratina) <----took a long time. I'd say you MUST have patience to do this.

I dont have patience. Anyway, shinies dont have better stats, they just look different.....

HookShot

Shiny get!
I SR for shiny legendaries every now and then. Usually when I have nothing better to do.
Right now I'm SRing for a Shiny Registeel.

I could go either way about whether or not it's worth it. I like having shiny legends as nice trophies, but it takes a really long time and I don't usually do much with them afterwards.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
I have never caught a shiny legendary Pokemon. I tried soft resetting for a Rayquaza once, but I got to like 15 before I decided it wasn't worth it. Instead, I just soft resetted until I could catch it with one Pokeball.

I personally have no shinies at all. My chains spazz and end randomly whenever I try to chain (just my luck...I've only ever gotten to 34 before my chain broke), and I have no patience to SR for legends, starters, or gift Pokemon. Lately I've been getting back into chaining though, in fact that 34 I got was yesterday, so maybe I'll get max money today and buy some repels and have a go at it.

I think it is worth it if you like having a cool, show-offy Pokemon, but if you don't really care, then don't SR.

EDIT:

whats the point in any of it? wot the hells an IV or nature?

Dude...like, get off Serebii if you don't know what those mean. >_> All it takes is a Google. You're so noobish its kinda epic...

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Up, Up, and Away!!!
It's a pokemon with a different color scheme...of course it's not worth it...

Zerrier

Never done it before, but its been tempting.

I read some posts about SR'ing for natures..i lold. You people take pokemon too seriously.

goldgolem

tell me when to go
well, i guess it's almost worth it for a somewhat legit shiny pokemon.

i want to know what drives people to catch a shiny legendary by using SR.what keeps people going even after a long while?

Dattebayo

Banned
It's not worth it, I just don't care if I caught a shiny legendary or not. Same goes with its nature.

well, i guess it's almost worth it for a somewhat legit shiny pokemon.

i want to know what drives people to catch a shiny legendary by using SR.what keeps people going even after a long while?

insanity.

when i want any shiny with any nature any gender any ability any IVs I turn on the RNG reporter and find out what date and time such a specific pokemon will allready normally appear then i reset my ds clock to that time and date and simply catch or hatch it. soft resetting is insane when you can know for certain ahead of time when a shiny will appear and just catch it on the 1st try. o_o

whats the point in any of it? wot the hells an IV or nature?

IV's stand for "individual values" and natures determine differences in the pokemons stats. Example of natures: Adamant(raises attack by 10%), Rash(raises special attack by 10%), etc. If you have the desired nature, IV's, and EV's(effort values) then you can essentially max out the pokemons desired stats.

I SRed for my uber team back when I had one, natures and ivs do matter if you battle competitively. As for "shinyness" that is a matter of opinion (though you will get better trades for it).

As for Darkrai; natures, evs, and ivs can be the difference between a speed of 257 and a speed stat of 383.

Last edited:

kiogrey

RS REMAKES
I just get to the legendaries and catch them.
Though I do soft reset just in case I fail or is too tired to carry on or the nature is not good for if I'm going to use it.
It depends on the legendary Pokemon I'm catching.

Dave.

To people who SR for Natures, you do know you can just go out, catch an Abra/Breed an Abra with Synchronize of the desired Nature, and there's a 50% chance of the legendary being said nature right?

To people who SR for Natures, you do know you can just go out, catch an Abra/Breed an Abra with Synchronize of the desired Nature, and there's a 50% chance of the legendary being said nature right?

Or RNG it and have a 100% chance of it being said nature.

...oh and gender and and ability and IVs and...

Manaphione123

Merely A Puppet
Excuse me but what exactly is an rng? On topic, I personally don't think it is worth it. I tried on Darkrai but all I got was a serious case of boredom. Btw, I can understand natures and IVs and all that junk but I don't do it. EDIT rank up!

Last edited: