• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends Untold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I can only do OU if the war will be on Showdown, it should be noted though I will be unavailable until Tuesday.

Yesterday I wasn't able to get a spectator badge, but I got one today. I also earned a VIP pass to see Mr. Ishihara tomorrow. Still deciding on what to have him sign.

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
I can only do OU if the war will be on Showdown, it should be noted though I will be unavailable until Tuesday.

Yesterday I wasn't able to get a spectator badge, but I got one today. I also earned a VIP pass to see Mr. Ishihara tomorrow. Still deciding on what to have him sign.

A shiny charizard Trading card xD hahaha, not sure if that would boost it's value or damage it, jealous you get to be out there though while i'm stuck in my tiny village with no cash xD

Oh and Does anyone have a landorus? i need one for my VGC team.

EKZ1505

I'll make sure you're matched up with a PS opponent but you'll have a week once we start.

A shiny charizard Trading card xD hahaha, not sure if that would boost it's value or damage it, jealous you get to be out there though while i'm stuck in my tiny village with no cash xD

Oh and Does anyone have a landorus? i need one for my VGC team.

I have an Adamant and Timid HP Ice one (both Blue Pentagon) if either of those help.

As for the giveaway, again I apologize it was rushed, but it is completed now with Worlds ending. The Masters champion had Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre, Raichu, Hitmontop, Gengar, and Bronzong (so no "Big 6" or Smeargle!!!), so Lord Fighting got 1 right and The Original Wizard got 2. I'll give you each an additional 1 for participating, so let me know what you would like then!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I've pm'd all of the members who haven't posted on this thread as of late and I'm a little...deterred that only one has responded about the tournament. So, I'm thinking that having this be guild only is not going to work. If I made the tournament public, like our last one, would you all be against it?

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
I'll make sure you're matched up with a PS opponent but you'll have a week once we start.

I have an Adamant and Timid HP Ice one (both Blue Pentagon) if either of those help.

As for the giveaway, again I apologize it was rushed, but it is completed now with Worlds ending. The Masters champion had Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre, Raichu, Hitmontop, Gengar, and Bronzong (so no "Big 6" or Smeargle!!!), so Lord Fighting got 1 right and The Original Wizard got 2. I'll give you each an additional 1 for participating, so let me know what you would like then!

Holy cow! my VGC Team had Rayquaza, Primal Kyogre and Gengar! Never thought of Riachu as being competitive, nor hitmontop for that matter, Bronzong i've seen used before.
Still that's half my team that Won the championships! xD
That made me want to enter more tournaments hahaha

So I've pm'd all of the members who haven't posted on this thread as of late and I'm a little...deterred that only one has responded about the tournament. So, I'm thinking that having this be guild only is not going to work. If I made the tournament public, like our last one, would you all be against it?

Ugh that's too bad, a lot of our members aren't active... we could open it to the public or the other guilds to have a mic guild tournament, not a war just a friendly tournament for all guilds.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
There was a thread for guild tournaments but its being deleted so....yeah. I'll give it until the end of this week til I decide what to do.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Hey sorry haven't been as active lately.

Regarding cartridge battles and good IV legendaries.

If guild members are unavailable for trading good IV legendaries I do know I got several near flawless legendaries over at smogon in a 100% free giveaway. They do it based on GTS so sometimes it gets snipe but I've gotten maybe 5 or 6 near flawless legendaries this way with good nature and everything.

I think the thread was called revenge of the IV"s or something unless he changed the name.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...ubers-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-ivs.3567141/

Ciuffo

*yawn* Sorry that I haven't been so active lately.

So, regarding the whole issue on legendaries and IVs. I think that, inevitably, people might fall into the problem of finding properly IVed legends that they might need. I,ve read through the thread regarding the tournament, and Personally, I think that if the tournament is to be cartridge only then it might be a good idea to not have a pentagon restriction

Also, I'm free for double battles and singles Ubers today. PM/VM me if interested

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
The Pentagon restriction would be eliminated since I wouldn't be able to check it anyway.

I know I said I'd give it til the end of the week but I dont' anticipate any sort of change. I think that I will make this tournament public to increase the number of participants.

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Sounds good, i finally got my new graphics tablet so i should be able to crack on with work, should only take a day or two, that leaves me a little time to train up some pokes but i should be fine, i only really need to train 2... once i get them that is hahaha
Ekz1505 is helping me out with that though. So i should be all good for the tournament

Oh and i wanted to christen the new tablet in a special way... so i made some pokemon banners haha, here's a few:

Genric%20Grass%20Gym_zpsrfljarhx.png

Generic%20Trainer%20banner%20pop%20out02_zpspjxd2jac.png

Genric%20Grass%20Gym%20mini%20banner_zpsdvowr0ed.png

And a couple badges:
Umbreon%20Badge_zpskoyiuja8.png
Volt%20Badge_zpsjqhodibd.png

I still need more practice with the new tablet though so please feel free to ask for anything from banners to badges, if i haven't tried it yet then i definitely will as i want to try all forms of forum art, for now let's say Clan only so i can get some Clan points ;P

Last edited:

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I do still intend to do it. I'm going to apply for a public thread for it today. If it goes up by today or tomorrow then it will start on September 3rd and go for a week, like our last one. I'm also going to talk to Frozen to see if we can incorporate points into the tournament, like if you win a battle you get x number of points, etc.

Veens

I want to participate in the VGC tournament. Just lettin' ya guys know.

Also:

ACTIVITY POST

EKZ1505

Signed up! Tournament looks great, thanks DT! I'm not sure if you wanted to include something in the rules about the format being that you can only bring 4 out of your 6 to every battle (in case they aren't familiar with the format), and to emphasize that even though non-pentagon legends are legal, that they must still be VGC16-legal (so no Eruption Heatran, Sheer Force Landorus, Defiant Tornadus/Thundurus, etc.). Unless we want to allow those anyway.

And one more thing... in order to hopefully encourage more casuals or smogon-players, what do we think about possibly banning Dark Void and/or Moody (yeah I'm looking at Smeargle lol)? It can still be used for support, but I know personally I would hate to see the tournament decided on a Smeargle getting an Evasion boost and spamming Follow Me or it getting a clutch Speed Boost. Thoughts?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Signed up! Tournament looks great, thanks DT! I'm not sure if you wanted to include something in the rules about the format being that you can only bring 4 out of your 6 to every battle (in case they aren't familiar with the format), and to emphasize that even though non-pentagon legends are legal, that they must still be VGC16-legal (so no Eruption Heatran, Sheer Force Landorus, Defiant Tornadus/Thundurus, etc.). Unless we want to allow those anyway.

And one more thing... in order to hopefully encourage more casuals or smogon-players, what do we think about possibly banning Dark Void and/or Moody (yeah I'm looking at Smeargle lol)? It can still be used for support, but I know personally I would hate to see the tournament decided on a Smeargle getting an Evasion boost and spamming Follow Me or it getting a clutch Speed Boost. Thoughts?

One question, is Smeargle the only pokemon that is a main concern? I suppose I can make an amendment to ban Dark Void (Smeargle is the only one who can use it if I remember right). And I'll make sure to fix the rule about the legends because that is a valid point.

Status
Not open for further replies.