• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends Untold

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm not too sure about the rule of not being able to change teams at all. And yet it's a best of 3.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I'm not too sure about the rule of not being able to change teams at all. And yet it's a best of 3.

That's the point. And how VGC tournaments operate. You use one team only.
It's helpful as you can often lose the first match. Yet still gain vital information on your opponents team and come out on top in the next battles.
It also shows off your team building skills. Creating a team versatile enough to handle many different situations.

I prefer BO3 tbh

EKZ1505

Agree with everything that Regi_Rocks said about Bo3.

And yeah unless some other players familiar with VGC feel differently about something else, I think Smeargle is really the main problem Pokemon since it can just make the game so reliant on luck (instead of skill) due to Dark Void and Moody. Not everyone has loved the uber legends, but a few top players actually quit this year's format since Pokemon wouldn't ban Smeargle with those two things.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I would ban Smeargle altogether but I do think that there are other movesets that people use besides the typical Dark Void. But, again, I'm not incredibly familiar with the format so I'd like to leave it to those who are. So, should I just ban Smeargle, or Dark Void and Moody?

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Your banners really are nice. You should consider making an art thread :3

Thanks! I just requested to open a thread.

Signed up! Tournament looks great, thanks DT! I'm not sure if you wanted to include something in the rules about the format being that you can only bring 4 out of your 6 to every battle (in case they aren't familiar with the format), and to emphasize that even though non-pentagon legends are legal, that they must still be VGC16-legal (so no Eruption Heatran, Sheer Force Landorus, Defiant Tornadus/Thundurus, etc.). Unless we want to allow those anyway.

And one more thing... in order to hopefully encourage more casuals or smogon-players, what do we think about possibly banning Dark Void and/or Moody (yeah I'm looking at Smeargle lol)? It can still be used for support, but I know personally I would hate to see the tournament decided on a Smeargle getting an Evasion boost and spamming Follow Me or it getting a clutch Speed Boost. Thoughts?

Agreed, or maybe depending on how many people take part we have divisions, like the VGC Juniors, Seniors and Masters division? A long shot depending on if we even have enough people to seperate.

I award you 20 RP for that artwork :)

Oooo~ Yay! thank you!

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
I would ban Smeargle altogether but I do think that there are other movesets that people use besides the typical Dark Void. But, again, I'm not incredibly familiar with the format so I'd like to leave it to those who are. So, should I just ban Smeargle, or Dark Void and Moody?

I for one only dislike Smeargle for Dark Void. Otherwise, I'm fine with both Moody and Smeargle. Sorry for being so inactive. :)
I'm debating whether or not I should participate, honestly.

EKZ1505

Smeargle itself is fine, and there are a lot of cool support move combos it can run. I only hesitate to not ban Moody due to the Evasion boosts with Follow Me. Anything else is fine, especially without DV.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
How about this. I won't ban Smeargle or Moody THIS TIME, but depending on how the tournament plays out (and if anyone even uses it) that will determine if we use it in future tournaments. We'll test the waters

EKZ1505

TEF has their team ready, so we'll be beginning our war with them very soon once the thread is posted. This is our lineup, please let me know now if you have to back out, or if you want to do PS instead of Wifi or vice versa.

NU: dragontamer (Wifi) FC: 5370-0586-3904
VGC15: The Original Wizard (PS) TheOriginalWizard
OU: EKZ1505 (Wifi) FC: 2680-9085-8247
OU: Lord Fighting (Wifi) FC:3497-1041-4758
OU: Professor dragonexpert (PS) King Arceus PB
alternate: Ynot FC: 3626-0056-0517

Last edited:

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
TEF has their team ready, so we'll be beginning our war with them very soon once the thread is posted. This is our lineup, please let me know now if you have to back out, or if you want to do PS instead of Wifi or vice versa.

NU: dragontamer (Wifi) FC: 5370-0586-3904
VGC15: The Original Wizard (Wifi) FC: 0834-3334-8468
OU: EKZ1505 (Wifi) FC: 2680-9085-8247
OU: Lord Fighting (Wifi) FC:3497-1041-4758
OU: Professor dragonexpert (PS)
alternate: Ynot

I would like to request for my battle to be PS, if my opponent refuses then i will battle Wifi, i am still missing a pokemon but i can replace it with another if need be.
I also need to know their time zone so i can gauge when i need to come on.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Good luck war team. Hope this one goes better than the last one, eh?

At long last, I'm finally available for some battles!
That experimental Triples Team still requires testing (Showdown only for now), if anyone is interested in seeing one of my... "signature style" gimmick team.

EKZ1505

I would like to request for my battle to be PS, if my opponent refuses then i will battle Wifi, i am still missing a pokemon but i can replace it with another if need be.
I also need to know their time zone so i can gauge when i need to come on.

What's your PS username? You can set up a time to battle with them once I know your opponent or when the thread is posted

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
What's your PS username? You can set up a time to battle with them once I know your opponent or when the thread is posted

Sure, my PS is "TheOriginalWizard" one word without quotes.
I am looking forward to this! I wonder who my opponent is... his backstory, his motives and his accomplishments... i hope he's good!

FrozenPhoenix96

LU's Guildmaster!
Look at the trees...
They lose their pretty leaves in the Winter.
But do they die? No.
They stand untill every single leaf grows in return.
But they don't die that easily, it's just a bad period.
We'll get much bigger and active eventually; when the time's right.
And 'till that moment arrives, we need to stand alive without giving up.
To get there where we want to be; at the top of those trees.

We may be a bit small compared to those other Clans/Guilds...
But we are alive, we don't die down when there's still some life in here!
We are active. The active ones keep this place alive.
At a certain point we'll bloom!
We will get bigger! We'll get stronger! We will survive!
We appreciate every member in here.
We stand together!!
We are one army!! One Clan! One Guild! We are one!

We!!... Are THE Legends Untold!!!​

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
Thank you FrozenDnite for that illuminating speech.

Just to let all clan members know, I have spoken with the other admins and we shall be organising battle activities, give aways, quizzes and a few other surprises for the next coming weeks!

If you have any ideas then PM any of the admins like NOW, so that they can be incorporated into the plans :)

Next week will mark the beginning!

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I look forward to the coming weeks in the guild :)

The Original Wizard

Magic *snort snort*
Look at the trees...
They lose their pretty leaves in the Winter.
But do they die? No.
They stand untill every single leaf grows in return.
But they don't die that easily, it's just a bad period.
We'll get much bigger and active eventually; when the time's right.
And 'till that moment arrives, we need to stand alive without giving up.
To get there where we want to be; at the top of those trees.

We may be a bit small compared to those other Clans/Guilds...
But we are alive, we don't die down when there's still some life in here!
We are active. The active ones keep this place alive.
At a certain point we'll bloom!
We will get bigger! We'll get stronger! We will survive!
We appreciate every member in here.
We stand together!!
We are one army!! One Clan! One Guild! We are one!

We!!... Are THE Legends Untold!!!​

I know all too well what it's like in the late year times, when people stop playing and move on for a while, where competitive play all but ceases until the new game comes out... I used to have a guild myself back in the day, it was originally owned by someone i cared deeply for but one day they... were gone, taken from me, taken from the guild and we were left leaderless... It didn't take long for the rival guilds to move in on our territory and take our people, before she left she made a contingency plan just in case anything happened and in that plan she left me the guild to run as the new leader.

When i realised this i contacted my guildmates -those who were still in the guild that is- and rallied them to start a new guild under the same banner, thus the new guild was born! But it didn't take long for drama to ensue and it was getting close to the late year empty forums, we moved from PE2K to Serebii but with that we ran into the SMOGON fan-boys who belittled us, hated us and reported us because we wanted to play with VGC rules like in the old days when SMOGON wasn't as popular.

When the late year emptiness came in full swing a lot of us lost our drive, our passion for the guild because of all the problems we had.

The moral of this story is That you should never simply give up because it's hard or annoying, i regret not following her last request well enough by giving up, so no matter how dark it gets or how quiet the forums become you should never simply throw in the towel!
Always fight! Carry on no matter what! Bring honor and victory simply by standing where others fled!

We are not just a guild or clan, we are The Legends Untold!!

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
After much deliberation, I have decided that I am resigning from the guild. There are a few great people here, but I don't feel that it's the time for me to be a part of a part of this guild.

~ Eevee

Status
Not open for further replies.