• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends Untold

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
that sounds really neat Prof, I hope you get the job!

Anyways even though I extended the deadline for the vgc tournament I can give you some insight on the next one I've got cooking. It will be a PS tournament as it would be difficult otherwise to assemble the pokemon you'd need for this one, and I can tell you that the name of it, however unoriginal it might be, is "Young Upstarts". 5 bucks for the person who guesses what kind of tourney it will be xD

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
You can if you want to :D

I'll announce full details once the vgc tournament is done. Buuuut....I'm still super antsy for the war to start, especially since I'm supposed to go first xD

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I'm working on an experimental DOUBLES team! Would anyone want to test it out on Showdown?
I'm also working on an experimental TRIPLES team, if anyone is interested in tackling that as well.

Last edited:

EKZ1505

War thread is posted! There is no order to who plays first, so anyone can get their battle in at any time in the next two weeks! Good luck to all, and again, if anyone wants to get some practice in before their battle, let me know!

FrozenPhoenix96

LU's Guildmaster!
War thread is posted! There is no order to who plays first, so anyone can get their battle in at any time in the next two weeks! Good luck to all, and again, if anyone wants to get some practice in before their battle, let me know!
Good luck in our war against TEF, warriors!
Also good luck to TEF, may this be a great war between two great guilds/clans!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Good luck to the war team, and hope it doesn't go like it did last time.

Would anyone like to have a practice NU battle (on Showdown)?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I won my war match. It was tougher than I expected. Its a good thing I had multiple teams made because the team I used in the first battle was at a severe disadvantage.

*Latios asks if it gets any Rank Points for this.*

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Ok everyone, our VGC tournament ended with no winners I'm afraid, but lets look forward! I present...The Young Upstarts Tournament!

dragontamer44722%20middle%20banner%20png_zpsugpzl6xk.png

For this tournament, you have to create a team made solely of pokemon that have not fully evolved. In order to make things interesting, certain non evolved pokemon will not be permitted. Those pokemon are Chansey, Doublade, Gligar, and Porygon 2. The reason they are being excluded is because they are in tiers above RU, and as such a bit overpowered. Pokémon that do not evolve at all, for example Absol, Shuckle, etc, can't be used. Pokémon in tiers RU and under can be used, including Little Cup pokemon should you decide to use them. Aaaaand finally, this is going to be a Smogon Singles tournament on PS. I'll be making the thread for this once the War is over.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Is Eviolite banned for your tournament?

Also, we only need one more victory in the war and we will be the winners.

Indeed. Thanks to my victory over Wego we are now 2-0 in the war.

Its up to EKZ1505 to bring it home :)

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Ooh. Not fully evolved tournament eh? Good thing one of my ideas for the Pick Your Own Theme tournament was the Eviolite all in. 5/6 team members planned out. Now I just need the 6th...

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I am debating banning eviolite, or at least limiting it to one per team. I'll decide when I make the thread.

And gee Lord, what am I? Chopped liver? I didn't battle yet either so I could win xD

EKZ1505

We just won our first war! Congrats guys!!! If any of our battlers have battle videos saved from their battles, feel free to share them with the rest of the clan!

(and I think RP should be awarded Prof dragonexpert!)

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I didn't save any replays from my matches. The first one I had used a sand based team and my opponent was using a rain team so it is pretty obvious why I lost that one. Since my opponent didn't change teams I had an advantage from the beginning of knowing some of their strategies and items.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
You don't want to see my replays, just ask Prof xD

So with the war over, I intend to put the new tournament up in about a week. That will push the start date into October. After this one I'll likely take a break with tournaments as I know several people who have tournament ideas of their own. Since this last one had no winners the prizes will probably be recycled from that one unless someone is willing to donate some, especially since my pickings are kinda slim, I swear I've offered everything I've got at least once xD

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I'm actually happy with the theme of the tournament. Back in generations 4 and 5 I belonged to a forum that specialized in NFE battles. We actually had even tiered everything. This tournament should be fun.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Yh it will be interesting to see what sets people come up with.

I'll upload my replays later :)

EKZ1505

Ah I was especially looking forward to seeing your comeback, Prof., but that's ok! I kinda remember him using a full rain-mode team against me a while back and it's scary if you don't have 1 or 2 good counters.

I'm focusing on VGC now but I'll probably give the tournament a try! I've got some good ideas to use from some old VGC teams (surprisingly they're legal here lol)!

Status
Not open for further replies.