• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legends Untold

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenPhoenix96

LU's Guildmaster!
Update:
I put the war against TEF into the War History. RP (Rank Points) are updated, including the matches of the war. Great job to our War Team again!

Important information:
To celebrate the fact we won this war I will officially put the Double RP status active upcoming weekend. Meaning everyone gets double the RP they earn in that weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)! If you earn 2 RP, you'll get 4 RP instead, as example. It starts on 23 September and ends after 25 September has come to its end. So everyone, battle a lot this weekend to get those bonus Rank Points rewards!!

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
So I'm bored xD If anyone wants to have some battles hit me up, I've got time :3

And I will be applying for a new tournament thread tomorrow, so once it is up I'll let you all know!

edit: I dunno if he'll use it for points or not but I got beat by LF 4-0. I didn't happen to save it but I'm just confirming :3

and regi beat me....twice.....god I suck xD

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Activity post! And in the spirit of being active in this guild, why not share a crazy team idea?

So I've been tinkering with some Double Battle ideas, and this one came up, which is partly similar to what I attempted to do in the VGC tournament:

Groudon (non Primal) and Lilligant.

Ordinarily, you look at this team and go: "what the hell", or at best, expect a Chlorophyl Sleep Powder or Solarbeam from Lilligant. But my idea is... what if Chlorophyl Lilligant used Entrainment on Groudon?

Chlorophyl Groudon! Thanks to Drought being a battlecry effect, the sun will still be up for a few more turns. And then Lilligant can start running support. Helping Hand for a free 50% buff to an attack, Sunny Day if the sun dies, Sleep Powder for testing your luck with 75 acc, etc.

Or, Chlorophyl Lilligant can use After You on Groudon (or Primal Groudon) for a more immediate destruction.

Obviously, this duo's gimmick requires more work/planning to be practical, but it's a start.

Anyone else have any crazy ideas they'd like to share?

EKZ1505

Activity post! And in the spirit of being active in this guild, why not share a crazy team idea?

So I've been tinkering with some Double Battle ideas, and this one came up, which is partly similar to what I attempted to do in the VGC tournament:

Groudon (non Primal) and Lilligant.

Ordinarily, you look at this team and go: "what the hell", or at best, expect a Chlorophyl Sleep Powder or Solarbeam from Lilligant. But my idea is... what if Chlorophyl Lilligant used Entrainment on Groudon?

Chlorophyl Groudon! Thanks to Drought being a battlecry effect, the sun will still be up for a few more turns. And then Lilligant can start running support. Helping Hand for a free 50% buff to an attack, Sunny Day if the sun dies, Sleep Powder for testing your luck with 75 acc, etc.

Or, Chlorophyl Lilligant can use After You on Groudon (or Primal Groudon) for a more immediate destruction.

Obviously, this duo's gimmick requires more work/planning to be practical, but it's a start.

Anyone else have any crazy ideas they'd like to share?

Is this for this year's VGC rules? Primal Kyogre and Rayquaza say hi :p very cool idea though, but I like the After You set better personally!

Hm I've got a couple for the next tournament that I obviously won't share yet, but the one is something I wanna try on a VGC15/BS Doubles team soon.

As I finish up training my Regionals team, I'm also working on VGC15 sand team based around Hippo and M-Aerodactyl. With the SpDef boost in the sand, Aerodactyl can actually take a hit or two, and it has a few other tricks as well!

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I don't consider the rules when coming up with a gimmick. More like, I think of a crazy gimmick first, THEN see where I can use it. And as always, each crazy idea requires additional considerating, beta testing, and contingency measures in order to become practical.

For a VGC set... I do have an idea for a rather strange duo that may work unbelievably well, or not at all (heh). So far, based on the VGC battles I've had, no one had the adequate countermeasures to this duo.

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
I'm sorry folks.

I herby resign my position as an admin in this clan.

Wishing it and everyone in it the best of luck for the future!

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I'm sorry folks.

I herby resign my position as an admin in this clan.

Wishing it and everyone in it the best of luck for the future!

Good luck in your future.

What is going to happen to the Science Division? Lexya quit the clan and the others haven't been on the forum at all for a month or longer. Do we just drop this division?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'm not sure, ultimately Frozen will have to figure out what to do. Honestly the entire site is slow but theres not much we can do about that.

Ascended Dialga

My old guild, the Ring of Fire, was closed down recently, as I'm sure many of you know. So I've decided to join this one; I see that a few cool people I've known here on Serebii are in it as well. :)

I'm willing to join Legends Untold!

Serebii Forums username: Ascended Dialga
3DS FriendCode: 5129-1887-3797
Pokémon Showdown username: None
Preferable division (Space And Time, Earth, Science or Distortion): Space and Time Take a guess why.
Something about myself (optional): I've been playing Pokémon ever since I was a little kid, my favorite region is Sinnoh (I can't wait for D/P remakes!), and to be honest I'm fairly new to the competitive meta. I hope joining a guild will help me improve.

By filling in this form, I agree that I understand both the rules of Serebii Forums and the Legends Untold Guild.

FrozenPhoenix96

LU's Guildmaster!
My old guild, the Ring of Fire, was closed down recently, as I'm sure many of you know. So I've decided to join this one; I see that a few cool people I've known here on Serebii are in it as well. :)

I'm willing to join Legends Untold!

Serebii Forums username: Ascended Dialga
3DS FriendCode: 5129-1887-3797
Pokémon Showdown username: None
Preferable division (Space And Time, Earth, Science or Distortion): Space and Time Take a guess why.
Something about myself (optional): I've been playing Pokémon ever since I was a little kid, my favorite region is Sinnoh (I can't wait for D/P remakes!), and to be honest I'm fairly new to the competitive meta. I hope joining a guild will help me improve.

By filling in this form, I agree that I understand both the rules of Serebii Forums and the Legends Untold Guild.

Accepted! Welcome to the guild!

Ascended Dialga

So last night, I was doing Triples in the ORAS Battle Maison. I made it all the way to battle #35, and then every single thing that could possibly go wrong happened. I'm still super-peeved about it. Here's the code for the battle video : QSHW-WWWW-WW4U-PYB8.

Basically, my strategy for this team was to have Weavile and Kecleon Fake Out the two opponents which I felt would pose the biggest threat to Gardevoir, and then Gardevoir would be able to Mega Evolve and set up with Calm Mind in peace. Afterwards, Gardevoir would hammer away with Hyper Voice, of course. And this strategy treated me very well for 34 consecutive battles...and then this happened.

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I gave up on doing the battle maison because of stuff like that. I'd have a good strategy and it would be blown to bits by one pokemon with a moveset that it normally wouldn't have JUST so it could tear me apart.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
The Battle Maison, or rather, the Battle Tower in the old days, have gotten me such... hax experience. I once used Double Team 6 times in a row and got hit every single turn while doing so. And of course, the opponent uses Double Team once and I never landed a hit afterwards. And of course the time I missed FLAMETHROWER and got hit by a crit Thunder. And people wonder why I still use Aerial Ace on certain Pokemon. Or why I hate using moves with accuracy less than 100.

I find that the best plan in Battle Maison is to... basically use a strategy that IGNORES what the opponent will do. And always assume the worst. I guess it's pretty hard to explain the actual concept without sounding too reckless. But in terms of Triple Battles, I know what I'm doing. I used a team that follows this concept and in the first try, reached 200 consecutive wins with it.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
For triples at the battle maison I used a rain team to clear it. I didn't have any problems until the game actually plotted against me. It used all Pokemon with high special defense such as Snorlax and I just couldn't break it. I've also experienced that they build stupid sets that would never work in competitive play just because it beats what you have. Example being a Registeel with Max Speed and Speed Up nature so it could outpace my Charizard Y after doing the speed boosting move. Said Registeel also had King's Rock because its Thunderpunch made my Charizard flinch.

The longer a battle goes, the less chance you have of winning in the maison.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
The battle maison is easy. Do singles and bring Durant, Blaziken, fast ghost/dark mon and its basically a guarenteed victory each time.

Use entrainment with durant to give opponent truant, switch to blaziken on their unsuable turn, protect when they attack, swords dance set up when they are loafing about, protect when they attack again, keep setting up until at max then rinse and repeat each round as you will be sweeping with blaziken. You need something fast and hard hitting to deal with the likes of chandelure for your 3rd mon though so be careful of those.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Yeah, using builds that utilize the fact that the AI doesn't know how to react always works in Singles... until they pull out Quick Claw Horn Drill or something.

By the way, would anyone like to have a Double/Triple battle on Showdown?

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
I'm kinda laying off on building teams for a while, only because the meta is going to change in two months. Tournaments excluded of course.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I made the Ubers leaderboard again. That makes it so the past three generations I've made leaderboard. Gen 4 was my best though because my peak was #4 on the ladder.

Edit: Also made leaderboard in Anything Goes. 35-4 1627 Elo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.