• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Legit/Hacked/Cloned

Status
Not open for further replies.

tito

Hi there.

I have been playing pokemon since Yellow, so I know a thing or two. However, this is my first pokemon forum so there is a few things I'm unfamiliar with. I'm pretty sure I know what a legit, hacked, or cloned pokemon is. I'm just wondering if there is a major difference between the three? I am trying to fill my National Dex, will accepting a hacked/cloned pokemon in a trade, just to get the data, will it harm my game or anything. If some one could give me a brief run down of the differences between legit, hacked, and cloned pokemon that would be awesome.

Thanks for your time.

(I apologies if I posted this in the wrong section)

starscream88

Sackboy trainer
I don't think a hacked/cloned pokemon u get in a trade can harm your game.
If it was dangerous then how could someone trade it to you, wouldn't their game be broken.

Lucos

What I don't understand is why people make such a fuzz out of hacked/cloned pokémon.

Sure, I can understand that you feel a little cheated if someone trades a Mewtwo with you and you find out that the pokémon was caught on lvl50 (which is, as far as I know, impossible since the original Mewtwo only appears at lvl70).

So yeah, maybe hacked pokémon are a little bit lame, but what about cloned pokémon? As far as I know you can't even tell the difference between a cloned pokémon and the original pokémon where it's cloned from.

Many people on this forum say they don't accept cloned pokémon in trades, but will they ever find out it is cloned if I would offer them a cloned pokémon without telling them it's cloned? I mean how could they ever find out it's a clone?

klubkj

What I don't understand is why people make such a fuzz out of hacked/cloned pokémon.

Sure, I can understand that you feel a little cheated if someone trades a Mewtwo with you and you find out that the pokémon was caught on lvl50 (which is, as far as I know, impossible since the original Mewtwo only appears at lvl70).

So yeah, maybe hacked pokémon are a little bit lame, but what about cloned pokémon? As far as I know you can't even tell the difference between a cloned pokémon and the original pokémon where it's cloned from.

Many people on this forum say they don't accept cloned pokémon in trades, but will they ever find out it is cloned if I would offer them a cloned pokémon without telling them it's cloned? I mean how could they ever find out it's a clone?

thats my point why they give a ****? but wats the difference with hacked and legit if there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.