• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Les Misérables - Shoujo Cosette

Wikipedia Article

As you may have thought, it's an anime based on Victor Hugo's Les Misérables. It premiered fairly recently and it focuses on Cosette. I'm barely reading Les Misérables and it seems interesting, hopefully the anime will be too but the character designs look bleh at this point from what I've seen from screenshots.

I seem to enjoy anime based off of old European literature, so I'll probably give it a try.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Well I pray that it's enjoyable, if they kill an anime based off a good book it'll upset people 10x^ It better not be one of those animes just for girls. >>

[IMG139]http://i15.*******.com/2qvdxt2.jpg[/IMG139]
Anime Cosette looks ok, the animation from what I heard is fairly decent.

Last edited:

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
The art style seems familier. I don't know where I saw it.

Anyway, I've heard alot about Les Misérables, so I'll probably be checking this anime out soon.

I was reading this in the Newtype magazine. I'm interested in it as I have like that book and even the broadway show. Along with Romeo X Juliet, I'll give this one also a try.

I know P_B should definetly look into this.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
There's already 4 episodes out, I'm trying to get a hold of the first episode. o.o At this point it seems like an unknown anime. The designs look an awful lot like Ojamajo Doremi doesn't it?

Last edited:
eh not really from what i saw in the Newtype mag

Umi Mizuno said:
The designs look an awful lot like Ojamajo Doremi doesn't it?
I was thinking PPGZ, but she does look like Momoko somewhat(the Ojamajo, not the pink Powerpuff Z girl)...The eyes look like a mix between Aiko and Hana-chan.^^;

As for the animé itself, I've only listened to the stage show's songs via school concert. But I've heard good things about the book so I might pick it up sometime. ...If I remember to that is.:p

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
I was thinking PPGZ, but she does look like Momoko somewhat(the Ojamajo, not the pink Powerpuff Z girl)...The eyes look like a mix between Aiko and Hana-chan.^^;
Cossette does look an awful lot like Momoko (PPGZ) and Miyako + Aiko's eyes except a little bit bigger.

Now that I've seen the fourth episode, everything is going by the book at this point.

Hyourinmaru

Moose with the Pen
*nods* It does look like a strange combination of Ojamajo Doremi and PPGZ.
And Umi, since you've seen the episodes so far, can you post what the series is like so far for the poor people who don't have the book yet?

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
I think my friend brought this over. And... I fell asleep. XD It's not bad I just missed the end of the first episode. Slept right through most of GetBackers too.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army

HK

Radiance of Shadows
There's no fansubs of this show yet, surprisingly. I mean, the art screams moe, so why the hell aren't fansubbers picking this one up? Not enough sad girls in the snow?

I might give this one a try out of curiosity. The winter anime season so far as been... well, outside of Nodame Cantabile and the upcoming GR -Giant Robo- I'm not really interested in anything until March/April, save for Moonlight Mile which will have a lone episode premiere in February (I'm hoping for something along the lines of Planetes with this one).

I may check this anime out once it comes to America.

And if it doesn't?

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
There's no fansubs of this show yet, surprisingly. I mean, the art screams moe, so why the hell aren't fansubbers picking this one up? Not enough sad girls in the snow?
Indeed. From the looks of it, not much people watch this anime even though there are about 4 episodes out and the OP and ED CDs have been out.

I've found very little sites that actually talk about this anime besides the usual AnimeSuki and such. Right now the anime is up to the part where Cossette finds out her mother wrote a letter to her but right now all she could read was her name. Cosette developed a lot in just 3 episodes. (not counting the first obviously)
t4-m4-g0n said:
I may check this anime out once it comes to America.
o_O Are you serious? Many people don't really know about this anime, and there's barely 4 eps out, it's not coming to the US for a looooooooooooong time.

ooooo despite the moe look on the kids, the nun sure look great indesign. In fact she resemble more of the older traditional anime drawing style than the now new moe/loli look girl tends to have nowadays. She look like the nun in Dogs of Flanders(love that movie)

I might look into this despite the kids having moe look.