• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Less Is Morrison (395)

JazzJazz

Shining Espeon said:
If you're still having doubts about Masamune's gender:

[IMG135]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/houen/395/AG159.jpg[/IMG135]

Evidence enough?

Plenty of evidence, even if Masamune was a female in the same hot spring as Ash and Brock we'd see her (er... him) wearing a top of some sort.

E

Ethereal

Yamato-san said:
Jynxie, I think the fact that Masamune was in the same bathroom as Satoshi was evidence enough that it is indeed a male, or at least good enough without getting into certain issues a children's show would stray away from.

Look, my brain has a few un-oiled gears today, if you know what I mean. -_-;;

Anyways, gosh, that was one ugly man. That still looks like a woman to me, but the evidence says otherwise, but damn....that's just wrong...*shudder*

Heracross

Custom User Title
Well this episode was sure a hell of a lot better than the preview made it look. It was pretty nice to see Satoshi in a feirce rivalry again. We haven't had that sort of thing for a while. Now I'm really hoping Masamune will be in the Hoen league, it would be a real let-down for the writers to bring in such a great character and not do anything further with him.

Wow, I really agree with the guy/girl above that he looked like an uglier version of Misty. Same hair color and same hair style... with a horrible face.

But he's funny so I hope he appears again with a Metang next time.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I personally have liked the BGM's used lately in the less serious episodes. Like the happy sounding Mini-Movie 4 Music.

Although hearing the Action Music from Jirachi when Ash and Masa jump on the blimp was cool. And Rival made me get all giddy when I heard it play!

F

Factory Head Noland

I watched this episode last night but I was too tired to post what I though, lol.

This episode was SO great! It has a lot of pre-Hoenn humor in which I miss so much such as Ash's rivalry, Munchlax's appetite and other things. Lol, I can't stop laughing about the giant riceball and Masamune's face!

I really really really liked the battle with Team Rocket aswell, and....Advanced Adventure was there!! Wooooohooooo!! (I LOVE that tune by the way). And we got to see Pikachu use Iron Tail...ahhhhhh..........

Beldum had a really cool voice and I was right about it's intro, an intro kind of like Bagon's (a battle with Pikachu).

Rex Kamex

Sushi said:
EDIT: Forgotten one more thing I really liked about that ep... "Rival!" could be heard as BGM, I love that song^^

Yeah, it was intresting how they used "Rival" when Ash was racing a rival.

And I'm not saying that Masamune is charming or anything like that, but we need more people like him on the show. That dude's funny!

Also, Team Rocket's rock-paper-scissors game was funny since all four of them kept using the same thing. I am so glad that [SPOIL]we haven't heard the last of this Masamune guy.[/SPOIL]

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
I gotta admit, this episode was a lot better then I thought it was gonna be. Granted I wish Masamune would've been more of a competitive rival like Gary used to be in Kanto, instead of a friendly one. The fight between Pikachu and Beldum was great too. It struck me a bit odd how this guy has hair very similar to that of Misty's though. o_O;;;

Most likely when we see this guy in the Houen League his Beldum will have evolved to Metang. I'll be looking forward to Ash's battle with him.

What do you think about the rice cake scene? Do you think 4kids will cut the scene out or just edit the rice cake into a giant donut or sandwich?

V Faction

www.faction.com
Onigiri. Or rice ball. Or Japanese rice snack.

Rice cakes or those Quakers Oats things like taste like air.

As for an edit or not, it remains to be seen. It certainly wouldn't be hard to edit it or dub it either way.

MaskedManAbsolkid

The rice ball was edited into one of them american sandwiches. I think something else was edited too, but I can't remember.

There was also some original music too (where Ash and Masamune are running down the hill, different music plays, but the original music is used later on)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Looks like the cracker was an edit.

What is up with these interesting TC's? It's almost as if they're trying to avoid another Seviper incident.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
I thought this episode was fairly good. Beldum was awesome. Morrison sounded a little tougher than I thought he would. Meowth's boss fantasy was creepy and weird. I thought it was interesting when Ash and Morrison battled TR's pokemon by themselves! The only thing I found obnoxious about this episode was Ash and Morrison's constant competitive attitudes.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Haha, Morrison is a hilarious and very welcome rival. I love how Ash/Morrison competed about almost everything; walking to the Pokemon Center first, sleeping in the tree, staying in the hot springs, arm wrestling, knocking down the cage, great stuff.

Heh, looks like the May/Drew fans were taken down a couple of notches with this episode. You know if May/Drew did what Ash/Morrison did it would be interpeted as flirting, nice to see the writers say that gender doesn't matter, they're still rivals.

I liked the Pikachu Vs. Beldum fight, it took us long enough to see Beldum in the anime.

James', "Twerps gone wild!" line was amusing.

May's Pink surprise? And I thought May's Purple surprise was innuendo enough...

PDL

disenchanted
well, it looks like food just isn't safe... either it's eaten by Munchlax, or is paint edited by 4kids to become something more american... and then eaten by Munchlax...

and 4kids have a very loose grasp on physics... sandwiches are apparently able to roll...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
To be fair though, it was a decent edit. If I didn't know better, I would have never known they edited away a rice cake and replaced it with a sandwich.

Hehe, Twerps Gone Wild had me laughing for a while XD

Yeah, I'm noticing the quirky TCs too. You'd think they've run out of Pokémon to do evolution chains with >_>;;

Morrison's voice was actually pretty good, surprisingly. His words were rather slurred at times, though.

Beldum's voice was also great, it fit Beldum perfectly. Also glad to see a remark on how Beldum can only use Take Down.

Humans battling will always get a thumbs up from me.

I rather liked Morrison's speech about sleeping in a tree. It was a cool idea for a cool character.

The competition between Morrison and Ash was great, far better than anything Gary and Ash did. Because it was actually funny this time 'round -_-

The battle with Beldum and Pikachu fighting Seviper and Cacnea was marvelous, IMO. It seemed very fluid, and the way they worked together was nice to watch.

I lol'd at James using big words and Meowth not understanding :D

Meowth's Boss Fantasy for Beldum was rather strange, at least with the acupuncture part.

As a name, Morrison is OK, even though I got the vibe that they only named him that to make a Title =/

Overall rating:
9.2 out of 10
Not quite as good as Berry, Berry Interesting, but still a worthwhile episode introducing an awesome character. If nothing else, I'll be looking forward to the League just to see Morrison once more =D

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

PDL

disenchanted
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I rather liked Morrison's speech about sleeping in a tree. It was a cool idea for a cool character.

I thought the two snuggling oddishes were adorable...

It was weird, Morrison was dressed up like a caveman and he went wild because why, a sandwhich...I love all Pokemon episodes this one was just a bit weird, but still I loved it. And why did they change the sushi(i dunno what it was) to a sandwich same thing with the cracker I saw that mentioned above.

Last edited: