• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Yes, they should know by now that NOTHING will stop, hurt, or kill Ash. Nothing. Neither sustaining a back injury, nor being Flamethrowered, electricuted, or frozen, nor falling form great heights, nor being turned to stone, nor anything else will do him harm. He...is...IMMORTAL!

(not really(all the characters are like that), but I just had to do that :D)

-Protecting Snorunt...by taking an impact on his back. Smart, if your goal is to be paralyzed.
-"acceptable behavior." Hehe. The wording of that makes it sound much funnier than it most likely actually is.
-Returning one badge in response to Ash demanding his badges back. Nice.
-"borrows" things from visitors? Suuure, Joy. It just "borrows" them...
-Snorunt "delivering" Ash's hat to his friends so that they know he's OK...shouldn't that make them worry MORE?(1:He's out in the cold with nothing covering his head(unless his jacket has a hood...) 2:How would they know that Ash was with his hat when Snorunt took it? For all they knew, it could have found his hat in the middle of nowhere with Ash nowhere to be seen) Or am I missing something?

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Yea..finaly...a funny type...which totally intrests me...YES

spacefissure

Deoxys rulez all!
You mean he's half disobediant and half angry a lot of the time?

snorunt!!!!!!!!

this ep loks so cool and i know it was just aired but here are 2 dub title ideas

-the snorunt in the family!- (pun on the words the runt in the family)

-let it snorunt- (pun on the words let it snow)

D

DragoKnight

Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.

S

sCiZoR

The battle between Snorout VS Pikachu went like this:

Snorout backed off from the group and started doing a Muhammad Ali-type boxing stance, signaling to Ash that it wanted to battle. Ash, of course, decided to use Pikachu, calling it to use Iron Tail against Snorout. Being the tricky ice-type it is, Snorout does into a Double Team to evade being hit, putting Pikachu into distress. That's made even worse when Snorout starts running in and out of the Double Team DURING the attack to try and hit Pikachu. Ash gets an idea and has Pikachu use Iron Tail to douse snow all over the Double Teaming Snorout, making the faux copies disappear. Pikachu's coat shines as it flies in for a Quick Attack, knocking Snorout to the ground (and the Badge Case from its body). Ash throws a Monster Ball to try and catch it and the rest is history.

Yo, this episode was a lot better than what I had hoped it to be. The ending scene where Ash introduced Snorout to all the other Pokemon in their group was a nice touch. Real funny how when Corphish tried to make friends and Snorout froze it with Icy Wind. Personally, I think Snorout is a fast Pokemon. I mean if a Pokemon can still attack while in the middle of using a Double Team attack, you have to admit that that's one fast creature. I'm glad it's going to make an appearance in the next episode, too. I want to see it use some other cool attacks.

N

Nameless

Ouch poor Corpfish, gets frozen, then gets fried by Combuskten.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
acceptable behavior LOL
hopefully we wont have a similar episode as the sableye one with Ash teaching corphish a lesson. I hope he tries a different way at least.
team rocket coming out of hiding scene with TR trying to figure out how he knew they were was funny
frozen wobbufet looks interesting and once again poor corphish gets the short end of the stick
Merry Christmahannukwanzakuh!

Space Skitty

Hoenn Champion
Thanks, Murgatroyd! This episode sounds good! Snorunt sounds like it'll be an interesting addition to Ash's team. Poor Corphish is getting mocked again! The pictures were also nice. All that snow! I wish it'd snow here... This was a good episode for Christmas.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Few Questions

1. What does Snorunt soud like? Does it have a annoying high-pitch laugh?

2. Did the Intro change at all, like is Snorunt seen at the beginnign when all of Ash's Pokemon Attack. (If it doesn't, maybe they will change it next episode. Because it would sort of spoil the episode if we saw he got Snorunt.)

3. So what seems to be Snorunt's main attack? Is it icy Wind?

JazzJazz

pokemonmaster14 said:
Ash captured Snorunt. If you look at the episode pictures it shows Pikachu in a battle with it. Snorunt didn't just hop in a Pokeball like Charmander did.

I understand that now, Serebii said in another thread that it "joined" the group through friendship... perhaps I misinterpretted the information, oh well... it's clear now.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Cyndaquil said:
I thought It'd be Blizzard, coz Icy Wind doesn't freeze :/
Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.

JazzJazz

Gravy said:
Would make sense that an Ice attack of any type could have the ability to freeze something over if you ask me~ It doesn't have to follow the game exactly.

Very true, the anime often adds little tweaks and effects to moves that aren't found in the games.

JazzJazz

Geodude said:
And it certainly wasn't Blizzard, since it looks nothing like when Skitty does it.

Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?

C

ChronoAzn

Great episode, I thought it was funny when Snorunt came out of the Pokeball and was doing a Russian dance.

Geodude

JazzJazz said:
Hasn't the anime represented the same move in different ways before?
Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".

We'll need Murg or Edward Elric or someone to confirm this.

Space Skitty said:
This was a good episode for Christmas.
Just FYI, for those of you who celebrate Christmas...Meowth and Chimecho wore Santa hats in the motto, and Meowth rode in a sleigh.

Last edited: