• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Snorunt seems a bit sneaky, I'm not actually a big fan of any of Ash's Hoenn Pokémon as of yet. I'll reconsider that statement though with Snorunt, it has a funny smile, reminds me a bit like Mutley out of Wacky Races lol. Should be good to watch.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Geodude said:
Not this drastically, unless a twist was intentionally put on the attack, such as Charizard's "aerial Submission attack".
Dragon Rage has seen two drastic variations(from a ball of flame to a ball of glowing yellow energy with some sparks coming out of it). Ember has been shown as flames that surround the opponent then come in on it(unless they mis-identified that attack in the Koga ep. in Kanto...), Charmander waving its tail so that the embers from its flame hit the foe, and as small ovals of red energy. Those are the two main examples that come to mind...

JazzJazz

Hasn't hyper beam been shown as both orange and blue beams of light before as well?

I just saw the episode and I especailly liked the part when Snorunt was being introduced to everyone; Grovyle standing expressionless, Torkoal crying...

Also, what did May say to Team Rocket while they were in their balloon, that made them suddenly depressed? I wanna know.

Chris

Old Coot
Wow. This wasn't a bad episode at all. Not only did Satoshi befriend Yukiwarashi, but it even wanted a battle before being captured. Anyone notice they're now begining to use them computers to animate attacks and such now? Sabonea and Yukiwarashi had a white glow and small sparkle the moment they came out of their Monster Balls like you'd see in the more recent games, Sonansu's Counter was COMPLETELY redone (unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use) to show it have a glassy effect instead of glowing red, and Sabonea's Pin Missile next episode fires off like homing missiles. XD I found it odd that they started using a different style for Bubblebeam earlier. Seems they're redoing more and more attacks and making the anime alot more stylish.

I'll post up Eyecatcher pics in a moment and I'll post Yukiwarashi's voice in my voice thread.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Thanks for the correction before, "Ed", and...

Edward Elric said:
(unless that was Mirror Coat, Musashi didn't specify what attack to use)
From your descriptions, I'm leaning towards Mirror Coat. That makes a lot more sense, especially if there was a glassy effect.

F

Factory Head Noland

I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

[SPOIL]PM me if you want the website.[/SPOIL]

Chris

Old Coot
Pokemonisgr8 said:
I'm just about to see this episodes (32% as I speak). I've seen the screenshots and it looks like a really great episode and many people are saying it's good so I can't wait!

[SPOIL]PM me if you want the website.[/SPOIL]
If you're referring to a website with screens, that's fine and dandy. But if you're talking about a site with links to download episodes, you're gonna have to stop right there. >_>

Here are the screens for the eyecatchers from this week's episode:

[IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher.jpg[/IMG135] [IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher2.jpg[/IMG135]
[IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher3.jpg[/IMG135] [IMG135]http://myuu.munkki.net/images/eyecatcher4.jpg[/IMG135]

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
About Snorunt's attack:

It was most definately Icy Wind (or perhaps Powder Snow, I forget if Snorunt learns that), and consisted of various-sized blasts of sparkling icy energy. Unlike the Ice Beam or Blizzard attacks it didn't do much to damage the opponent, whoever was hit with it was just briefly covered in ice before shaking it off (except Corphish). In the games Icy Wind just slows the opponent down and does minor damage, and it seemed to be the same here (though it didn't look like the Icy Wind used by an Azumarill in Johto).

Even the way it froze things was different from Ice Beam and Blizzard. Instead of encasing the foe in large block of ice, it basically coated them with a snow-cone like covering that simply immobilized them for a time.

I like Snorunt's personality and can't wait to see what will happen next with it. It's a rather unique creature, most similar to Corphish but without the temper and with a more mischevous than giddy personality. It also seems to have a set of attacks quite different from any Pokemon Ash has had before, and I'm curious how Ash will use it in battle beyond the Double Team/Headbutt combo it used on Pikachu. It's a little strange, all this time Ash has never had a Pokemon with the common attack Double Team but now he has two! *imagines a double battle with Snorunt and Swellow as they fill the field with mirror images*

Was I the only one touched by little Snorunt not wanting to give all of Ash's badges back because it didn't want Ash to leave? *sniffs* That would have made the episode but Snorunt than wanting Ash to prove his worthiness beyond any doubt by defeating it made it even better. I am not against no-battle captures as they capture the essense of Pokemon (befriending and building bonds with the creatures as you train), but well-done battle-captures (where the Pokemona nd trainer mutually decide to battle with capture on the line) are even better. Who would have thought the writers could do so much with a Pokemon that seems so limited and plain as a character due to its body design?

Just checked, it seems Snorunt learns both Icy Wind AND Powder Snow. But I still think it was most likely Icy Wind. The level-up moves are in order: Powder Snow, Leer, Double Team, Bite, Icy Wind, Headbutt, Protect, Crunch, Ice Beam, Hail, Blizzard. For Egg moves all it gets is Spikes and Block, but the TM moves are nicely varied, including things like Safeguard, Water Pulse and Shadow Ball, so there is quite a bit the writers could have Ash's Snorunt do.

Chris

Old Coot
It was indeed Icy Wind. Masato's pointed out that it used Kogoeru Kaze, which is Icy Wind. Plus it makes more sense since the attack was icy, rather than snowy and would have covered Satoshi and the Rocket Gang in snow rather than ice had it been using Powder Snow.

F

Factory Head Noland

I knew it! I said that it was Icy Wind from last weeks preview and many people didn't believe me...look who's laughing now!! Ha-ha-ha (j/k lol).
I just rushed through this episode to see if there is the Advanced Adventure tune in and guess what...? IT IS!! It makes the episode a legend! I'm gonna watch it in full later on.

Heracross

Custom User Title
This was a really good episode. Yukiwarashi was quite an interesting and mischevious little pokémon. Heigani was also really funny in this episode, especially at the end when May's Combusken tried to thaw him out of the ice and ended up knocking him out.XD I really can't find anything bad to say about this one, it was great.

Ninetalesuk

Cascade Trainer
Heracross said:
This was a really good episode. Yukiwarashi was quite an interesting and mischevious little pokémon. Heigani was also really funny in this episode, especially at the end when May's Combusken tried to thaw him out of the ice and ended up knocking him out.XD I really can't find anything bad to say about this one, it was great.

I wonder what Snorunt's dub voice is gonna be like...

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
Ninetalesuk said:
I wonder what Snorunt's dub voice is gonna be like...

Probably end up sounding like a cat or something. "Hey Snorunt gimme back my badge's!" "Meeeoooow".

The thing about Ash now is he's beginning to have Pokémon with a bit of personality, with the likes of Treecko, Corphish and now Snorunt in his squad, which has to be said is a bit different from any other region he's been invovled in. Snorunt looks the best of the bunch though.

Ninetalesuk

Cascade Trainer
Sharpshooter007 said:
Probably end up sounding like a cat or something. "Hey Snorunt gimme back my badge's!" "Meeeoooow".

The thing about Ash now is he's beginning to have Pokémon with a bit of personality, with the likes of Treecko, Corphish and now Snorunt in his squad, which has to be said is a bit different from any other region he's been invovled in. Snorunt looks the best of the bunch though.

Yep... Ash's second Ice Pokemon, even though Lapras was part Water and part Ice...

The only elements Ash hasn't caught are Dark, Psychic, Dragon, Steel and Rock (Larvitar doesn't count as Ash didn't actually CAUGHT, he was just babysitting it). Considering his way of training, I'm sure he'll catch every Pokemon in about 2 or 3 hundred years or so... Give or take.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Ninetalesuk said:
Considering his way of training, I'm sure he'll catch every Pokemon in about 2 or 3 hundred years or so... Give or take.
Though you do realize he doesn't want to capture every species of Pokemon right? He doesn't even want as many as Gary. His style has become "quality over quantity" as he puts it, not as though it would be possible for anyone in the anime to really "catch'em all."

S

sCiZoR

Edward Elric said:
Anyone notice they're now begining to use them computers to animate attacks and such now?

These changes started back when they added the 8th intro into the anime, when Corphish used a multi-colored Bubblebeam.

Also, listen real carefully next time anyone throws a Pokeball. It makes a cool-sounding noise while its spinning, right before the Pokemon beams out. I thought that was an interesting addition. Wonder why all these little innovations are being added.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
sCiZoR said:
Also, listen real carefully next time anyone throws a Pokeball. It makes a cool-sounding noise while its spinning, right before the Pokemon beams out. I thought that was an interesting addition.
Oh, they're still using that sound effect are they? I'm a little surprised at that actually. Considering it was introduced during the recent Mawile episode in which quite a few odd sound effects where used, I'd just assumed it was going to be exclusive to that episode only.
*shrugs* Still, it is nice that they've decided on keeping it~

For the record, I hope they do continue this trend of changing the appearence of attacks. Personally I find many of them have just looked too similar or just plain crappy >.>;

Geodude

Ninetalesuk said:
The only elements Ash hasn't caught are Dark, Psychic, Dragon, Steel and Rock (Larvitar doesn't count as Ash didn't actually CAUGHT, he was just babysitting it).

And Noctowl, even though it's not a Psychic-type, will probably serve in that capacity for a while since it does specialize in Psychic-type moves. So Ash does have a Psychic type, sort of.