• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snorunt! (385)

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Shining Suikun said:
That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show.
Eh, it was funny because it was so random and unexpected. Especially when Veronica Taylor slipped over the last part. XD

And anyone else notice when the Kids WB site said before this aired? "Catch Snorunt this Saturday on Pokemon AdvancedBattle!" or something. I guess they wanted to keep the tradition of spoiling the capture, eh?

Edward Elric said:

I'll post up Eyecatcher pics in a moment and I'll post Yukiwarashi's voice in my voice thread.

One question Ed...where is your voice thread?

Anyway I found this episode quite enjoyable...but...I HATE Yukiwarashi's voice...it just seemed really annoying to me...I need to get that voice thread so I can compare.

V Faction said:
Huh? How is this a fault of 4Kids?

Eh, perhaps I misspoke. I meant that they could've called it Powder Snow for the sake of matching the description of the attack in question. But it doesn't matter now anyway, the episode's aired.

As I'm sure most people will have pointed out before me due to my slow typing of this post, Joy has a new voice and has had one for quite some time. It's not a perfect replica but it is all we have and I'd say she does a fine job.

Yeah, I know she has a new voice, I just never really noticed until today 0_0 Perhaps it's not the voice, but the tone.....Meh, I dunno.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Eh, perhaps I misspoke. I meant that they could've called it Powder Snow for the sake of matching the description of the attack in question. But it doesn't matter now anyway, the episode's aired.
Yes, 4Kids's changes should be encouraged. >.> They're supposed to be keeping it as close to the original. I see what you mean, but it's wise of 4Kids not to change things like that. That and the fact that they honestly don't even care probably.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Cool episode, although it's pretty obvious the sole reason Ash and the group came into randomly snowy territory was to meet Snorunt.

Looks like they got Veronica Taylor REALLY voice acting with today's title read. They probably wanted to make sure the reference to the song was obvious.

Snorunt was a refreshing character-playful-I guess. But I'd appreciate Ash actually catching a Pokemon because it seemed useful. >_> I mean, how about catching a tough Pokemon in the beginning of the episode, then bonding with it for the rest of the episode?

Even though Joy's voice is obviously different, I've already grown used to it (I know this because I don't think twice when I hear her voice, unlike poor James' wrecked voice).

TC was pretty good. Confuse and confound with Pikachu-related Pokemon.

Meowth didn't have a fantasy today. :/ I personally find that unsatisfying (that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I do enjoy Meowth's fantasies).

Dark Cacturne

The Road To Victory!
It seems to be a great episode: specially when ash's pokémon are chasing snorunt...That's the funny part.
And snorunt keep smiling!!!

Crystal Clair

That title reading...was the most cringe-worthy moment in the history of the show
Am I the only one who doesn't think Ash sings that bad? Or maybe I'm used to it cuz I like to sing a lot like Ash.
May's attitude was pretty pmsy, then again I'm beginning to hate her again so basically it's another excuse to pack my bags and head out of the May fanbase. (or at least warm up the car)
I really like it when they dress full with the jackets. It's so cute and charming! I hope the next region will be cold enough for Ash to start wearing full sleeves. 8D
That'd be my dream come true, other than having Misty return. [SPOIL]Cuz I have a clothed fetish. Now you know why I like hiker Clair so much. ^_~[/SPOIL]
[SPOIL]disclaimer: I dont hate May enough yet to quit all her clubs, it may just be temporary (or just her annoying fanbase getting to me)[/SPOIL]

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
You are not alone-I think Ash's singing was great too

Pikachu Fan Number Nine said:
You are not alone-I think Ash's singing was great too

Yeah. Satoshi's singing wasn't ALL bad...I just wasn't expecting it.

J

Joe_Pokemon20000

Forget this. My new "Let it Snow" song is Permanent until I'm banned. Let it snow, let it snow, let it sno-runt----- LET IT SNO-RUNT LET-IT-SNOR-RUNT! Let the Snorunts begin! All made courtesy of Satoshi. Rating of this stupid episode: 29. Who's idea of this title was it?

G

Geki

It was 4Kids idea for the title since they make all their dub titles.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I finally watched my tape of this episode. Too bad that my local station changed times on me without warning and I missed the absol episode the other week. :( Here's hoping for reruns or DVDs.

Anyway, I liked this episode. I didn't like snorunt at first, but he grew on me as the episode wore on (including the voice). Chimecho in a Santa hat was absolutely adorable. :D :D :D I loved seeing Wobbuffet kick butt again, and the new animation for his attacks was awesome. Also, the funniest part of the whole episode had to be Ash demanding snorunt show himself in the kitchen, and Team Rocket pops out looking scared. LOL

8.5/10 for me.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

I did not expect toonami to air this ep today......

but they did! but I didn't like it that much

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Sherlock Shuckle said:
I did not expect toonami to air this ep today......

but they did! but I didn't like it that much

I know what you mean, I put it on just to see which episode it was (about 5 mins after it started so I think I missed Ash singing) and I was pretty surprised to see Snorunt.

Overall I loved this episode. Snorunts voice was just so cute, and the way it bonded with Ash was great. I also loved how Snorunt made Ash battle it rather then simply join his team, works a lot better that way.

Kanto Trio

Must Defeat Dent!
This episode was a good one. I was laughing when Snorunt froze Ash. I also found it to be adorable. I did find Ash to be a bit childish when Snorunt took Ash's badge case even when it was only playing with Ash. My favorite part would of course be the part where Ash catches Snorunt since aSh finally catches another Pokemon.

Overall, this gets a 9/10.