• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~*~Let it Snow!~*~

GoombaGeek

Begone!!

Manly Blissey

In Canadaia, eh, it snows for fourteen months a year, eh.

Stereotypes aside, it actually does snow from October to April where I live. So my dad made a six-foot-tall pile of snow, and it's really compressed so I'm hollowing out the inside for a fort. And on the top, I built a sled run with a ramp (which gets obliterated every time my little brother goes down with his feet sticking off the sled). It is AWESOME. Yeah, everybody with a green Christmas can officially hate me.

The whole fort/ramp thing sounds pretty cool, but do you Canucks go by a differnet calender or something? ;]

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
The whole fort/ramp thing sounds pretty cool, but do you Canucks go by a differnet calender or something? ;]
XD

Back on topic: the sled part used to have a steep bank, but it made the saucer go off the ramp sideways so I tried flattening it. Also, I'm spraying it with water so it gets bumpy and icy, and after testing it with one meter of the track sprayed, I think I was going 10 kilometers per hour (eh) faster.

Pokemon-Dratini

cutes.u.2.death >: )
it snows here -.- i find it cold and annoying, but I like it when theres snow on the ground when i go out to take pictures so yeah its ok

hmm a snow experience, well when i was younger i live in florida near miami and it always wanted to see snow and then one time it actually did! not alot but it did snow for a bit, it was nice....now i live in new york and im sick of the stuff -.-

ha and i want to go to college in vermont, im gonna die up there

I was surprised with the weather yesterday on Christmas. It was roughly around 78 degrees with a light shower of rain, but after the rain there was a gentle breeze. I was expecting it to be cold but through out the whole day the weather was good.

December is really rainy here.

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
Aww, the snows melting here

it#s only a couple of inches thick now :[

Prinplup

Super, super =D
The snow is melting after a whole week. Can't say I'll miss it though, since I've only been out in it once or twice.

Blazestarre

We've had over a foot of snow this year and there were a lot of problems with snow drifts. In fact, our neighbors had to be dug out of their house, the snow was so deep, and at the same time you could see the grass of our front yard.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Oh, and the jump on the sled track has been removed, and now I slide across the driveway into a rosebush EVERY TIME, no matter how much I try to stop with my fingernails.

shaq-attack

.:~:._.:~:.
I used to LOVE snow until I moved to Canada.

Last year was terrible, at times you could barely see your own hands in front of you.
One day, my school was cancelled early after this large blizzard; but because all the city buses weren't running I couldn't get home.
If my friend wasn't there to give me a ride, I probably would have been there all throughout the night. =/

I'm glad we didn't get as much snow this year.

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
About a week and a half ago, there was a blizzard. I went outside and fell on my face and got a mouth-full of snow. So I think snow is only good in moderation.

Living in southern California, I verrrry rarely experience snow; and never at home.
This lack of experience led to an unfortunate mistake on my part when my school had a ski trip. We went up to one of those places with the synthetic snow, but the permission slip had still mentioned to dress heavy. Fake snow isn't anywhere near as cold as real snow, so I had to wrap the king-sized jacket around my waist no more than an hour after arriving. As I was there, I realized that there was one other thing overlooked by the permission slip: SUNSCREEN. It had not occured to me that snow would magnify sunlight even more intensely than water.
Long story short I was shedding for over a week after that:(.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Snow is awesome... I say let it snow!

We had our first ever blizzard where I live on Christmas Eve. And we had a smaller snow system move through a few days ago, and now we're under a Winter Weather Advisory for more snow tonight and tomorrow.

It's so amazing! There's still snow on the ground from Christmas Eve because it's actually stayed cold.

You have no idea how incredible it is that it has actually stayed cold. The day before the blizzard it was in the 60s. And that's not even enough to be considered "bipolar" for me anymore. Having gone to sleep to 83 degrees and woke up to snow the next morning...

We have been totally dominated by 30s since that storm came in. Totally awesome. I only wish it could stay cold like this... Having a real winter for once is amazing. I mean I know plenty of people experience much colder conditions than this for long amounts of time, but where I live I've become accustomed to 60s and 70s as standard winter weather. >_>

Erienne

Anime high :D
As someone who has been born and raised in SoCal, I have never been in snow. I saw it once when I was in England outside of my tour bus, but it ended just before we got off. :(

Apparently, a few people have died over here because of snow and icy conditions on the roads. I saw that on the news yesterday.

Snow is bad. I HATE IT!
:mad:

Last edited: