• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let's all recommend obscure music!

ChedWick

No weird Al? Seriously??

I recommend anything from Weird Al.

VictiniMaster

Winning, Duh!

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
someone who likes Rise Against really shouldn't be laughing at anything else

here let me write your next reply for you

"LOL IT'S JUST NOISE WITH SCREAMING OVER IT IT'S SO STUPID"

edit: as to not spam, here's some Enslaved: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU9Hg2tcNtI

not really obscure, but neither is half of what's posted in this thread, so, you know

This statement is so false it's funny. Rise Against isn't just "screaming" (Even though there is basically no screaming).

This statement is so false it's funny. Rise Against isn't just "screaming" (Even though there is basically no screaming).
good job making a comment in something that doesn't involve you at all

i wasn't talking about Rise Against, i was talking about the band i listen to he was saying he was laughing at.

nice try though <3

yeminied

I'm not sure you could call it obscure but I had no idea it was a full song. A TV station here played this song during their ad breaks promoting the station. When I heard the full song I loved it.

Check out Avalanche City and their song "Love Love Love." It's a nice little song.

Asterio

There's this band called Scarling that I'll sometimes listen to. They're a little "out there" but I guess it's something different to listen to sometimes.

Indie punks.

One of the more obscure ones I really ended up liking was Sleigh Bells. They only have one album, Treats, and I thought it was going to be a bit too grungy for my tastes but I love it all.

This and Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix are near perfect albums, I think. Not a bad tune in either of them.

Yeah a friend of mine started getting me into more Indie and less mainstream stuff, but even then it's not all that obscure. Cure Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes, Metric, The Helio Sequence, MGMT, Arctic Monkeys, etc.

Bleh music is not my forte but I can hold my own at least. Sue me.

none of the **** you just listed is obscure.

Oh yeah, I love GY!BE. Amazing, amazing band. Now that post-rock's been mentioned, I can recommend some of my other favourites, like:

Sigur Rós: they're hardly obscure, but still a lot of people haven't heard of them. They are one of my top 5 bands of all time, and I think EVERYONE should watch Heima (the movie). It is a documentary-like film in which the band plays free, unannounced live shows in their homeland, Iceland. One of the best films I've ever seen.

Explosions in the Sky: lovely post-rock band with many solid records.

God is an Astronaut
: Same as EitS

godspeed, sigur ros, eits, and giaa? i am in love with you.

Plat. Frontier

Epic Mustache
Wisdom, Justice & Love ~ Linkin Park and Iridescent ~ Linkin Park.

Mainly the first one (cause the second one's a single), but together, they're BEAST MODE.

Kyogre35

First avy..no touchy
Wisdom, Justice & Love ~ Linkin Park and Iridescent ~ Linkin Park.

Mainly the first one (cause the second one's a single), but together, they're BEAST MODE.

Goddamn I love you.

Anyone who hasn't listened to Iridescent should do so now.

RedMage23

The Red Mage
ITT hipsters telling you that your high school band that only your mom has heard is mainstream.

I don't listen to much obscure music, mostly because I don't go looking for it. The most obscure music I listen to would be original music by random YouTube artists.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Oh something a bit off the charts... E' Muziki. I think I spelled that right! They are a duet/trio depending on the song that played at the Michigan RenFest. They caught my ear with their version of Led Zeppilin's Kashmir. They're Gypsy fusion. I mean fusion with just about everything! They are hauntingly good.