• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let's debate evolution.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
PokeJustice said:
Let Poketmonsta use any source he pleases, and deal with whatever is said in said sources without any attempts at deck-stacking.
Not necessarily. I'm not talking about any specific company or site; I'm talking about people who are obviously well-educated in the said area or the source to have some form of peer-review with experts in the area. answergenesis has a bad reputation in distorting scientific information to fit Christian ideals.

It's the same reason why you wouldn't want a car mechanic's opinion on heart surgery.

cantab

But, it is not possible to go and add more on to the end of the book.
Yes. It. Is. The whole purpose of DNA is to be copied. Copy it along with the rest of the cell and you reproduce. Copy it without copying the rest of the cell and you "add another page to the book".

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Yes. It. Is. The whole purpose of DNA is to be copied. Copy it along with the rest of the cell and you reproduce. Copy it without copying the rest of the cell and you "add another page to the book".
I think he was referring to singular DNA strands :/

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
We might grow extra arms or something. If humans still even exist in 1,000,000 years time. I think robots will take over, personally. If we look the same in the far future, I will churn in my grave.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Currently, we are more impressionable than our ancestors
Woot? Where did you hear that from? All my parents are able to speak of is how people nowadays have so little feelings and are de-sensibilized. I was told my grandma literally barfed at the "horse head" scene in the godfather movie. And my mother, as a child, with her father, CRIED TOGETHER at the beginning of Dumbo 0__o

I only thought we're phisically a lot weaker tan our ancestors...

legendarypokemonmaster

Woot? Where did you hear that from? All my parents are able to speak of is how people nowadays have so little feelings and are de-sensibilized. I was told my grandma literally barfed at the "horse head" scene in the godfather movie. And my mother, as a child, with her father, CRIED TOGETHER at the beginning of Dumbo 0__o

I only thought we're phisically a lot weaker tan our ancestors...
All three are true. We live in a society saturated with violence and are desensitized to it. People here "Car bombing kills 20 in Iraq" and go "Oh, that's so sad" and usually don't think about it again. We don't do as much work as our ancestors. Many people go to school/work and go home. People are becoming more lazy and doing less physical things.

Dattebayo

Banned
After reading "The Lost World," evolution isn't the only thing that's occurring in life as we know it. There is something more complex then that. Which means we can't rely on evolution on how the world works.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Can you please elaborate?

Dattebayo

Banned
Can you please elaborate?

According to the novel, the problem with Evolution is that is the time problem, which bacteria appeared 40 billion years ago after the Earth was formed, the coordination problem, which many elements evolve simultaneously, and not acting like a blind force should.

Snipehsheep

Scottish American
If i'm correct, humans have been getting taller. Back in roman times, average height was about 4-5 feet, now its 5-6.

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
If i'm correct, humans have been getting taller. Back in roman times, average height was about 4-5 feet, now its 5-6.

Victorian doorframes are recognisably shorter than modern ones, from what I've heard.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
According to the novel, the problem with Evolution is that is the time problem, which bacteria appeared 40 billion years ago after the Earth was formed, the coordination problem, which many elements evolve simultaneously, and not acting like a blind force should.
... I have no idea what you just said and nothing in this sentence makes any scientific sense.

Dattebayo

Banned
... I have no idea what you just said and nothing in this sentence makes any scientific sense.

Well I guess you should read the book since it's better explained than I said.

What about 5-7?

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
No, the book sounds too silly. You don't need a book to challenge evolution; you just need evidence. Something that big could be found pretty easily.

If you yourself didn't understand it then it's pretty clear that you only say the book is right because it affirmed what you already believed.