• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let's give it another go. (:

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
I lost count of digital art threads I've made. :/

Ever since my old PC crashed (the stupid CPU stuffed up because of duststorm), I stopped making banners (and any form of digital art) for a long time.

Then comes the part where I received a new laptop with Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 pre-installed. Only trouble is the laptop won't let me download any fonts or plug-ins for it (thanks to school policies) and to be honest, I preferred my old Photoshop 7 better--at least it has more features. -_-;

But at least this is better than nothing, I can still use custom brushes thank god.

So I dug up some pictures, and trust me, most of them needs a lot of work. *facepalms*

Untitled-1copy-5.png

This was back from the day of Phtoshop 7. Entered this in the WBC aaaages ago.

Untitled-12copy.png

My current (and really old) signature.

Mystic.png

Now for something new! The Milotic image and the snowflake patterns are both made by me.

TheFray.jpg

EDIT: Found the newer version. Here it is.

Birthday.png

Birthday present... for someone. A cookie if you can guess who I gave it to.

Mitch.png

Posted 26th April. Another Sky Gift made.

So umm... any comments and critiques? ~_^

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
My favorite is your Notebook style banners, whatever happened to the Grovyle one?

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
I apologise for the late replies, I haven't been on the net a lot nowadays...

@ m!ss p!nk: Thanks for the suggestion, yeah, perhaps I've been too worried about brushes overwhelming the whole banner, that's why I didn't put too much on them.

@ Mr. Joker: Well... notebook style banners are quite easy to make, and I do like them better than normal ones. As for the Grovyle one, I think it's lost somewhere in my Photobucket account. *goes to look for it*

This one?

Grovyle_Notebook_improved.png

Okay, here's a new one. This is another birthday present. (I think I make too many birthday presents lately...)

Mitch.png

cieux

banned
instead of spamming textures like a novice, i suggest you use the selective colouring tool* and try to bring out the best of the colours rather than making them clash. it is also not a good idea to use unnecessary brushing because honestly, it's a waste of good clear space. your typography could use a lot of work; try using bold fonts like helvetica bold and less {'s. it really just comes off as unprofessional.

*with the selective colouring tool, i suggest you make the background (the paper texture) less beige. you already have a chimchar with is orange; the colours mesh together and harmonize in an ugly sort of manner. not enough contrast.

and then you should bring out the colours of chimchar by saturating his colours a bit and making them a tad more red; emphasize the yellows, too. also, the grid texture on chimchar's face is a little too dark. it takes away the focus point on the banner.

banners that are too busy aren't very good either. i think you should be a tad bit more simple, otherwise everything clashes.

but still, your banners are heading the right direction. you have certainly got potential.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Ack, excuse the absence.

@cieux: THANK YOU! (I haven't received a proper critique for a century.)

Ahem.

Hmm... I add brushes because I kept on getting a feeling the banner might be too empty and then no one is going to like them. Then I get worried about over-saturating colours (due to the fact I did over-saturate once). You sound like you're telling me to do the complete opposite... 0.0

Nevertheless, I'll give your suggestions a try, thanks. :)

Been busy with school lately (5 tests!) but I promise I'll post some banners soon.

(PS: I'm not bumping threads intensionally! I'm just replying to a comment...)