• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

...let's give it another try, shall we?

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
Fan art thread number 3. :/

Here are the two latest one I've done. Both off the 100 theme challenge on dA. Critique and enjoy.

No.35--Hold My Hand

...warning, it's a shipping picture, just in case you don't like GrovylexCelebi. *got stoned* I think the border around both of them was a bit too overboard... -.-

No.3--Light

A picture of a Torchic from my fanfic. I'll explain--the Torchic's face has different shades of orange on it, it's my crap attempt at shading. -_-;

So yeah, feel free to give me advice on it. :)

I'll upload some more pictures as I finishes with them.

PS: please zoom in to view them, it looks a hell lot better that way.

New Pictures:

No.26--Tears (Treecko Fanart)

Team Helix--Katherine and Penny (Mudkip and Riolu)

Building a snowman--Contest Entry pic

Last edited:
*eyes sparkle at sight of first pic*

For the second pic, I think you forgot to shade the legs. My opinion, but it may be how you wanted it to look.

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
I should've replied a few days ago. *facepalm*

Thanks for the comments :)

0_0 I sense fangirl-ness here... As for Torchic's legs, I thought I didn't really need to shade them much since they're going to be covered by the shadow of her body...but then again I'm a total amateur at this. -_-;

New picture:

http://piplup-fangirl66.deviantart.com/art/No-26-Tears-143134093

This time is Treecko. ;252; The pose was so damn hard to draw... *sweatdrop*

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
Hey, I can see your having difficulties with shading. I can give you a tip about shading, the importance of shading is having a light-source. Because if there's no light = no shade. So when your starting to shade something make sure of which angle the light comes from, example when your light-source comes from the top left corner of your drawing, that corner is more light then the right down corner.

I have a quick sample of what I mean, Hope i helped.

Example_Shading.jpg

sweet_piplup123

I lost the game?!?!
@Miltank Lover: I can see what you mean... the light source I have are actually coming from the front of my characters (most of them) and my friend told me to shade the edges, so with the Mudkip and Riolu picture I was doing that. But for the other ones I pretty much kinda guessed it by imagining lights from a lamp hitting an object...

I appreciate your help and I hope to hear some more advices from you and the others. :)

New picture:

http://piplup-fangirl66.deviantart.com/art/Building-a-snowman-CE-144608068

Let's see here.. On your latest one (Piplup & the snowman), I suggest fattening up Piplup a bit on the flippers and body area. Looks like an anorexic Pokémon. xD;

Other than that, you have a very cute style in your drawings~ Don't stop! 8)