• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let's Go to the Galar Region! An Encounter with Scorbunny!! (1093)

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Oh, wait. I had.

No one can seriously say with a straight face this sucks.
I know you want to murder me for not liking it when a misused orchestra screams my ears straight into a tinnitus diagnosis (then again, every Miyazaki stan wants that; it's just in their nature), but I'll say it anyway: it's inferior to the game version and remixes found in other games. It's also from a time Miyazaki didn't suck at his job, so I can stand listening to it without reflexively reaching for the mute button.

On the other hand, there's this disastrous remix of a classic, which has drums so loud it drowns out everything else.

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Zacian and Zamazenta appeared in the opening, so maybe they will apear in the next episode.

DatsRight

Oh, wait. I had.

No one can seriously say with a straight face this sucks.

In fairness, not even the dub seemed willing to say that. They kept in nearly every use of that particular song, even in the AG and late Johto episodes where there was usually a draught of Japanese music left in tact.

I don't hate the new soundtrack, though I am saddened we won't likely hear that or any of the other retro remixes again should anymore nostalgia projects like I Choose You be made. Really love those J-pop arrangements of the old game tunes.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I don't hate the new soundtrack, though I am saddened we won't likely hear that or any of the other retro remixes again should anymore nostalgia projects like I Choose You be made. Really love those J-pop arrangements of the old game tunes.
I'm sad that, for as much as Sun & Moon's final season outright spammed the M20 remix of the Regi battle theme, they never once played Bye Bye Butterfree or To Their Own Paths. Just, like, I feel like those two are arguably the most iconic pieces of anime-original instrumental music, and hearing them again in the actual show was something I really wanted at some point or another.

But nope, it never happened... And since PM19 so far seems to not want to use any old music, it likely never will.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm really glad at how Pikachu easily destroyed Scorbunny. I had my fears due to the trailers but nope Pikachu hasn't been resetted for the second time in a row :)
Blocking the hyperbeams of a gyarados and tyranitar and then blasting off those two and TR with a simple thunderbolt, and effortlessly destroying scorbunny. The one hit the bunny landed was because Pikachu tried to defend ash. So glad we have this and not a Pikachu reset that leads to him tying to a freaking elekid, getting defeated by a snivy, or being equaled by a bunnelby, for some reason not being able to defeat wobuffet and losing to surskit.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Let's be real, if not for the public announcement of Miyazaki retiring from Pokemon, I highly doubt 90% of people would notice the music was different or care that much. A lot of times it feels like people are merely bashing the music because it's not Miyazaki, and that feels unfair.
Hold the phone.

I’ve been following this show for almost two decades, you can distinctly tell what’s Pokémon’s OST and what’s not. There are plenty of people in the fan base who who feel the same. I thought nothing of Miyazaki’s leave and thought the music would be largely unchanged but the difference is purely uncanny it’s hard to ignore. People can have grievances with the music choices so far, it’s not like it’s leading to an toxic infighting with fans. In fact most people were looking optimistic for this music change because of the stunt casting from “Boku No Hero Academia” from what I saw leading up to Pocket Monsters 2019. Sun&Moon overdid with its constant reusing of certain pieces but I am going to miss the charisma and energy of the old soundtrack. I feel like you could slap this monotone sound in any random shounen action-adventure anime but it doesn’t feel like something unique to and invented for Pokémon, for Satoshi and Go’s adventure. Kind of weird since “After the Rain” is super outgoing and bouncy.

admittedly some of it does remind of Cathcart!Dub soundtrack

Last edited:

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
So it dodged so what? It's not like it could dodge forever anyways
Which...applies to literally every other pokemon over the past twenty years?

Do you want battles to be non-stop trainers yelling "DODGE"?

Why don't the trainers just tell the pokemon to dodge incoming attacks on their own and attack at their leisure whenever they see the chance?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
So it dodged so what? It's not like it could dodge forever anyways
Yeah, we have to take account of stamina too. Let see us dodging things constantly irl and see what happens.
Which...applies to literally every other pokemon over the past twenty years?

Do you want battles to be non-stop trainers yelling "DODGE"?

Why don't the trainers just tell the pokemon to dodge incoming attacks on their own and attack at their leisure whenever they see the chance?
I thought Diantha's eye contact with her Gardevoir to make actions was pretty cool and not used as often than seeing trainers yelling.

Last edited:

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I liked this episode overall it was cool to see Nickit and Scorbunny I was a bit disapointed that he wasn't caught in this episode but he probably will very soon.Felt like they could've maybe used Team Rocket in this episode but they're probably saving them for next episode.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I can’t help but chuckle at the Rotomphone’s national dex numbers, almost felt like they were poking fun at the games. Kusune is #827...but how? There are only about 400 Pokémon. Then the episode about Fushigisou, yes it’s certainly mysterious and strange to see a Pokémon that doesn’t exist. Now Go’s goal is “Gotta Catch Em’ All.”

Ivysaur is in the data for SWSH, but secretly. There are some others there too, like the Squirtle and Meltan lines.