• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Let's try this again...

Tehero

Like A Boss
It's a doubles team, but I'm not sure what kind of doubles team sooo just read below.

455.png

The first pokemon I started off with was a Hippowdon. Obviously to get my own weather started, and since Hippowdon has decent Defense status and Attack Status I decided to make him a wall weather starter with a bite.

455.png
428.png

So after Hippowdon I decided to start working on making my team an all weathers team. I added in Gastrodon which will give me an immunity to Electric and Water (Storm drain) And will also help me stop a lot of Drizzle teams if used correctly. I decided to make Gastrodon a tank because of it's ok stats in everything and the two immunities

455.png
428.png
490.png

So since I now have a good counter to rain teams that also works good in the sand, I decided to add something to match against Sun Teams, Heatran. Heatran covers up my major grass weakness, and also can get some power from the sun while not getting hurt in the sand. I decide to make Heatran have a Termatran set, because it works really well with Heatran.

455.png
428.png
490.png
609.png

So obviously I need a trick room person and decided to add in Reuniclus who has extremely poor speed, but awesome Sp Att. With It's ability Magic guard, it also doesn't get damage in Sand Storm and can do some massive damage with Life Orb added on.
455.png
428.png
490.png
609.png
621.png

So since I have no idea how to spell his name I'm just going to call him Mushroom head. Mushroom head is my main status spreader. I decided to make him a tank and have access to Rage Power to help my Reuniclus set up Trick Room.

455.png
428.png
490.png
609.png
621.png
412.png

So I decided I needed a sweeper, so I added a Rampardos. Under Trick Room, It becomes a massive threat especially with Mold Breaker.

575.png
428.png
490.png
609.png
621.png
412.png

So after looking at the team, I decided it needed another Trick Room user and so I added in a cotton ball. It can set up Trick Room if the other one runs out, and can also spread some statues and be really annoying.

And that was my logic behind this whole thing. First it started as a Sand Team that can work in any weather, and then turned into a Trick Room Team.

Team at a Glance:
609.png
621.png
575.png
428.png
490.png
412.png

Closer look at the Team:

ALL OF THESE POKEMON HAVE 0 SPEED IVs

609.png

Reuniclus (Blob) @Life Orb
252 Sp Att 64 Def 192 HP
Magic Guard
Quiet
Trick Room
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

This is a standard set off of smogon. It's my primary Trick Room user, and almost always gets Trick Room up with help from Mushroom Head. Magic Guard protects it from the Life Orb recoil, making it a serious threat. Psychic is for a STAB move that causes a lot of damage. Shadow Ball is for type coverage, while Focus Blast is to handle any pesky Dark pokemon.

621.png

Amoonguss (Mushhead) @Focus Sash
252 Sp Def 252 HP 4 Def
Effect Spore
Sassy
Rage Powder
Spore
Stun Spore
Giga Drain

Mushhead helps Blob set up Trick room with Rage Powder. Focus Sash makes sure it can last at least one turn in doubles, making a sure in for Trick Room. Spore and Stun Spore are to spread statues, along with Effect Spore ability. And After Amoonguss gets all set up, It can spam Giga Drain and hopefully gain all of most of it's life back for another go.

575.png

Whimsicott (Fluff) @Leftovers
252 HP 4 Def 252 SpD
Prankster
Calm
Trick Room
Encore
Leech Seed
Subsitute

Fluff is another Trick Room user, and also one of the best users of the SubSeed combo. With Prankster, Leech Seed and Sub will always go first, but I'm not sure if I should switch out Encore so that it won't be Taunt bait.

428.png

Gastrodon (Gassy) @Leftovers
Calm
Storm Drain
252 HP 248 Sp Def 8 Speed
Scald
Recover
Toxic
Clear Smog

This is one of my favorite sets and pokemon. It has a good amount of bulk, and stops sweeps in their tracks. Clear Smog erases statues changes, which may seem bad, but it has saved me SO many times. Scald is for a powerful STAB move. Toxic is to cause some serious damage, and since Gassy is good at stalling with Recover it normally causes a really good amount of damage before Gassy faints. Recover is .... well to recover. Storm Drain gives Gassy another immunity to water (The first immunity being to electric)

490.png

Heatran (Heat) @Leftovers
Calm
Flame Body
244 HP 44 SpD 220 Def
Torment
Subsitute
Protect
Lava Plume

This is a standard smogon set, but I changed the speed EVs to Def since it will be in a Trick room team. Since most pokemon don't carry two moves of the same time that are super effective against Heatran, Torment works wonders. Especially with Subsitute and Protect. Lava Plume is for a powerful STAB move, and in case someone Taunts Heat.

412.png

Cranidos(Dino) @Life Orb
Brave
Mold Breaker
252 Att 44 Def 220 Sp Def
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch

Dino with Trick room is fantastic. It's high Att with Life Orb makes it a really big threat, and StoneQuake combo hits almost anything with neutral damage. Fire Punch and Zen Headbutt is mainly for more type coverage.​