• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Level 1 Smegel?

Lightey

Someone in worlds (who I guess won, because they are on the website) was using a Lv. 1 Smegel.. What is the point for that?​

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Someone in worlds (who I guess won, because they are on the website) was using a Lv. 1 Smegel.. What is the point for that?​

Probably the FEAR tactic. That's why most people use level one Pokemon.

Lightey

Probably the FEAR tactic. That's why most people use level one Pokemon.

FEAR tactic?

And while we are talking about worlds, is it necessary to EV and IV train your Pokemon to compete, because I never have done that before, and it sounds hard.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
its the F.E.A.R method
F= focus band
E= endeavor
A= attack ( like quick attack)
R= ratata( because its the easiest one to use fear with)
you get a level on let it hold a focus band it gets attacked and its hp becomes 1 then endeavor makes the opponents hp 1 and then quick attack gaurantees you the first shot you win . since smeargle can learn any move he is compatable with the fear set

razor fire

As above poster said, it's the fear tactic. and no, you don't need to ev train and that stuff to compete in battles.

The F.E.A.R tactic isn't used much anymore becuase other priority moves beat it. Plus, if you use it mid or late game, stuff like Stealth Rock and other Entry Hazards break the Sash.

Lightey

The F.E.A.R tactic isn't used much anymore becuase other priority moves beat it. Plus, if you use it mid or late game, stuff like Stealth Rock and other Entry Hazards break the Sash.

Not to mention Protect and Detect.

Tanoby

Banned
wtf is a smegel

wichu

It's not actually used for the 'FEAR' 'strategy'. Level 1 Smeargle is used on Trick Room teams. It usually starts with Fake Out or Follow Me, both of which have positive priority (and so ignore a level 1's low Speed), while its partner sets up Trick Room. A Focus Sash helps it survive an attack from the opponent which didn't get Faked Out, or a single Follow Me'd attack.
A level 1 Smeargle's Speed can go as low as 4 (I think). With that Speed stat, it's unbeatable once Trick Room is up, allowing it to put both opponents to sleep with Dark Void, or bring one of them down to 11 (or 1) HP using Endeavor.
Basically, instead of scoring a surprise KO, its purpose is to help its partner set up, and cripple opponents with Dark Void and Endeavor.

EDIT: Oh, and if you want to actually stand a chance of getting to Worlds, you must IV breed and EV train. My whole team had perfect IVs and EVs (no, I didn't cheat), yet I still got beaten in the second round.

Dragonica

People use Smeargles to copy, so for instance if you use Draco Meteor, but it missed, Smeargle can learn that move and kill you. Understand?

Machete

People use Smeargles to copy, so for instance if you use Draco Meteor, but it missed, Smeargle can learn that move and kill you. Understand?
With Smeargle's Special Attack, it'll be lucky if it does any damage with a critical hit.

Smeargle can't do anything by itself, but, as said, can use the FEAR strategy, can be deadly on Trick Room teams and can Baton Pass a Belly Drum.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin

Smeargle has bad stats. Also, People usually don't have Smeargle with Sketch in battles. =/

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
That's the great thing about Smeargle. Usually, with a Spore, Belly Drum, Baton Pass and Ingrain, it can safely pass attack stats to your sweepers.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
That's the great thing about Smeargle. Usually, with a Spore, Belly Drum, Baton Pass and Ingrain, it can safely pass attack stats to your sweepers.

If its in a trick room team and survive hits.

Bobblefighter

Relic Owner
Well, if it holds a focus sash, Spores, Belly Drums and Baton Passes away, it could hopefully survive without fainting.