• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Level 30 Psychiatry (Webcomic)

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
serebii.png

To think I joined these forums back in 2006... my, how time flies! :D

Anyways, featuring Guybrush20X6 as the scriptwriter, TheMightyBox as the colorist, and myself as the line artist, I'd like to proudly present to you Level 30 Psychiatry, a webcomic where all of your favorite video game characters collide at the psychiatrist's office! We update every Saturday in Britain (or late afternoon on Fridays if you're American), and we're always eager to hear your feedback!

Feel free to post comments, criticisms, and compliments in this thread, but if you want to have the whole team see what you have to say, you'll have to post it through the actual webcomic. We're still just starting out, so we need all the help and feedback we can get! Don't be shy!

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
For those of you too lazy to click on the link (and I'm sure there are many of you), here's a sample for ya:

82e0d00e9630465414087c4ba94c7a151247572236.png

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, these aren't too bad (the Link one is hilarious), I do like what I see. I kinda wish you would post up new updates on here, since this will go into obscurity if you just expect people to click the link every week.

Anyway, do keep these up the best you can. Hopefully you won't run out of ideas anytime soon. Though is there going to be some plot in the future, or is the comic all just about a Gardevoir being a therapist to other video game characters? Or are you expecting to extend it out in some way so you can keep the therapy in? I dunno, I'm kinda getting the vibe from the current strip, as she's slowly getting Hollywood schizophrenia as you said. (Wouldn't be too surprised if that came from TV Tropes.)

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Lol, these aren't too bad (the Link one is hilarious), I do like what I see. I kinda wish you would post up new updates on here, since this will go into obscurity if you just expect people to click the link every week.

Anyway, do keep these up the best you can. Hopefully you won't run out of ideas anytime soon. Though is there going to be some plot in the future, or is the comic all just about a Gardevoir being a therapist to other video game characters? Or are you expecting to extend it out in some way so you can keep the therapy in? I dunno, I'm kinda getting the vibe from the current strip, as she's slowly getting Hollywood schizophrenia as you said. (Wouldn't be too surprised if that came from TV Tropes.)

Thanks for the feedback, KP! Glad to hear you like it. :)

Don't worry -- I'll be posting a new link every week. Maybe another exclusive bonus image for you guys once in a while.

Plot? Guybrush (the writer) has thought up enough story arcs and insane plot twists to last us three years! You won't be disappointed anytime soon. ;)

But hey, thanks for checking us out! Nice to hear some feedback from a fellow artist. (Project: Gym Leader is turning out rather nicely, by the way -- keep it up!)

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Due to an unfortunate complication with the colorist's home situation, this week's comic will be delayed for a bit. We'll have it up in a few days, but until then we've got two nifty sprite comics for you!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Understood.

XD "Can't stop hitting myself." It's so predictable, but it's still hilarious. Gardevoir's surprised sprite looks really good, maybe you guys should try making a sprite comic at some point. It'd be really cool to see what more you can do with the sprites.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Sorry for the wait! Part 2 of our current arc is finally here, and it's quite a treat if I do say so myself! ;)

We'll still be updating this Saturday/Friday as usual, no hitches.

Understood.

XD "Can't stop hitting myself." It's so predictable, but it's still hilarious. Gardevoir's surprised sprite looks really good, maybe you guys should try making a sprite comic at some point. It'd be really cool to see what more you can do with the sprites.

That was a guest comic -- sprite comics aren't really our forte. Why sprite when you have drawing power?

But don't worry: we have a dozen fantastic filler ideas to keep you full!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Sorry for the wait! Part 2 of our current arc is finally here, and it's quite a treat if I do say so myself! ;)

We'll still be updating this Saturday/Friday as usual, no hitches.

Oh good Lord XD. It's going to be scary when she finally does succumb to her schizophrenia. And I must be as slow as Slowpoke, I didn't get that joke until after a good think.

That was a guest comic -- sprite comics aren't really our forte. Why sprite when you have drawing power?

xD Oops, I missed seeing "guest" on the title. Well, whoever is that guy better be making sprite comics, lol.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
xD Oops, I missed seeing "guest" on the title. Well, whoever is that guy better be making sprite comics, lol.

As a matter of fact, he does. I don't know him personally, but I think our writer does.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Finally looked at it properly.

XD Well, looks like she's stuck with schizo from here-on out. That'll be fun.

I haven't really noticed a shift, honestly... the art looks a bit more cleaner, if that's what you mean. And the page looks bigger, but otherwise, it looks the same ^^;.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
I haven't really noticed a shift, honestly... the art looks a bit more cleaner, if that's what you mean. And the page looks bigger, but otherwise, it looks the same ^^;.

I guess it's more of a shift on the production end of things. We can get a little carried away sometimes with our excitement. ^^;

But besides that, we've changed up the borders / overall layout to more resemble a newspaper comic, and we're going to be a bit more diverse with the panel sizes.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Mmm... I don't really get this week's. Could be because I never played the game that it's from, so it went over my head. It was bound to happen, though. There are going to be some weeks where I don't understand the joke. I might have an idea where it's from, though...

So yeah. I got nothing to really comment on this time, though the blood splats could have been done better. I suggest getting some brushes from the web so it won't look chunky the next time you put in blood (whenever that will be).

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Mmm... I don't really get this week's. Could be because I never played the game that it's from, so it went over my head. It was bound to happen, though. There are going to be some weeks where I don't understand the joke. I might have an idea where it's from, though...

So yeah. I got nothing to really comment on this time, though the blood splats could have been done better. I suggest getting some brushes from the web so it won't look chunky the next time you put in blood (whenever that will be).

Understood. We're pulling in characters from all sorts of series from different companies, so not even I understand some of the things Guybrush writes up! XD

Hmmm, good advice. I'll let Box know.

Thanks for the feedback, KP! We appreciate it! :D

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
I apologize that this slipped my mind (it's been a busy week), but here's the new comic! This week, we're introducing a new main character, and she's a Pokemon everyone knows and loves! ;)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't get it... again. I looked at it for several minutes, and it goes over my head every time. So looks like you lost me once again. I honestly think there's too much of Chansey's dialogue, though, by one or two bubbles. Her thought bubble in the third panel probably doesn't need to be there, and I don't get her first thought bubble, it kinda ruins the flow for me.

So yeah, I don't get the joke this time. Hopefully next week I'll finally get it or I should play more games or something.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
I don't get it... again. I looked at it for several minutes, and it goes over my head every time. So looks like you lost me once again. I honestly think there's too much of Chansey's dialogue, though, by one or two bubbles. Her thought bubble in the third panel probably doesn't need to be there, and I don't get her first thought bubble, it kinda ruins the flow for me.

So yeah, I don't get the joke this time. Hopefully next week I'll finally get it or I should play more games or something.

Thanks for being honest. We'll try to make future comics more accessible.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This week's strip got a giggle out of me. It's cute. I like the Peanuts shout-out there. The panel with Oshawatt is funnier since it's a rather popular choice now, if just for the final evolution. And I don't know why, but in the first panel, I can't decide if Gardevoir rushed to sit down, or she stood up all of a sudden. There's some lines that look like speedlines behind the stool that threw me off.

Too bad it's not colored, but eh, I like how it looks.