• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Level 30 Psychiatry (Webcomic)

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, the trainer commands it XD. But what about the wild Voltorb/Electrode/Graveler/Koffing who self-destruct by their own will? Oooooh. *wiggles fingers, spooky music*

XD Chaos Kiwi was on to something, though.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Oh gosh, no one is safe from Farmville, not even the NPCs XD. I keep forgetting the craze is still... well, crazy. Probably because I don't go on Facebook. or whatnot. I like Roll's comment about Farmville.

I liked your other style better for Gardevoir, honestly, at least with her head. It's probably because it's not colored, but her eyes just seem to bug out in this page, and her head's too oblong at times. Unless it's because of her hair, I don't know. I thought it was a guest comic until I read the notes on the bottom. I think you changed your style for the humans, but they weren't as noticeable as Gardevoir.

Also, I think the second panel doesn't need Gardevoir's thoughts in there, her face says it enough, especially when you cut to the other patients. You also fell into "lots-o-text" territory again with this one. The joke still came out fine, but there was a little bit too much explanation there.

Kiyoshi the Polar Bear

Literally Speaking
Loving the comic so far!

I like the freshness of the idea for a Pokemon-orientated comic, and I see your art style is improving quite a lot. I also enjoy the fact you don't fuss yourself up about backstory all that much to focus on the jokes and current events; I've seen way too many Pokemon comics trip over itself in unimportant or unrelated backstory that doesn't help the actual plot whatsoever (or sometimes, even forgotten about.)

Although admittedly, there were some parts in the beginning of the series that were a tad generic, the humor is very giggle or smile worthy overall. There hasn't been a moment in the comic yet where it's really made me die of laughter, but you're building up quite the comic and there hasn't been a point where I haven't been amused. If I were you, I'd try to experiment with your jokes and characters a little bit more.

I certainly will be following this.

Last edited:

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Thanks for the critiques and kind words, guys! :D

Ever bugged by Metroid: Other M's story? So was Samus.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
This strip lost me again. I'm very familiar with Other M, but I guess the "joke" was with Samus' monologues or something. *shrugs* I didn't know who the guy in the last panel was, either, so that didn't help much (though the thought he takes his gun to bed and doesn't remove the bayonet part made me giggle a little).

This strip's actually hard to look at. Black-and-white comics are fine, but there's just too much detail smooshed together that it's hard to look at the characters. I think you may need to start simplifying a few things when it comes to drawing characters, especially those with complex designs. Or at least make the lines a little more fine and/or perhaps some light shading here and there to give it physical depth.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
This strip's actually hard to look at. Black-and-white comics are fine, but there's just too much detail smooshed together that it's hard to look at the characters. I think you may need to start simplifying a few things when it comes to drawing characters, especially those with complex designs. Or at least make the lines a little more fine and/or perhaps some light shading here and there to give it physical depth.

Well, the reason why it's black-and-white is because we've had a bit of trouble with our deadlines and our colorist hasn't finished it yet. We always re-upload after a few days with the finished product. I also lack the ability to thin out the lines as I draw with pencil, which doesn't have fancy line weight features. I will investigate simplifying designs, but it's a tricky process since most characters only show up for one comic.

Thank you very much for the advice! :)

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
Tails is kind of like Luigi, except he lacks a fanbase. It hurts.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The heck, he just bursts into song xD? Tails should start developing a fanbase right about now just for that, lol. (Though I'm pretty sure he's got a small fanbase out there.)

Only nitpick I have is that usually for blanket fabric, you don't have a complete outline/contour of the object protruding beneath it. You usually will have a lump for the feet, the top of the legs depending on how they're laying down, and that's about it unless the arms are laying on the chest. Doesn't mean the blanket's completely flat, but you have lines here and there where the body meets the blanket. If you have the entire body under the blanket drawn out, it makes the blanket look transparent.

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
The heck, he just bursts into song xD? Tails should start developing a fanbase right about now just for that, lol. (Though I'm pretty sure he's got a small fanbase out there.)

Only nitpick I have is that usually for blanket fabric, you don't have a complete outline/contour of the object protruding beneath it. You usually will have a lump for the feet, the top of the legs depending on how they're laying down, and that's about it unless the arms are laying on the chest. Doesn't mean the blanket's completely flat, but you have lines here and there where the body meets the blanket. If you have the entire body under the blanket drawn out, it makes the blanket look transparent.

There is so much truth in that. How did I not see it before? o_o

I'll definitely have to work on my lump-drawing skills. Thank you very much!!

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist
HEY! LISTEN!

Also check out some awesome Resident Evil art!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
XD Okay, this one didn't fly over my head this time, lol. Wow, I think Navi is the one with the issues and not Link, always being his mouthpiece (oh wait, you already pointed that out in the hover text xD). I love the cut-away to his face in the second panel, that's a nice touch. And I agree, Link looks better this time around. But I think it could be because... *looks around* ...that was a different Link. Each Link reincarnation looks a little different.

You're doing mighty-fine work here, even if I get only half of the jokes at times. Keep it up, Giga and gang!

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That... was creepy xD;... Audino may be pretty cute and a newb, but I think you're starting to make her a little creepy now. Not that's it's bad, adds some weird character development, though.

I seriously wish this was colored, though I wonder if that would make it better-looking, or not, since everything's pretty clean in this one. I'm torn between color and non-color now...

And I saw Slendy on her fridge OH SHI

GigaNerd

Webcomic Artist

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Welcome back, Giga and gang, hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Weird dream Audino had, but I do believe she would have a dream like that. She's still new and really ambitious about her job, so to have a nightmare about suddenly screwing up and getting everyone mad sounds like she does have some anxiety. I don't recall her doing anything wrong in making people upset than to confuse people with her name.

I swear the sign in the third panel's familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well.

The last panel's punchline's funny, and brings up a good question XD. (As well as the mouseover text.)