• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Leveling up help

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Hello all. I just got Emerald for the third time, it the last two either broke or got lost, and I am up to the 7th gym and finding myself with a bit of a dilemma. I have battled Tate and Liza numerous times and have lost, I keep soft resetting and cannot win. Could you please tell me some places where I can level up and some tips for my team? I am not ev'ing or iv'training or whatever. I'm also not trading any pokemon or getting new ones. I don't care about natures either.

Team:

Swampert @ Impish nature. Lv. 39

HP: 136
Attack: 96
Special Attack: 67
Defense: 90
Special Defense: 79
Speed: 61

Attacks:

Mud Shot
Surf
Muddy Water
Mud Slap (iI am planning on replacing this with dive when I get it)

Manectric @ Rash Lv. 39

HP: 114
Attack: 71
Special Attack: 102
Defense: 58
Special Defense: 50
Speed: 102

Attacks: I plan on having Thunder and Rain Dance for the E4

Bite
Strength
Spark
Quick Attack

Breloom @ Rash Lv. 31

HP: 87
Attack: 89
Special Attack: 51
Defense: 59
Special Defense: 42
Speed: 57

Attacks; ( I plan on adding rock smash for the E4 and replacing counter with Sky Uppercut)

Counter
Mega Drain
Mach Punch

Gardevoir @ Rash Lv. 31

HP: 88
Attack: 48
Special Attack: 94
Defense: 51
Special Defense: 72
Speed: 68

Attacks:

Confusion
Calm Mind
Double Team
Psychic

Swellow @ Rash Lv. 28

HP: 74
Attack: 60
Special Attack: 44
Defense: 44
Special Defense: 29
Speed: 85

Attacks:

Wing Attack
Fly
Endeavor
Quick Attack

Ninetails @ Rash Lv. 29

HP: 85
Attack: 57
Special Attack: 61
Defense: 49
Special Defense: 63
Speed: 69

Attacks:

Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Flamethrower

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I am now asking for help with the E4. My pokemon are, again, underleveled. I know that training in Victory Road is the best but I would like to level up and beat the E4 as quickly as possibl, before noon today, and I'd like to get to the Battle Frontier before tonight. Here's my team:

Swampert: Lv. 43, Rash Nature

HP: 150
Attack: 107
Defense: 100
SP. Attack: 75
SP. Defense: 89
Speed: 68

Attacks:

Mud Shot
Blizzard
Surf
Waterfall

Breloom @ Lv. 39: Rash nature

HP: 110
Attack: 114
Defense: 74
SP. Attack: 64
SP. Defense: 54
Speed: 74

Attacks:

Sky Uppercut
MegaDrain
Mach Punch
Rock Smash

Gardevoir @ Rash @ Lv. 42

HP: 120
Attack: 66
Defense: 69
SP. Attack: 128
SP. Defense: 97
Speed: 96

Attacks:

Future Sight
Calm Mind
Flash
Psychic

Swellow @ Rash @ Lv. 30

HP: 79
Attack: 65
Defense: 47
SP. Attack: 46
SP. Defense: 31
Speed: 91

Attacks:

Endeavor
Fly
Wing Attack
Quick Attack

Ninetails @ Lv. 35 @ Rash

HP: 102
Attack: 69
Defense: 59
SP. Attack: 74
SP. Defense: 75
Speed: 84

Attacks:

Will-O-Wisp
Confuse Ray
Flamethrower
Fire Blast

Manectric @ Lv. 45 @ Rash

HP: 134
Attack: 85
Defense: 68
SP. Attack: 118
SP. Defense: 59
Speed: 121

Attacks:

Bite
Rain Dance
Thunder
Quick Attack

Please help me.

Last edited:

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
well id say go out surfing to the cave where u can find spheal

Otter16

Leaf Storm
It might help if you stop resetting your and just keep battleing even if you loose. First I would teach Breloom Brick Break because Liza and Tate use Light Sceen and Reflect often. Try raiseing your Ninetails and Swellow up on the route before you get to the waterfall in Everglade City, there are plenty of cool trainers with Grass pokemon there. Also what I found that works is teach Gardevoir imprison it will help you because most of Liza and Tate's Pokemon share many of the same moves with Gardevoir. Finally try teaching Breloom stronger grass moves, they will help you in this gym and the next.

Snorlax1994

Well. what you can do to level alot in a small amount of time is go to meteor falls. cross that small wooden bridge and there is a small span of water and a waterfall. go up the waterfall and into an entrance just above the waterfall. there are solrocks/lunatones (depending on what version) and golbats at aprox lvl 35-40. these give you arouns 600-1000 exp per kill. level there until your pokemon are at least level 55 and then tackle the elite 4. if u cant go there for whatever reason, train ur pokemon on the route in between fortree and lilycove. the moves do make a difference but not a massive one.

golden jirachi

Sinnoh Star!
catch and modest nat sharpedo teach him surf and dive and any otheratt for tate and liza and ta-da a new badge!

Zeo

catch a spheal and train it to sealeo or that last evo,
Or catch a dark pokemon and train it hard. from the start

metaldragon

ninja blade!
yeah, you need a good Dark type for Phoebe. And maybe teach Swampert Ice Beam, it's more accurate for fighting Drake's dragons. Maybe you should catch a Sharpedo and teach it Crunch and Ice Beam.