• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Levels: Anything to do with age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperWeb606

I was thinking, what if levels had something to do as age? It kind of does make since, and I'd love to think those noob's lvl 100 blazikien as old, but does level imply age? If it did
I think it would go:

1-10: Infant/Toddler
11-30: Kid
31-50: Teens
50-80: Young Adult
80+: Adult
Opinons?

ChedWick

No, I don't really see levels corresponding to age. The elderly are much weaker than their younger counterparts and former selves so to think of pokemon at lvl 100 as elderly is a little unjust.

coolespeon

I dont know.
I don´t think so, if that happened maybe the death of pokemon could be something possible, but it never happened. Anyways, nice theory.

Penguinist Trainer

Yes and No...

Primarily because as you get older, your wisdom does increase because you've "experienced" a lot more but you physical abilities also go downhill once you've passed your prime.

Penguinist Trainer

Old is how you define it. Even in an age perspective, a 10 year old looking at a 20 year old would still consider the 20 year old "old".

Besides, saying there is no such thing as old, is like saying there is no difference in age groups which you have clearly broken them down to.

I was just making a comparison based on how the older you get, the more life you have experienced. I just think if a pokemon's level were related to it's age, it's stats would reflect that change (increasing as you approach your prime and decreasing after you've passed it)

It's not that I didn't read the original post, I was merely bringing about my opinion in this discussion.

Black Murder Heavangelon

Ow! Ow! Harder! Ow!
i'd rather believe that levels actually refer to how strong a pokemon is, as implied in the games. However, i'd also like to believe that pokemon naturally gain EXP. points as they age, only very very slowly. This would explain how you find some high level pokemon in the wild.

If you look at it through that concept, it makes sense as to why some Bug types evolve so early and why Dragon types take a lot of time to evolve. That's probably because their bodies are programmed to evolve when they reach a certain level. Wild Beautifly's and Dustox's can be found in the wild in D/P (although quite rare) and you never see any wild dragons like Salamence or Garchomp because they take a long time to evolve by age.

Well, if levels have to do with age, I have a baby Togekiss, Jolteon, Flareon, and Espeon (Off the top of my head, not gonna think hard into this,) and it took me two days for my Vaporeon to become an "adult." Also, my baby Manaphy made an egg with a level 50ish Ditto.

Age, no... maturity, maybe.

I prefer to think of evolutionary stages as age levels for most pokemon.
Yea it makes more sense, it'd go like :

1~10 : Rookie
11~25 : Beginners
26~40 : Young gun
41~65 : Advance
66~80 : Expert
81~99 : Sage ?
100 : Chuck Norris?

PDL

disenchanted
100 : Tired overplayed unfunny joke

Fixed.

Anyway, I can see that alot of evolutions that require leveling up would have made more sense if it was based on age... but I doubt that anyone would want to wait that long for one of their Pokémon to evolve.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
^reminds me of a cartoon I drew, mabye if this thread is here 2morrow night I'll upload it,
but yeah who would want to wait for a dragon pokemon to age enough for evolution! or any long lived pokemon, wartortle?

Status
Not open for further replies.