• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Levi Tran is a Goddess

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
This team is poopy, my team poops all over it (smirk)

Great team you guys(since Thee is banned, tell him I <3 the team) I think I battled this team once, and i swear i lost to hax, that or i won, idr. But this is a great team, and this should be moddled for future use on this site

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
As for your Scrafty problem, Scizor can handle Dragon Dance Variants to an extent, as long as there's previous damage done to Scrafty. Superpower should do a lot to it, enough for Luke to Revenge Kill with ES.

EDIT: I saw what you did there.

That is true, it just has trouble ohkoing, due to lack of immeadite power. Scrafty is manageable, but difficult(like almost all of the threats)

Can I steal your thread list?

Btw, on Rotom you can swap HP Grass for HP Ice to cover Grass weakness.

sure boi :D

also I'm actually dropping the HP's for thunderbolt, to make sub dd gyarados much less threatening.

Very well made team, I cannot think of any problems

Can't find any flaws.
Best OU team i've seen on serebii.

:]

This team is poopy, my team poops all over it (smirk)

Great team you guys(since Thee is banned, tell him I <3 the team) I think I battled this team once, and i swear i lost to hax, that or i won, idr. But this is a great team, and this should be moddled for future use on this site

yea im pretty sure i used this team on u in its early stages(its changed alot since then <3) but thanks for all the compliments guys :]

Also just so everyone knows, I am testing a scarf gyarados over scizor to cover weakness to conkeldurs, scraftys and volc+ duggy combos. So far its going well, although it does leave me more open to scarf/ rp terrakion.

Last edited:

TheGreekTerror

A True Gentleman
Overall this was a very good team you guys made. A few things I wanted to say. I know you put this on your threat list, put a DD Tyranitar would rip apart your team, if you lost Scizor. Lucario might be good, but once T-Tar has +1, its usually sweeping time. Also, I think a Scarf Latios would hurt your team. If they it had Surf, HP Fire, Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt with a scarf, I can see it coming down to some predictions. Thats all I have to share, for now

Great job guys!

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Overall this was a very good team you guys made. A few things I wanted to say. I know you put this on your threat list, put a DD Tyranitar would rip apart your team, if you lost Scizor. Lucario might be good, but once T-Tar has +1, its usually sweeping time. Also, I think a Scarf Latios would hurt your team. If they it had Surf, HP Fire, Draco Meteor, Thunderbolt with a scarf, I can see it coming down to some predictions. Thats all I have to share, for now

Great job guys!

thanks for the rate greek :D,

DDttar does seem slightly troublesome, but i can easily fake the band/ feign the bullet punch to either force him to switch/be kod by superpower. but nonetheless, i always play cautiously against tht guy.

scarf latios tbh isnt too threatening, due to lack of immeadite power, heatran can even take 2 or 3 surfs(if im not mistaken). Also if he simply locks himself into the wrong move, i can use him to set lucario up or pursuit with scizor. Although i must admit it comes down to prediction slightly, but even if i predict wrong, heatran(my general counter) can take a hit and protect it off.

TheGreekTerror

A True Gentleman
thanks for the rate greek :D,

DDttar does seem slightly troublesome, but i can easily fake the band/ feign the bullet punch to either force him to switch/be kod by superpower. but nonetheless, i always play cautiously against tht guy.

scarf latios tbh isnt too threatening, due to lack of immeadite power, heatran can even take 2 or 3 surfs(if im not mistaken). Also if he simply locks himself into the wrong move, i can use him to set lucario up or pursuit with scizor. Although i must admit it comes down to prediction slightly, but even if i predict wrong, heatran(my general counter) can take a hit and protect it off.
*works on a team that counters it completely*

Eaglehawk

Banned
Building onto your suggestion about switching Gyarados for Scizor and Greek's comment about DDTars and Scarf Latios. While both are rare, if you put Gyara over Scizor, you become more prone to them, not to mention that it does leave you more open to Tyranitar in general. In your reasoning for Gyara, you cite Volc + Duggy as a threat to this team. In all honesty, as long as you have SR up and Rotom-W alive, you can deal with it as long as you can predict a Duggy coming in on Tran (in which with Team Preview, it isn't that hard). The other two all rely on prior action, which isn't hard if you can find a hole to setup.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Building onto your suggestion about switching Gyarados for Scizor and Greek's comment about DDTars and Scarf Latios. While both are rare, if you put Gyara over Scizor, you become more prone to them, not to mention that it does leave you more open to Tyranitar in general. In your reasoning for Gyara, you cite Volc + Duggy as a threat to this team. In all honesty, as long as you have SR up and Rotom-W alive, you can deal with it as long as you can predict a Duggy coming in on Tran (in which with Team Preview, it isn't that hard). The other two all rely on prior action, which isn't hard if you can find a hole to setup.

yea the main problem with gyara is i open myself up to scarf terrak/ scarf latios more. ddttar is still not a big problem as a scarf waterfall hurts alot. but still i see ur point.

Also my main problem with volc+duggy is that heatran, my best(arguably) my only counter to volcarona is just so dugtrio prone. this makes it very difficult to set rocks down, unless my opponent plays stupidly and loses dugtrio early on. The reasoning behind gyara is i can have a scarf bounce to rely on(ik its weird for a scarf set but it works). But yea, no change is perfect and nothings permanent yet.

-Zane-

Champion
Have you guys noticed that TR Reuniclus can wreck your team. It KOs Scizor with Focus Blast at those EVs. One way to change that is change CS Scizor back to Choice Band with 252 hp- 252 Attack- 4 SpD. This way you are guarunteed at least one U-Turn. then you can throw in Heatran to stall out the dimensions (like you said).

Eaglehawk

Banned
Have you guys noticed that TR Reuniclus can wreck your team. It KOs Scizor with Focus Blast at those EVs. One way to change that is change CS Scizor back to Choice Band with 252 hp- 252 Attack- 4 SpD. This way you are guarunteed at least one U-Turn. then you can throw in Heatran to stall out the dimensions (like you said).
Reuniclus@Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature) Focus Blast vs Scizor (0/0 EVs, Neutral Nature): 77.5 ~ 91.4% (218 ~ 257 HP)

Your argument is invalid.
Anyway, as you can see from this calculation, Scizor will always pull off one U-Turn against Reuniclus, which does:
Scizor (252 EVs, Neutral Nature) U-Turn vs Reuniclus@Life Orb (196/64 EVs, Neutral Nature): 65.8 ~ 77.5% (270 ~ 318 HP)

He can then switch into Latias, who can take one Shadow Ball to the face (52.8% - 62.8%) and Calm Mind on the same turn (keeping in mind that Scizor U-Turns out last in queue). Then it can take another Shadow Ball and Recover on the same turn.
Reuniclus@Life Orb (252 EVs, +Nature) Shadow Ball vs Latias (248/0 EVs, Neutral Nature, +1): 35.2 ~ 41.8% (128 ~ 152 HP)
He can then either continue to CM or blast it with a Dragon Pulse.

Yeah, it looks kinda complicated, but hey, it works.

-Zane-

Champion
TR Reuniclus (252 SpA Modest)
282 - 332 (100.36% - 118.15%)

This is the calc that i got for the Choice Scarf Scizor Set meaning only 4 evs in SpD and none in HP. Your argument is invalid

And CB scizor just gives him better comfort to take out supposed threats. And by the way do you even know the common TR set. because the calcs im getting do not match yours. Plus, TR Reuniclus is a Late Game sweeper which means by then scizor will be fairly warn out by SR and opposing hits in which he takes from opposing mons that he checks and or counters. Good day to you sir.

Last edited:

Eaglehawk

Banned
I backchecked with two different calculators and they both gave me 216-256.

But I completely overlooked the late game sweeper fact and Stealth Rock. So the chance of this scenario being perfectly pulled off is quite low late game.

btw, which calculator do you use?

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
this team is amazing, one of the best i've ever seen. however, some of the things mentioned earlier in the thread to pose a threat. all in all, however, this is an amazing team.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
Woah little debate going, but all in all tr reuniclus hasnt ever been a problem. CM reuniclus is much more threatening, but here is how i deal with tr reuniclus. Usually while it sets up tr i blast a move, lowering its health. I then switcch to heatran on the predicted shadow ball/psychic(fairly easy to do), I then protect, use lava plume(tank a focus blast for like 56%(if it misses even better)) protect again, and then i judge whether i should stay in or switch out to latias, as the shadow ball is very unlikely and and this point the tr reuniclus's health is around 30-40% and doesnt want to predict in the offchance i use lava plume(which does about 33-37%). That effectively stalls out tr. All of that pretty much left tr reuniclus low in health, adn my heatran is near half/greater. It will b very difficult for renk to switch in and set up tr, and if it does, i can use protect and get my heatran to a health where it can stall/ at tht low hp priority also hurts badly. This way if scizor is low in hp, i can still have a way of dealing wit renk.

EDIT:
when im running calcs i use this
http://masara.byethost15.com/SilverlightDmgCalcTestPage.html

Last edited:

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
this is kind of late. i've been using the team for about a day now (with DUs permission from yesterday) and i have to say, entry hazards are about half of a problem. no pokemon can avoid all of them, but leftovers quickly heal injuries on most. latias has levitate which protects from spikes, and then lucario has air balloon which also helps. but they are pretty annoying, and spinner would only help that.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
this is kind of late. i've been using the team for about a day now (with DUs permission from yesterday) and i have to say, entry hazards are about half of a problem. no pokemon can avoid all of them, but leftovers quickly heal injuries on most. latias has levitate which protects from spikes, and then lucario has air balloon which also helps. but they are pretty annoying, and spinner would only help that.

Hazards are a problem, and make stall difficult to deal with. Bay and i are thinking about forry, but then we loose momentum, power and sorta leave the bulky offensive field.

This is not 100%, but i constantly keep pressure on my opponent, and do my best to prevent hazards. Rocks are almost always put up, but spikes i can usually limit to 0-1 layers per game. By predicting properly and abusing momentum u can generally limit hazards. Of course this is moreso how a bulky offensive playstyle works.

Phoenix_85x

Phantom Gengar
I saw your team before (when i was randomly looking at teams) in Smogon and i have to say that is is awesome!
I can't find any flaws and i love the idea of leftovers on Rotom to trick (not the move) people into thinking it has a choice item!

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Spiffing team, chaps, jolly good show!

The only change one would make to your team is replacing recover with wish on latias. One believes that this will provide your team wth much needed wish-pass support, which one believes to be especially important as, with the lack of a spinner, your pokemon will be worn down by those simpy dreadful hazards! I say!

That's all I have to add. Toodlepip!