1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

LGBT+ Alliance

Discussion in 'Clubs' started by Manchee, May 22, 2019.

1. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

(I'll fix the formatting soon)
    LGBT+ Alliance

Hello, all! Welcome to the new club for members of the LGBT+ community. After much discussion about the old club, it has been decided to respectfully put it to rest and start the club with a fresh face and membership. I will be running this club alongside Captain Jigglypuff and we both hope to see a lively, positive community of people come together to make this club something that we can all be proud of.

~Club Rules
    1. Absolutely no hate will be tolerated in this group.
    -----This is meant to be a place where members of the LGBT+ community can come together and feel safe, respected, and appreciated. If you do not agree with or support people of this community, kindly do not join or post here. Derogatory, homophobic, and transphobic remarks will result in a ban from the club.
    2. Try to keep discussion related around LGBT+ matters.
    -----This can include (but is not limited to): politics, sexuality, love life, equality, drag.
    3. This club is not a dating site.
    -----If you find someone that you become close with, cool, but do not come into this club looking to find a romantic partner.
    4. Sexually explicit content is not allowed here.
    -----Remember, these forums are open to people of vastly different ages.
    5. Support each other.
    -----Don't just come into this club and post about yourself. While you can give life updates, find solace among other members, and discuss personal matters, make sure to comment on what others say and help us to form a group where everyone in the LGBT+ community can feel like they belong.

~Club Art
    *art for the club will be coming soon*

Member List
    Manchee
    Captain Jigglypuff
    Gamzee Makara
    Jonothon !
    Willow’s Tara

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2019
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  2. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Feel free to mention my name in the first thread since I made the old one :). As the former founder, I approve of this club, with much sadness I say goodbye to the old one. And I am happy to be a part of this one soon, but I won't be as active.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  3. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member

I’m the other co-owner and my goal is to also welcome any LGBT+ and their allies a safe place to be themselves without any fear of being judged. I am also an amateur drag queen so I’ll be your guide and source for all things related to it and to Rupaul’s Drag Race. I’ll be happy to provide you with some tips and links to resources if you want to enter the world of drag performance. I’ll also post any news article that I think may be relevant to this Club here as well especially if it involves a new law that affects us either negatively or positively or is about a hate crime within the community. We LGBT+ community members need to stick together and this Club is a great way of doing it.

Rupaul’s Drag Race season 11’s finale is next week and the Top Four are Silky Nutmeg Ganache, Brooke Lynn Hynes, Yvie Oddly, And A’keria Chanel Davenport. Who are you hoping to win? For me I can see either Brooke Lynn or Yvie taking the crown. Both are very talented and they have a dynamic to them that sets them apart from the previous winners. I also don’t think any queen could ever mess up as badly as Asia O’Hara did with the butterflies. The only way that’d be possible now is if a finalist’s head explodes. In one of my Let’s Go Eevee files, I got a female partner and immediately named her Eevee Oddly which is a pretty cute homage. I mainly call her Oddly.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  4. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

I'll join up.

We need to support each other in the dark age of Trump.

5. Captain Jigglypuff

Of course you may join! The more the merrier!

6. Jonothon !

Jonothon ! ♥ Seventeen ♥

I know that the Serebii forums are low-key dead nowadays, but I will definitely support anything LGBTQ+! We need to always support each other wherever that may be. :D

A couple of things about me:

o Massive RPDR fan, so feel free to hit me up about my opinions about the show. (I have a lot lmao)
    o Aside from Pokemon, I play Fire Emblem, Smash, Overwatch, LoL, BO4, MH, and more! I am always open to having more gaming friends, so if you ever want to play, lemme know!
    o Pokemon-wise, my favourite type is Fairy and/or Grass, but Girafarig is my favourite Pokemon.
    o I am Scottish, but currently live in Western Australia
    o I'm low-key addicted to drinking water with slices of lime and idk how to stop drinking it.
    Feel free to ask anything else! ♥

7. Captain Jigglypuff

So Taiwan legalized gay marriage. This is rather ironic for me because my parents are from Taipei yet my dad continuously denies that I’m gay and is actually trying to get me to agree to him paying some random girl from China to marry me. This is really messed up on so many levels including the fact that his arranged marriage to my mom didn’t even last more than ten years. He also described what kind of girl he wants to get me. I am consider getting a lesbian in a similar situation to pretend to be my girlfriend just so he will leave me alone. I wouldn’t be in this situation if it weren’t for my aunt meddling with my life.

Gamzee Makara likes this.
  8. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Nevermore... Staff Member

You might want to edit that first post, Jigglypuff, with the new members. Glad it's doing pretty well so far.

9. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

Oh, I would like to be made a member too of course.
    That is great about Taiwan, not okay about your dad, he really shouldn't be doing that to you.

10. Captain Jigglypuff

That isn’t even the worst part. I only have until September to find a fake girlfriend before he will go to China and look for a wife for me. All this because he wants grandchildren even though my sister has a son but he doesn’t count since my dad claims to everyone that she cut him off when it’s the other way around. I don’t even want kids. Or at least and small children. I would adopt a kid that was about eight or older since they usually don’t get adopted and end up in the foster care system until they turn 18 but I definitely don’t want to have to deal with potty training or diapers.

11. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Oh god I really hope Brooke Lynn doesn't win. She's been a frontrunner the entire season but I'm over her personality at this point. She's too polished and I don't like that she always has to be so put together about everything. Silky annoyed me most of the season but I've enjoyed recent weeks where she admitted that she isn't perfect and is only trying to do her best. I've been rooting for Yvie this whole time, but I wouldn't be upset seeing Silky win.

First off, welcome! RPDR questions: Who is your favorite queen of all time and why, and who do you want to win this season? I used to play Overwatch a lot more but I'm kind of over it now. I'm really not liking where the game has been going and every seasonal event is just a bigger let down :/ And I wanna know why Girafarig is your fav! That's such a neat favorite to have.

Oh man, that's... I can't even imagine. Are you close with your family? I know everyone is dealing with their own situations but I've been out of the house for so long now that I couldn't care less what my parents expect of me, but unfortunately not everyone can have that luxury...

12. Captain Jigglypuff

For me I never saw Silky as annoying. Larger than life yes but not annoying. The only queen to get on my nerves was Willam with the acting resumé reciting confessionals that happened every five minutes. By the fifth episode and third confessional in that episode I was like, “Oh shut up you @#&*(!” I don’t get why people call Silky loud and annoying and being “too much” when there are other queens from previous seasons that are just as loud and being much and don’t get any hate. Mainly Bob the Drag Queen, Thorgy Thor, Shangela with the whole Halleloo thing, Miss Vanjie screaming every five minutes, and Alyssa being Alyssa.

13. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

I think the main thing with Silky is that people didn't find her personality very likable overall. There are people who really like Bob, Shangela, Vanjie, and Alyssa because while they're loud and everything, people like the person underneath the makeup and/or the character they are putting on, which can't be said for Silky. It took her a while to grow on me, and I would have been fine with her winning, but it'll all finally over now. I'm glad to see Yvie win, and this has been one of my favorite seasons so far.

14. Captain Jigglypuff

One thing I hate is how religion is used as a cover for anti-LGBTQ propaganda. I have anxiety from some incidents involving the Christian religion and church and on Facebook in one of my groups that is for anxiety support, someone asked if religion talked should be allowed and I said yes. I stated some people get anxiety when it comes to religion and that people like me who suffer from that particular anxiety deserve a safe place to express it and get advice for overcoming it. I developed my anxiety after being bullied every week during Sunday school which eventually led me to developing a fear of churches and Sundays to which I kept begging God each week not to punish me by going to church and also from another church constantly trying to pray the gay away from me at every moment which is a form of conversation therapy. So yeah, I have a legitimate reason to get anxious about religion. Well this lady got really nasty with me over my opinion and started to bully me over it. I explained to her my reasons and that with me being gay, I can’t be sure I could find a place to express my religious anxiety because I’m also gay which makes things harder. She accused me of trying to play the #$&*ing gay card as an excuse which I wasn’t. Other users defended me and could see that this woman was in the wrong. I eventually had to block her just to get her to leave me alone.

*edit* This is a reply that I got on YouTube after I commented on a video about why there was no straight pride month. I simply said that I usually responded with that straight people DO have a straight pride month and that they get eleven more months and that it’s called a year and they have literally every single day to be able to express themselves without fear. This is what I got: “Wow, you should just killyourself then. How ever do you make it through everyday in our progressive first world country? With every technological advancement in human history available to you.” I reported that guy for bullying to YouTube and I don’t regret it. He was way out of line. If you don’t like what I say then just ignore my comment. That’s what I do.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

Oh gosh........ I just agreed to go to Philly this weekend for Pride. I've never been to a Pride before.

Send help lol

16. Captain Jigglypuff

Get a bottle of water. It will help keep you hydrated while you’re out in the sun. Also be prepared for the biggest group of people you have ever seen at once.

17. Manchee

Manchee extra toasty

While it was not the biggest group I've ever seen at once, it was a nice crowd. Had some drinks, kept out of the sun too long, and got to see government officials for my state call out how poorly the White House is treating the LGBT+ community. Super cool!

In other news I set up a Grindr account the other day for the first time in a while. I still don't know how to feel about that. It's not my favorite app, far from it, but it's the easiest way to at least start talking to other LGBT+ people in the area and I can't deny that...

18. Captain Jigglypuff

Never use Grindr! They ban users for literally no reason at all. It happened to me after less than five minutes of use and I didn’t even set up a completed profile. All I did was upload a pic of me in a polo shirt and I was banned for “posting inappropriate content.” I have refused to take any pictures of me being taken since then and that was five years ago. Other men said the same happened to them. Screw that app. I vowed to stop as many guys as I could from using it.

19. Gamzee Makara

Gamzee Makara Let people enjoy things...

What was on the Polo Shirt? And was it red? Is your real name close to a prominent hatemongerer's way of spelling their own?

It might have been a homophobic brand or a flag for redshirt jokes(a rare homophobic Star Trek reference that one internet asshole made prominent for 24 hours). Or a name match misfire.

I haven't had trouble with Grindr before I met my current significant other, but others have for their bizarre filter system.

Bad luck, most likely.

20. Captain Jigglypuff

I was wearing a BLUE polo shirt, my real name is not shared by any hatemongerers, and the polo shirt was plain. They tried to apologize to me after I contacted them and wrote an extremely angry email demanding to know why I was banned. They didn’t respond for six hours and it took another two before they admitted that they were wrong and tried to give me a premium account for six months free but I refused, told them what they did was extremely wrong and that I didn’t know if I’d get banned for no reason at all again and that was no way to treat their users, that I’d never use them again and tell everyone else to never use them, and I thanked them for making me realize that I’m ugly and apparently offensive enough to be banned so no one would have to see how ugly I am. I then told them to shove that premium account they tried to bribe me with into staying up their @##.