• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manchee

extra toasty
LGBT+ Alliance
Hello, all! Welcome to the new club for members of the LGBT+ community. After much discussion about the old club, it has been decided to respectfully put it to rest and start the club with a fresh face and membership. I will be running this new club hope to see a lively, positive community of people come together to make this club something that we can all be proud of.

~ Club Rules

1. Absolutely no hate will be tolerated in this group.
-----This is meant to be a place where members of the LGBT+ community can come together and feel safe, respected, and appreciated. If you do not agree with or support people of this community, kindly do not join or post here. Derogatory, homophobic, and transphobic remarks will result in a ban from the club.

2. Try to keep discussion related around LGBT+ matters.
-----This can include (but is not limited to): politics, sexuality, love life, equality, drag.

3. This club is not a dating site.
-----If you find someone that you become close with, cool, but do not come into this club looking to find a romantic partner.

4. Sexually explicit content is not allowed here.
-----Remember, these forums are open to people of vastly different ages.

5. Support each other.
-----Don't just come into this club and post about yourself. While you can give life updates, find solace among other members, and discuss personal matters, make sure to comment on what others say and help us to form a group where everyone in the LGBT+ community can feel like they belong.

Member List
Manchee
1rkhachatryan
Aposteriori
Bananarama
charlesnester
Emboar_Rulez

Gamzee Makara
Hydrangea
Jonothon !
Kdude146
lemoncatpower
Monster Guy
Pikachu979
Sketchie
Teravolt
Totokip
UwULifeGaming
Willow’s Tara
WishIhadaManafi5
Yosuuke

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Feel free to mention my name in the first thread since I made the old one :). As the former founder, I approve of this club, with much sadness I say goodbye to the old one. And I am happy to be a part of this one soon, but I won't be as active.

Jonothon !

♥ Seventeen ♥
I know that the Serebii forums are low-key dead nowadays, but I will definitely support anything LGBTQ+! We need to always support each other wherever that may be. :D

A couple of things about me:

o Massive RPDR fan, so feel free to hit me up about my opinions about the show. (I have a lot lmao)
o Aside from Pokemon, I play Fire Emblem, Smash, Overwatch, LoL, BO4, MH, and more! I am always open to having more gaming friends, so if you ever want to play, lemme know!
o Pokemon-wise, my favourite type is Fairy and/or Grass, but Girafarig is my favourite Pokemon.
o I am Scottish, but currently live in Western Australia
o I'm low-key addicted to drinking water with slices of lime and idk how to stop drinking it.
Feel free to ask anything else! ♥

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
You might want to edit that first post, Jigglypuff, with the new members. Glad it's doing pretty well so far.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Oh, I would like to be made a member too of course.
That is great about Taiwan, not okay about your dad, he really shouldn't be doing that to you.

Manchee

extra toasty
For me I can see either Brooke Lynn or Yvie taking the crown. Both are very talented and they have a dynamic to them that sets them apart from the previous winners.

Oh god I really hope Brooke Lynn doesn't win. She's been a frontrunner the entire season but I'm over her personality at this point. She's too polished and I don't like that she always has to be so put together about everything. Silky annoyed me most of the season but I've enjoyed recent weeks where she admitted that she isn't perfect and is only trying to do her best. I've been rooting for Yvie this whole time, but I wouldn't be upset seeing Silky win.

A couple of things about me:
o Massive RPDR fan, so feel free to hit me up about my opinions about the show. (I have a lot lmao)
o Aside from Pokemon, I play Fire Emblem, Smash, Overwatch, LoL, BO4, MH, and more! I am always open to having more gaming friends, so if you ever want to play, lemme know!
o Pokemon-wise, my favourite type is Fairy and/or Grass, but Girafarig is my favourite Pokemon.

First off, welcome! RPDR questions: Who is your favorite queen of all time and why, and who do you want to win this season? I used to play Overwatch a lot more but I'm kind of over it now. I'm really not liking where the game has been going and every seasonal event is just a bigger let down :/ And I wanna know why Girafarig is your fav! That's such a neat favorite to have.

That isn’t even the worst part. I only have until September to find a fake girlfriend before he will go to China and look for a wife for me.

Oh man, that's... I can't even imagine. Are you close with your family? I know everyone is dealing with their own situations but I've been out of the house for so long now that I couldn't care less what my parents expect of me, but unfortunately not everyone can have that luxury...

Manchee

extra toasty
I think the main thing with Silky is that people didn't find her personality very likable overall. There are people who really like Bob, Shangela, Vanjie, and Alyssa because while they're loud and everything, people like the person underneath the makeup and/or the character they are putting on, which can't be said for Silky. It took her a while to grow on me, and I would have been fine with her winning, but it'll all finally over now. I'm glad to see Yvie win, and this has been one of my favorite seasons so far.

Manchee

extra toasty
While it was not the biggest group I've ever seen at once, it was a nice crowd. Had some drinks, kept out of the sun too long, and got to see government officials for my state call out how poorly the White House is treating the LGBT+ community. Super cool!

In other news I set up a Grindr account the other day for the first time in a while. I still don't know how to feel about that. It's not my favorite app, far from it, but it's the easiest way to at least start talking to other LGBT+ people in the area and I can't deny that...

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
What was on the Polo Shirt? And was it red? Is your real name close to a prominent hatemongerer's way of spelling their own?

It might have been a homophobic brand or a flag for redshirt jokes(a rare homophobic Star Trek reference that one internet asshole made prominent for 24 hours). Or a name match misfire.

I haven't had trouble with Grindr before I met my current significant other, but others have for their bizarre filter system.

Bad luck, most likely.

Manchee

extra toasty
Never use Grindr! They ban users for literally no reason at all. It happened to me after less than five minutes of use and I didn’t even set up a completed profile. All I did was upload a pic of me in a polo shirt and I was banned for “posting inappropriate content.” I have refused to take any pictures of me being taken since then and that was five years ago. Other men said the same happened to them. Screw that app. I vowed to stop as many guys as I could from using it.

(...) but I refused, told them what they did was extremely wrong and that I didn’t know if I’d get banned for no reason at all again and that was no way to treat their users, that I’d never use them again and tell everyone else to never use them, and I thanked them for making me realize that I’m ugly and apparently offensive enough to be banned so no one would have to see how ugly I am. I then told them to shove that premium account they tried to bribe me with into staying up their @##.

Okay.... wow. I've never seen or heard of that happening, but at the end of the day Grindr is Grindr, you can't take it too seriously. It doesn't help anyone to put self-worth into an app on your phone, and whether it was a mistake or not on their part, don't let something like that make you think that you're ugly. The best thing you can do is find and build your confidence and not let other's perceptions (or how you think they're perceiving you) affect the way that you are in the world. Make the most of what you've got and just enjoy being you.

That being said, Grindr has been pretty low-key for me since redownloading it. No one very interesting and nothing too exciting, which is fine, really. I'm not expecting anything to come out of it lol

I haven't had trouble with Grindr before I met my current significant other, but others have for their bizarre filter system.

Ooooo let's bring some positivity to this chat- what's your SO like?? I want any and all cute details!!

Manchee

extra toasty
I’m not saying it’s all in your head as in it’s not real. I’m no stranger to people not being interested in me because of the way I look, and it sucks. What I’m saying is that you’re putting your self-worth in how other people find you attractive or not. The best thing is to just be you and find confidence in yourself and do your best to build it. Confidence is way more attractive than looks alone, and searching for a partner solely on looks is just superficial and most likely not going to go anywhere anyway lol

Hydrangea

ask me about my ocs pls
Staff member
Hey! I've been wanting to join for a while. I was a member of the old club and just haven't had the time/a good post to start my joining off with. So, let me introduce myself!

I'm Hydrangea! I'm a 21 year old education student and although I am not a member of the LGBT+ I am an ally. I identify, personally, as a heteroromantic demisexual so I'm kind of on the ace... area of things. I hope we can liven up the discussion in here a smidgen!

I understand you are telling me it’s all in my head about how I think I look but there’s also the fact that literally everyone who tried to help me form a relationship with their gay friends, all of those people just looked my pic and immediately said no before even talking to me. And the only dating site I kept some pics of me hasn’t had any hits or messages of guys interested in me for a year and a half now unless you count the one message that was sent to me by a guy that was racist. And I had to delete the other dating site account that I had pics on because no one even showed any interest in me for three years and I was wasting money for nothing. It’s pretty clear that I’m ugly....

Putting all your self worth into how others see you is not a good way to live. Trust me, I know from experience. I used to put so much stock into what others said, and I believed it for long enough that it destroyed my self worth. I've had to steadily rebuild it since middle school because of this. Now I'm by no means "ugly" and I have a lot of self-confidence (at this point in my life). I have not dated/been on a date in almost 2 years, I don't take this as me being ugly I just take it as being in a point in my life where I don't need a boyfriend. Basically, I'm trying to say chin up! You don't need a significant other/someone that shows interest in you to be a worthwhile and interesting person. Focus on the things you love, don't let some silly app get you down.

Not to mention it's rare/difficult to find lasting love on anything like tinder/grindr/bumble/whatever the kids are using nowadays.

Sketchie

literally some guy
*bursts in like the kool-aid man* OH YEAH! New thread! And this one's got the trans in the title, yeehaw! I'm Sketchie, I'm 19 (and I never learned how to read), and I am a bisexual, genderfluid trans man. Gender is the sport and I'm the playing field, players, and the ball. I'm excited to be here!

Manchee

extra toasty
Hey! I've been wanting to join for a while. I was a member of the old club and just haven't had the time/a good post to start my joining off with. So, let me introduce myself!

I'm Hydrangea! I'm a 21 year old education student and although I am not a member of the LGBT+ I am an ally. I identify, personally, as a heteroromantic demisexual so I'm kind of on the ace... area of things. I hope we can liven up the discussion in here a smidgen!

Welcome to the club! I'm glad you got a chance to join this time around. And don't count yourself out! Being in some area of the ace spectrum is totally part of being LGBT+ (that's what the plus is for! ;p) Feel free to elaborate on it at any time, I love listening to ace discussion and talking about it as well. One of my close friends and I talked about how she experiences it and it was a really nice talk.

*bursts in like the kool-aid man* OH YEAH! New thread! And this one's got the trans in the title, yeehaw! I'm Sketchie, I'm 19 (and I never learned how to read), and I am a bisexual, genderfluid trans man. Gender is the sport and I'm the playing field, players, and the ball. I'm excited to be here!

Haha yaaaaas, trans representation! That was always one of my biggest gripes with the old club, I know it was posted before a lot of recent trans rights and issues became widely talked about, but it would have been nice to see it become more inclusive in the title of the club. But anyway, I'm glad to have you here! It's always great to have more bisexuals :3

Update on my Grindr escapades: it's gotten so boring. I hardly talk to anyone anymore because they've all flaked off or become so uninteresting and/or clingy that I flake off. I'm not even surprised, and maybe I'll pick it back up again a little more seriously when I move at the end of the month and am in a new area instead of 30+ minutes from anything fun to do.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Pride month is over....

That means it's time for WRATH MONTH, BABEY!

For real though, idk about y'all, but this pride seemed... somehow dimmer and sadder than last year's. I don't know why. I'm wondering if it's just because of how terrible our government is being. :(

Manchee

extra toasty
For real though, idk about y'all, but this pride seemed... somehow dimmer and sadder than last year's. I don't know why. I'm wondering if it's just because of how terrible our government is being. :(

That is very true. It's one of those things where, like, as LGBT+ people become more accepted, the pride in being part of the community diminishes because it's not something that as many people feel the need to stand up about. We're lucky to live in a time when LGB issues are more wisely supported by non-LGB people, with trans issues following, however it definitely means less people are being vocal about what's going on. And it's so normalized that so many companies are throwing up their rainbow logos and moving on instead of following the steps of companies like Ben & Jerry's and actively supporting LGBT+ issues throughout the entire year.

Ironically enough, this year was my first time attending pride (went to Philly since I'm only like an hour from the city) and I had a lot of fun. There were so many people there and even our members of congress! They spoke to the crowd and vocalized their support for all of us and that honestly was super invigorating. They also honored a lot of Stonewall history and for the first time in a while I felt like part of the community again.

p.s. I'm going to Philly tonight to see Robyn and I am thrilled. Might put on some eyeshadow or something for the occasion :p

Sketchie

literally some guy
And it's so normalized that so many companies are throwing up their rainbow logos and moving on instead of following the steps of companies like Ben & Jerry's and actively supporting LGBT+ issues throughout the entire year.

God, this. I hate the corporatization of pride. I think that's partially what's sucking the joy from it. SLC Pride is... fun, I guess but I really don't care about it. You have to pay just to get in (which i have SO many issues about but i'd rather not dip into it now), and the majority of folks there are big name. You have to pay for every other little perk of it too, which I would understand a bit more if you didn't have to pay for the base festival. I like the beginning of the parade, because that's all the local lgbt groups and the college groups, but the corporations just fall flat. It's just... not as enjoyable as, say, my hometown pride fest (which actually happens a few months later). It's free, located where all the other festivals are, there's plenty of free parking nearby, and it's all local folks and local organizations. It's much more welcoming and friendly, and I prefer my hometown late-in-the-year pride fest than anything that I find happening in June.