• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hey! I was in the last group but I got a warning or two for my posts so I plan on keeping it much more g rated this time :D

Cis gay male here, also a lover of rpdr and Canada is getting a rpdr so I’m so pumped and couldn’t be more excited. I’ve done drag a few times but haven’t for about a year and a half. I am Canadian and completely in support of the freedom for people to express themselves however they wish in terms of gender and sexuality.

Can I share my Instagram on here or is that against the rules?? Not gonna try out for Canadian rupaul but definitely have a post of my drag that I love showing off :p

God, this. I hate the corporatization of pride. I think that's partially what's sucking the joy from it. SLC Pride is... fun, I guess but I really don't care about it. You have to pay just to get in (which i have SO many issues about but i'd rather not dip into it now), and the majority of folks there are big name. You have to pay for every other little perk of it too, which I would understand a bit more if you didn't have to pay for the base festival. I like the beginning of the parade, because that's all the local lgbt groups and the college groups, but the corporations just fall flat. It's just... not as enjoyable as, say, my hometown pride fest (which actually happens a few months later). It's free, located where all the other festivals are, there's plenty of free parking nearby, and it's all local folks and local organizations. It's much more welcoming and friendly, and I prefer my hometown late-in-the-year pride fest than anything that I find happening in June.
I don’t even go to pride anymore literally for everything you said, since I live in the big city now. Still proud but I don’t like that business’s and people do pride for a month just to cash in and party. If my town did pride I would completely go support it but they don’t yet since they’re close to the city I live in that does the huge bash.

Manchee

extra toasty
You have to pay just to get in (which i have SO many issues about but i'd rather not dip into it now), and the majority of folks there are big name.

That made me SO mad in Philly! It was like $15 per person, and then once you're inside all of the food was expensive and alcohol wasn't even worth thinking about. It was like $12 for two plain hot dogs. You'd think at Pride it would not be so expensive to get a few wieners /shot

I've never gone to any local prides, though I should. I think that there was one this weekend close by, but it's way over by now. I'll be on the lookout and maybe try to get to one to see how it goes!

Can I share my Instagram on here or is that against the rules?? Not gonna try out for Canadian rupaul but definitely have a post of my drag that I love showing off :p

Welcome to the club! I don't think sharing social media is against the rules? It's not against this club's rules, anyway. Not sure about the overall forum. If ya post it I'll drop a follow! I've been getting into makeup recently but I've got a lot to learn lol so following more people would really help to get some new ideas/things to try out! What are your favorite things to use? (palettes, brushes, etc)

It’s the U.K. that is getting a Rupaul’s Drag Race series, not Canada. The original encompasses the US, Puerto Rico, And Canada.

Canada is, too. Sources, henny.

Sketchie

literally some guy
That made me SO mad in Philly! It was like $15 per person, and then once you're inside all of the food was expensive and alcohol wasn't even worth thinking about. It was like $12 for two plain hot dogs. You'd think at Pride it would not be so expensive to get a few wieners /shot

THANK YOU. I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone in feeling that Pride should either be free or inexpensive. #accessibility, babes. Paying for food I can understand, but especially if it's a state/city funded event, you shouldn't have to pay for simply entry. Another pet peeve is when pride is treated like a freaking music fest (looking at you, Manchester!), especially when they only grab straight "gay icons" to perform.

Alsooooo, my IG is airborne.artist if anyone wants to see my gay art. And my not so gay art. I'm actually kind of closeted on IG and perform the role of a really loud ally.

Manchee

extra toasty
THANK YOU. I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone in feeling that Pride should either be free or inexpensive. #accessibility, babes. Paying for food I can understand, but especially if it's a state/city funded event, you shouldn't have to pay for simply entry. Another pet peeve is when pride is treated like a freaking music fest (looking at you, Manchester!), especially when they only grab straight "gay icons" to perform.

Alsooooo, my IG is airborne.artist if anyone wants to see my gay art. And my not so gay art. I'm actually kind of closeted on IG and perform the role of a really loud ally.

Gave you a follow! ;)

Luckily Philly wasn't treated like a musicfest, at least not that I saw. They had this group of like 3 preteen girls performing their own pop-rap music, which was super cute. They also had Brian Justin Krum from AGT, so at least there was one performer who was actually gay. Can't say much for everyone else though, I didn't stay long enough to find out who else was there lol

Speaking of straight gay icons, though, I'm super pumped for Kesha to put out another album. RWST is a fun song and I hope that more from this next album are in a similar vein of weird.

Manchee

extra toasty
I've never heard of her, but if someone is identifying as female don't disrespect them by refusing to use their preferred pronouns. Even if you don't believe them and even if they're a creep. I definitely don't agree with anything she's doing, but I'll at least believe her being trans. It's a shame that this kind of trans news is getting the attention it's getting, though. At least most of the people who will judge other trans people for what she's doing are those who don't agree with trans people anyway - I'm glad for where we've come with trans issues, and there's still a long way to go, however.

edit: not a double post, was replying to something that someone said and they have since deleted the post.

Last edited:

Hydrangea

Just a creature
Staff member
Don't worry about it. Mods can see when a post is deleted so you're good. Let's liven this up and change to a more positive topic.

Welcome to the club! I'm glad you got a chance to join this time around. And don't count yourself out! Being in some area of the ace spectrum is totally part of being LGBT+ (that's what the plus is for! ;p) Feel free to elaborate on it at any time, I love listening to ace discussion and talking about it as well. One of my close friends and I talked about how she experiences it and it was a really nice talk.

Well! I'm more or less straight but with the demisexual label comes the idea that I have to have a strong emotional/romantic attachment to a person before any sort of sexual stuff can happen. I know it's ~just a label~ but it makes me feel happy because it fits how I feel.

I actually recently got a boyfriend... woah. It's a long distance relationship but we both really like each other and trust one another. I really like him and I adore talking to him.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Hi

So, I’m gay. I like men. Kind of in the closet with my parents though because I don’t feel the need to share this fact about myself with them right now. Maybe if/when I start dating someone. Or when I’m not living with them. Which... probably won’t happen for a loooong time. I’m kind of socially awkward...

Manchee

extra toasty
Well! I'm more or less straight but with the demisexual label comes the idea that I have to have a strong emotional/romantic attachment to a person before any sort of sexual stuff can happen. I know it's ~just a label~ but it makes me feel happy because it fits how I feel.

I actually recently got a boyfriend... woah. It's a long distance relationship but we both really like each other and trust one another. I really like him and I adore talking to him.

Totally typed up a response to this the other day but I guess it never posted? Oops. I get the demisexual thing, I guess I would technically fall under that category? Especially as I get older, I feel like it's harder for me to be easily be infatuated with people. But on the other end it takes me longer to build a close relationship with someone. It sounds like a long distance thing will benefit you though because it gives you a natural buffer to build that bond and get close. I experienced that with my first boyfriend and it was really nice when we got to be in-person together because we felt like best friends.

Hi

So, I’m gay. I like men. Kind of in the closet with my parents though because I don’t feel the need to share this fact about myself with them right now. Maybe if/when I start dating someone. Or when I’m not living with them. Which... probably won’t happen for a loooong time. I’m kind of socially awkward...

Welcome! Nothing wrong with taking your time to come out. I waited until I was in college and (mostly) out of the house before I told anyone. But don't be too hard on yourself! So many people (and gays) are socially awkward and still manage to find other people who understand their awkwardness and be awkward together :p You can do it! I believe!! <3

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Hello, just popping in to say it is great that there is a club for this! Support is totally needed.

And to anyone that needs to hear it (or needs a daily reminder): you are exactly who you are meant to be :)

Manchee

extra toasty
I'm planning to join this club.

Yaaaaaaas. Welcome!

Hello, just popping in to say it is great that there is a club for this! Support is totally needed.

And to anyone that needs to hear it (or needs a daily reminder): you are exactly who you are meant to be :)

Absolutely! There's a book I've been reading that I think a lot of people here would enjoy. It's called Unf*ckology, by Amy Alkon. It's all about helping yourself overcome anxieties and things in your life that control you for all the wrong reasons. She presents it from a psychological and practical view, which really help me to put the things she's talking about into practice. So for anyone who is unhappy with themselves or would like some reading on how to better your life, perhaps, check the book out!

Is anyone ready for Drag Race UK to start? I think it's going to be an interesting show, with the US version being so popular now and all of the queens for the UK look like they're going to showcase other forms of drag that the US isn't often exposed to on the show. Should be a good time!

Manchee

extra toasty
Thank you so much for your warm welcome.

I'm a transgender lesbian and I use she/her and they/them pronouns.

Let's try to get a discussion going that's not totally one-liners! ;)

Anyone doing anything cool for Halloween? I know a lot of people in the community can use it as an excuse to dress wildly different than what's acceptable normally and express themselves in different ways. I'm just doing a typical scary costume, but I'd love to hear about anything fun/creative that anyone is planning to do for Halloween/related parties!

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Unfortunately, Halloween costumes stopped fitting me when I was 13. There are adult costumes, but they're usually a little too adult. Sexy doctor, sexy cowboy, violent horror movie character, sexy violent horror movie character, etc. The things I actually want to dress as are children's costumes! Besides, I don't have anywhere to go in costume.

One day, I'll make a Danny Phantom cosplay to wear to a convention, but it is expensive AF... :/

Last edited:

Manchee

extra toasty
Made a Team Aqua costume and my SO is going as Team Magma.

We're the Grunt power couple from ORAS/B2W2 this year!

That is absolutely adorable. I love stuff like that, especially with the couple being in ORAS that makes it even better! How did it turn out?

Unfortunately, Halloween costumes stopped fitting me when I was 13. There are adult costumes, but they're usually a little too adult. Sexy doctor, sexy cowboy, violent horror movie character, sexy violent horror movie character, etc. The things I actually want to dress as are children's costumes! Besides, I don't have anywhere to go in costume.

One day, I'll make a Danny Phantom cosplay to wear to a convention, but it is expensive AF... :/

There are plenty of resources online to make costumes for yourself without it having to cost an arm and a leg! Especially for a character like Danny Phantom, there's gotta be a lot of workarounds to make his costume and stuff :D

Have space for one more?
Cis Gay male

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Just make sure to watch out for the one-liner rule ;)

Hope everyone had/is having a good holiday. I know this can be a stressful time for LGBT+ people so if anyone needs to vent, feel free to do it here or you can message me! I'm always up for talking to people and helping them through tough times.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
That is absolutely adorable. I love stuff like that, especially with the couple being in ORAS that makes it even better! How did it turn out?

There are plenty of resources online to make costumes for yourself without it having to cost an arm and a leg! Especially for a character like Danny Phantom, there's gotta be a lot of workarounds to make his costume and stuff :D

Absolutely! The more the merrier. Just make sure to watch out for the one-liner rule ;)

Hope everyone had/is having a good holiday. I know this can be a stressful time for LGBT+ people so if anyone needs to vent, feel free to do it here or you can message me! I'm always up for talking to people and helping them through tough times.
We pulled it off!