• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Manchee

extra toasty
Wow hello. It's wonderful to see a club like this still exists! I was part of the old one briefly but was never very active. Hope y'all are doing well

Welcome to the new club! You can be as active as you'd like :) How are you doing? Thanks for the warm wishes! I've been doing great lately. Met a fantastic guy who I mesh with and have been really enjoying my time with. There's no pressure or drama or unrealistic expectations and it's all I could hope for for my fellows gays <33

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
That awkward moment when someone you haven't seen in a long time asks if you have a girlfriend, and you're gay but not out yet so you don't really know how to proceed when you tell them no, and they ask if you're looking for one. It's so uncomfortable. You don't want to be rude and say "my love life (or lack thereof) is none of your business" but that's kind of what it is.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Mind if I join?

I'm a greyace myself, meaning I can be attracted to someone but have no interest in having a physical relationship with them.

Anyone get any new games for Christmas/the holidays? Got Pokemon Shield via a Secret Santa event on another forum. Looking forward to playing it once I get my Switch back from repair/replacement.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Anyone get any new games for Christmas/the holidays? Got Pokemon Shield via a Secret Santa event on another forum. Looking forward to playing it once I get my Switch back from repair/replacement.

Yes, actually! My boyfriend decided to spoil me hard. He got me Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3 for the switch, and Super Monkey Ball for the Xbox. He said that I couldn't feel bad for being spoiled, because they're technically for him too, but these are the games I've been talking about for months. (God I love him. <3 <3 <3)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Yes, actually! My boyfriend decided to spoil me hard. He got me Link's Awakening and Luigi's Mansion 3 for the switch, and Super Monkey Ball for the Xbox. He said that I couldn't feel bad for being spoiled, because they're technically for him too, but these are the games I've been talking about for months. (God I love him. <3 <3 <3)
Awesome, sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. :)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Not bad. I see. Can relate, but I still have fun during it. Especially given that Winter can be a depressing time of year. So decorations, and what not kind of keep me cheered up.

Manchee

extra toasty
hi!! could I join the club? I'm a lesbian who really likes games and music and I'd luv to chat with yall ^^

Mind if I join?

I'm a greyace myself, meaning I can be attracted to someone but have no interest in having a physical relationship with them.

Welcome to both of you!

Wish, I was recently talking to my boyfriend about the ace spectrum after he told me that he's somewhere on it and it really made me realize that one of the things I've struggled with for so many years is my own understanding of my sexual self and how it relates to my relationships. I love talking about sex and sexuality with people, but there are certain situations or atmospheres where the sexual-ness of it all really bothers me and makes me uncomfortable. I've always felt like, because I'm a guy who has sex with guys, that I had to be more promiscuous, but I'm realizing now that that's not who I am and most sexual situation involving myself are only good for me when it's with someone who I have a relationship with and feel close to in that way.

I got Gift Cards, money, T-shirts, and chocolate for Christmas. I’m grateful for all of it, but I feel like Christmas is way more fun when you’re a kid.

Of course it's inherently more fun as a kid because of the magic of it all, but how you treat it as an adult can really change things. I felt like last year that fall/Halloween lost a lot of it's "fun" from when I was a kid so I intentionally did autumn-related things with friends: corn maze, a trip to Salem, Massachusetts, spiked cider and painting, etc. and it was a ton of fun. Making Christmas more intentionally fun really helps. I think as a kid things are planned for you, so it feels like all of these things are just happening because it's the season for it all, but as an adult/young adult you have to be the one who plans it and makes things happen. Of course, that's limited to your resources, etc., but I think I got across what I was trying to say lol

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Thanks for the welcome.

You bring up some good points there.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Of course it's inherently more fun as a kid because of the magic of it all, but how you treat it as an adult can really change things. […] I think as a kid things are planned for you, so it feels like all of these things are just happening because it's the season for it all, but as an adult/young adult you have to be the one who plans it and makes things happen. Of course, that's limited to your resources, etc., but I think I got across what I was trying to say lol

Yes!!! Sooooo much this. My first holidays as an adult were sad, and almost jarring, like, oh no, will these never be fun again? Were they really for children? And I think a part of it is the adult-adults in my life were all so tired. This last year I really started taking things into my own hands and made plans for my family, and we all had a blast! Yeah, yeah, planning sometimes sucks, but it was so worth it.

In other news... I am excited for the new semester. I really am. I'm taking a bunch of fun classes. But I am already dreading the chore of introducing my pronouns, making sure my pronouns are used, dealing with the inevitability that they will be forgotten or ignored, and just... ugh. It's a chore at this point. I get why the pronoun shift is hard for people who were in my life before I came out, but I don't get why it's so difficult for new people. I'm so tired, y'all.

Manchee

extra toasty
Yes!!! Sooooo much this. My first holidays as an adult were sad, and almost jarring, like, oh no, will these never be fun again? Were they really for children? And I think a part of it is the adult-adults in my life were all so tired. This last year I really started taking things into my own hands and made plans for my family, and we all had a blast! Yeah, yeah, planning sometimes sucks, but it was so worth it.

THANK YOU. I say it so often that people need to make things happen if they aren't happy, and more often than not it's met with a defeated attitude or conviction that things just suck as an adult. I'm sure that some people do have it really rough and it's hard to do much but I'm so tired of the general public's idea that being an adult is horrible and can't be fun. Bills suck, work sucks, and the world can suck a lot of the time, but gdi if I'm not going to have a good time when I have the chance. I had off from work for almost two full weeks for the holidays and you know when it was most sucky and boring? When I didn't make an effort to do things that I thought would be fun.

Related to that, sometimes I get in my head too much when I'm spending time with my boyfriend. I'll start to go down the path of "we aren't having enough fun" or aren't doing enough or need to go out and find new things to do. But then I stop, and I tell myself that it's only as fun as I make it. And I kick those thoughts out and enjoy myself. It's taken a long time to work through habits/thought processes like that but I'm finally at a place where positive self-talk and motivation are really helping. I want to leave this here for anyone who struggles with similar things, because it can work out and you can change how you think about things. I'll admit that from November 2018 - October 2019 I was on Zoloft, and that really helped me tackle my negative though processes and self-talk, but with conscious practice and repeated attempts it eventually got to where I am now, and I'm very happy with that.

In other news... I am excited for the new semester. I really am. I'm taking a bunch of fun classes. But I am already dreading the chore of introducing my pronouns, making sure my pronouns are used, dealing with the inevitability that they will be forgotten or ignored, and just... ugh. It's a chore at this point. I get why the pronoun shift is hard for people who were in my life before I came out, but I don't get why it's so difficult for new people. I'm so tired, y'all.

Keep sticking to it and don't let other people get you down too much! I can't imagine how difficult or frustrating it can be to put up with, but I think it's one of those things that you just have to admit is difficult for a lot of people for whatever reason - be it socialization, bigotry, or anything else. I hope that people get it the first time around and that you don't have to deal with too many misgenderings, but if you ever need to vent just go ahead! And feel free to PM me if you ever need to vent in private at all haha

In new year fashion, does anyone have any goals or resolutions for the year?

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Mainly to learn more Spanish and to get better at coding.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Hi everybody!

I don't know if you all remember me, but I was active in the last thread. I'm a straight trans woman, and I've been out as trans for a little more than three years now.

Manchee

extra toasty
Welcome all! How's the new year treating everyone? The weather has been weirdly cold here in Pennsylvania. I can't say I mind, but now we're getting some freezing cold and I don't like it D;

I've been pretty busy with work and my personal life. Still in a relationship and enjoying it a lot. It's super weird being in an adult relationship vs. the kinds of relationships I had with people while I was in college. I feel like I'm considering everything a lot more seriously since I'm 26 now and looking at the next few years of my future. It's only been a few months into this, but I'm hoping it'll last. There are a lot of good, long-term things that I like about him and mesh with him on.

I hope everyone else is having luck in their love lives <3

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Welcome all! How's the new year treating everyone? The weather has been weirdly cold here in Pennsylvania. I can't say I mind, but now we're getting some freezing cold and I don't like it D;

I've been pretty busy with work and my personal life. Still in a relationship and enjoying it a lot. It's super weird being in an adult relationship vs. the kinds of relationships I had with people while I was in college. I feel like I'm considering everything a lot more seriously since I'm 26 now and looking at the next few years of my future. It's only been a few months into this, but I'm hoping it'll last. There are a lot of good, long-term things that I like about him and mesh with him on.

I hope everyone else is having luck in their love lives <3
Weather's been cold and warmish at times. Dreading that coronavirus though. O_O

That's great to hear. Hope it works out.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
Ive been helping people not feel bad about having the things listed above my girlfriends sister has it so I'm able to help people.Things are going pretty good with my girlfriend rn I might pop the question soon who knows?Shes actually a member of these forums.

Kdude146

I would like to join! I was part of the old group but it has been years since I was super active on here. Info about me I use to be icewolf146 before changing my user name. I live in Canada I am 100% gay and I am a huge Pokemon fan.

Manchee

extra toasty
^ Welcome to the club!

How is everyone holding up with the pandemic situation? I know it's tough for a lot, but can be even tougher for LGBT+ folks who don't have the same type of family support system that some other people do during this very lonely time.