• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Liberal or Conservative?

Are you Conservative or Liberal?

• Conservative

Votes: 19 35.8%
  • Liberal

Votes: 25 47.2%
  • Other

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
It doesn't look like this one came up before so I'm asking. I'm Conservative. Please let's just say if we are or not and not fight.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Can you add a third and fourth option? I am one of those people who is either/or depending on the topic. There should also be a neither option as well.

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
I don't know how to do that.

Dude, I dont care if you say not to fight, Im fighting
Conservative is spend money, gets gas, and crap like that
Libreal isnt very good, but better than consevative

For NDP supporting Canadains
Jack Layton died at 61 due to Prostate cancer

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
(Tries not to say something back).

ChedWick

Anyway, Im gonna give more of a headstart for Liberal

Well, why are there so many homeless people on Canada? Consevatives fault!!!

Homeless peoples fault.

Really this is more poll worthy in the way you've presented it.

I don't associate myself with any party or what have you. My views range across the board and are not set in stone.

Dude, I dont care if you say not to fight, Im fighting
Conservative is spend money, gets gas, and crap like that
Libreal isnt very good, but better than consevative

For NDP supporting Canadains
Jack Layton died at 61 due to Prostate cancer

It's not as simple as that...

I'm a social democrat, which makes me a liberal.

Byzantine

Liberal. Small government may sound nice, but people are morons, so I'll go with a larger government that is far less likely to try forcing their own social agenda on us all.

My views can be changed, though it is quite difficult it has happened, recently I'm starting to get into the mind that they all suck, which is... problematic.

Last edited:

BigLutz

Banned
Liberal. Small government may sound nice, but people are morons, so I'll go with a larger government that is far less likely to try forcing their own social agenda on us all.

People are morons, so instead of putting less morons in charge you want more morons in charge? xD

Yeah I am a conservative, I can understand why some people can be liberal, myself I am socially liberal. But when it comes to being economically Liberal, I truly cannot understand it.

People are morons, so instead of putting less morons in charge you want more morons in charge? xD

Yeah I am a conservative, I can understand why some people can be liberal, myself I am socially liberal. But when it comes to being economically Liberal, I truly cannot understand it.

Economic liberalism comes from the belief that there are some inalienable rights that people should have access to regardless of their economic status (e.g, food, healthcare, shelter) and that certain industries are too important to be controlled by corporations, such as, again, healthcare.

BigLutz

Banned
Economic liberalism comes from the belief that there are some inalienable rights that people should have access to regardless of their economic status (e.g, food, healthcare, shelter) and that certain industries are too important to be controlled by corporations, such as, again, healthcare.

And while they have their hearts in the right place, realistically creating a state like that can lead to problems, not just with providing good to poor health care, but also creating a welfare state. As well as making people so dependent on the programs that when they do fail, people have no where to turn.

Fireflies

Aura Master
Conservative but once in a while I may not agree with them but more often then not I do agree.

I'm conservative. I could go into a very long and detailed reason for why I am conservative, but I will just leave it as a simple answer.

However, to comment on Byzantine's comment above, if your reason for a large government is because people are so dumb (and thus need to be have every part of their life regulated) then why do you want to give those same dumb people more power? The people we elect into office are no better than anyone else nor are the any more intelligent (I would argue the opposite actually). Politicians by nature are greedy, self-centered people.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
I am, for the most part, a liberal. However, I am opinion-less on the economy and stuff like that, so I won't really get into any debates with conservatives (because, to be blunt, I have very little knowledge of economics, and I can't say which side is actually right) unless you get into social issues like LGBT rights in which I am very liberal.

Seeing as I don't have any view on economics I tend to stay away from the term "liberal", though. The most important view is being against sexism/racism/homophobia/transphobia. I will only get political there. I pretty much stay out of everything else. lol

Most people would call me a flaming liberal.

ashhleeyy

εμπιστοσύνη
^ Sames. I think American politics are completely fucked, but liberals are by far the lesser of the two evils. Purely IMO.

Centrist leaning liberal. I think that there are some good conservative policies, but many liberal policies, in my opinion, are better than their conservative counterparts.

But I'm not big on any current politicians, all said.

havoc37

Banned
Paleoconservative/libertarian, because it's just common sense and the neoliberals are extremely naive and trying to take away my freedom. It worries me that there are so many neolibs in this thread, but then again this is a Pokemon forum so most of the members are probably kids and don't have enough experience to understand the great lie that is neoliberalism.

Last edited: