• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Light Ball Pikachu in OU

Status
Not open for further replies.

starscream88

Sackboy trainer
Hi there,
I'm a fan of pikachu and I'm wondering if anybody can give me some ideas on how to use him in OU tier.
He has good sp atk and atk but his spd is mediocre and he can't take a hit from anything. A quick attack from an OU pokemon could probably OHKO him.

A moveset I thought of is:
timid
-substitute
-grass knot(or energy ball?)
-thunderbolt
-nasty plot

I think pikachu's biggest problem in OU is being outrun by something. Also priority moves like quick attack and bullet punch.

Thanks in advance to repliers :)

Rad3n

Banned
Pikachu has a lot of problems in OU. It has a lot of SpA and Atk, but nothing else. It's a glass cannon too fast to use Trick Room, too weak to use Agility, and too slow to use nothing. Your best bet is Paralysis support along side Substitute, or Sub-Salac. Nasty Plot isn't necessary.

starscream88

Sackboy trainer
Thanks for the advice. What do u think about batonpassing subs or raindance to pikachu and giving it thunder?

Rad3n

Banned
Too much work for a Pokemon that is outclassed by nearly every other set up sweeper given the same amount of effort.

starscream88

Sackboy trainer
lol i c ur point.
I'll probly still use him cuz he's so cute. I might get lucky and win some battles with him.

calum

Banned
Lol, the best option is to lead with Ninjask...

who subs when your ooponent sets up rocks etc

Then Protect and BP

Hopefully then youll have a pikachu with Sub and +2 Speed

Reno

so adorable...
Thanks in advance for reading the rules and using the stickies.

OH WAIT

Don't post a thread without a team.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.