• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camera, Quacktion! (071)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lights, Camera, Quacktion!

When theres a Pokemon Movie being made nearby, Ash & Co put their Pokemon in for Audition. Misty's Psyduck gets the main role while the others get minor roles. Can they make this movie a hit or will it fail miserably

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

O

Ororo Munroe

I liked this episode, the Pokemon got to show off other talent other than battling. And I like how Brock said Psyduck isn't dumb and that it just acts like it. (I think that was this episode.)

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
This episode was pretty good in storyline and execution. The only problems were tiny dub things (the name Cleavon Schpielbunk and the zillionth use of the "Pokémon" remix). But other than that, not a bad outing - almost an underhanded satire of the filmmaking indutry and how ridiculous it can get. Plus, I think Brock had the line of the day here (I'm paraphrasing)...

BROCK: I remember you! You directed that summer thriller "I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday"...I almost went to see that once.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode is definitely one of my favorites. Clevon Schpielbunk is better here than in "Go West Young Meowth", very hilarious guy. I like how he even has his own Team Rocket-style motto (I even have it listed on my Team Rocket motto page on my computer, along with all three twerp mottos). I like the parts when the major characters (first Meowth, then the twerps) all break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience. :)

I also love the parts with Psyduck in this episode. He's always been a favorite character (third behind Wobbuffet and Chikorita/Bayleef), and he has great moments in this episode. It's great when he gets the movie part because he's the only pokemon left on stage. :) I feel bad for Arbok and Weezing, though. :(

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
What was the name of the "Golden Growlithe" award in the Japanese version? Clearly it had something to do with Arcanine.

I thought this episode was pretty funny.

"I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday" That's pretty funny. Is that what it was called in the Japanese version?

Arbok and Weezing didn't get to make their great movie debut. I felt sorry for them, they took it pretty hard.

I liked the scene where Psyduck used Confusion, with all of the Pokemon floating down.

Overall, I'd give it an 8.3/10

JONNO.FRESH

Meh i didnt like this epi. Just a pointless filler in my eyes. Wigglytuff was snobby like most movie stars. 4/10

Battra

A funny episode it got several laughs out of me, also I think the movie Clevon Schpielbunk was making was another version of Romeo and Juliet.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I didn't exactly like or hate this one. There were some funny parts, but not many.

dagon22

Charmander master!
I liked this episode. It was great to see Raichu. The movie was funny, espically since Psyduck got the lead, of all pokemon they could pick. Guess it was the only one that could put up with a star like Wigglypuff. I liked seeing all the pokemon. Poor Arbok and Weezing, I felt so bad for them when they took it so hard that they didn't get role. When Jessie and James cheer them up, it was really cute/nice/touching.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
This episode was pretty good in storyline and execution. The only problems were tiny dub things (the name Cleavon Schpielbunk and the zillionth use of the "Pokémon" remix). But other than that, not a bad outing - almost an underhanded satire of the filmmaking indutry and how ridiculous it can get. Plus, I think Brock had the line of the day here (I'm paraphrasing)...

BROCK: I remember you! You directed that summer thriller "I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday"...I almost went to see that once.

Oh man, I remember that line! :D I loved it. The Wigglytuff x Psyduck action was also pretty funny. Clevon Schpielbunk, what a character :D A good episode overall.

Raikipper

BSB Lover
A filler episode for sure - the most useful purpose of this particular story was as catalyst for getting the gang to visit Hollywood in the following episode, which served as the backdrop for Meowth's reminiscing - but as fillers go it was fairly entertaining. I like it whenever Psyduck is the focus, and I loved that it featured one of my all-time favourite pokemon, Raichu (the scene in which it danced with Pikachu was just darling), even if its trainer Katrina turned out to be a bit of a nobody in the grand scheme of things - she didn't even have a great deal of purpose within the context of the only episode in which she appeared. Arbok and Weezing's role in this episode was also gold - Team Rocket's pokemon are sweet when they get all emotional.

I take it that the movie's title "Pokemon in Love" was intended to be a spoof upon the movie "Shakespeare in Love"...the storyline being a thinly-veiled variation upon Romeo and Juliet (so much so that Misty even had to comment upon it), and all? If not, then it's only marginally more imaginative than what I hear was the title in the original Japanese version; that is, "Pokemon: The Movie".

Last edited:

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
lol this was a rather good episode. I love the whole movie concept. One of the most enjoyable episodes of Pokemon I've ever seen. Psyduck is a pretty good actor.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the dumb allways has the most luck it proves it once more^^
i really enjoyed watching this show, i should see if i can borrow a DVD of it.

Icefiyre

Banned
Great episode because Ash and his friends, including Team Rocket, makes there own Pokemon Film by the help of a professional. The plot didn't go that well as Team Rocket ruins the plot and takes all Pokemon. Sadly, I guess movies needs a villain in order for it to go very smoothly and interesting.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
It was nice to see Psyduck getting a little recognition for once.

It might not be the best battler, but it can act well.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Wigglytuff and Psyduck in a movie can really be great, it was very funny to see Psyduck standing there. and Arbok, Weezing and Raichu trying to dance was funny also.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I disliked this Filler (?)

It had Wigglytuff but it still seemed to lack a certain something. I didn't like that Psyduck was the star again, it got a lot of attention in Kanto didn't it?

I liked the dancing tryouts :/ 7/10