• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camera, Quacktion! (071)

G50

No longer posting
It was an ok episode... It was great seeing Wigglytuff for the 1st time and seeing how it's different from Jigglypuff. Nice to see Psyduck used in a different way, as a co-star in a movie.

20/100

Aquarelle

Staff member
I liked seeing them do something different in this episode. It was nice to see them making a movie instead of just spending the episode battling or something. I liked how Psyduck was useful in this episode, I always like it when it does more than acting dumb.

Lol, when I first watched this, I didn't know that "I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday" and "Cleavon Schpielbunk" were references to I know What You Did Last Summer and Steven Spielberg. That makes me feel dumb. :/

Funny episode! Wigglytuff was a snobby star, Psyduck dancing and Arbok and Weezing being sad about not getting the role was great! Just as most Kanto episodes, funny and great! A filler, but a very nice and entertaining filler.

Last edited:

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I quite liked this episode. It was funny to see Jigglypuff slapping and scratching all the other Pokémon, and how down Arbok and Weezing got when they were rejected. Love how Psyduck can't even get kidnapped properly, and saves the day after getting a headache from Misty's voice!
How the hell do Team Rocket make a Pokémon magnet anyway?

Blessed

I LOVE THIS EPISODE ;) It was so great seeing all those pokemon and I got a laugh at Misty pushing Ash & posing for the camera, and the whole Wigglytuff/Psyduck was so cute & funny LOL!!!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I still would have liked it if Ash and that girl had that battle before the mess but this is called a true filler of no use.

3/10.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Didn't mind this episode when it first aired, but I find it really stupid these days. It could be because I'm in college studying film, so I have an idea how movies are made, and they are so never made in a day, even class project short films. In pre-production, everything from scenes to budget have to be planned, and then you go the extra mile and plan for the worst case scenarios. Then you make a schedule and decide which days are best for filming which scenes and is in the actors/actresses own schedules.

When I was younger, I do recall wondering why it was everyone was shouting out stuff during the filming of the battle scene, which might have been picked up by a boom mic somewhere. And having just recently seen it after so many years, I noticed the director (whose dub name is a botched-up version of "Steven Spielberg") was standing right out front where the camera could clearly see him in the shot. Classy.

Oh yeah, and he never shouted out, "action" at all in that episode.

This guy was an annoying idiot, I never liked him from the beginning, and I certainly don't like him now. He's a really bad director, and I hope that "Golden Growlithe Award" is an equivalent of the "Golden Raspberry Award", which is not something to be proud of.

So yeah, this episode is half-bad, half-entertaining only because no one can seem to make a proper film in the Pokémon world.

pokegirl24

This episode was funny especially since psyduck was chose instead of the others and they cut out all the people lol

7threst

There is something very endearing about these two episodes. The second of course becasue of Meowth's story and this one for the parody of stereotypical movie production. Filler or not - the episodes in Kanto are predominately very comical. That is why they exceed in popularity.

Katrina was awesome with her Raichu. Seeing Pikachu and Raichu dance was cute. And it was good that the writers focused on Arbok and Weezing, even if it wasn't for too long. And did anyone notice how Pidgeotto looked at one of the final scenes? It was funny looking.

*~Silver*~

Katrina was awesome with her Raichu. Seeing Pikachu and Raichu dance was cute. And it was good that the writers focused on Arbok and Weezing, even if it wasn't for too long. And did anyone notice how Pidgeotto looked at one of the final scenes? It was funny looking.

Yeah. I saw the Pidgeotto. xD It did look funny.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Didn't mind this episode when it first aired, but I find it really stupid these days. It could be because I'm in college studying film, so I have an idea how movies are made, and they are so never made in a day, even class project short films. In pre-production, everything from scenes to budget have to be planned, and then you go the extra mile and plan for the worst case scenarios. Then you make a schedule and decide which days are best for filming which scenes and is in the actors/actresses own schedules.

When I was younger, I do recall wondering why it was everyone was shouting out stuff during the filming of the battle scene, which might have been picked up by a boom mic somewhere. And having just recently seen it after so many years, I noticed the director (whose dub name is a botched-up version of "Steven Spielberg") was standing right out front where the camera could clearly see him in the shot. Classy.

Oh yeah, and he never shouted out, "action" at all in that episode.

This guy was an annoying idiot, I never liked him from the beginning, and I certainly don't like him now. He's a really bad director, and I hope that "Golden Growlithe Award" is an equivalent of the "Golden Raspberry Award", which is not something to be proud of.

So yeah, this episode is half-bad, half-entertaining only because no one can seem to make a proper film in the Pokémon world.
Good points, but it makes me wonder. The shows producers should know how a movie is made. Perhaps this episode was meant a an in-joke?

Bananarama

The light is coming
I saw this on the DVD! I was amazed at how they referenced 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday! XD

NPT

Just a member
It would be nice if Ash and Katrina finished their battle. it could've been a good training for Ash....but the whole episode was more focused on movie-making instead of training or battling. I didn't like how Psyduck got the main role, Team Rocket and the director was so annoying in this episode.
I didn't like how Ash, Misty and Brock shoved each other....just for showing themself in front of the camera. Overall, this episode was just a medicore filler. The only thing I liked about this was the part where Brock grasped Katrina's hand and started flirting with her, causing Misty to pull him away.

Last edited:

Sabrina's Doll

I saw this on the DVD! I was amazed at how they referenced 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'. I Saw What You Ate Last Tuesday! XD

I laughed so hard when Brock said that. As a fan of humor/character moments, I didn't care if it was a filler episode.

It was pretty funny when Arbok and Weezing didn't get in to the movie. I don't know why.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I swear, Katrina looked like Kris to me; their designs are so similar. Anyway, I liked seeing Ash and friends help film the movie here, even if I didn't like the drama between Psyduck and Wigglytuff much. Team Rocket's presence also felt like a bit much; their added chaos made this episode feel crowded. Alas, it was an interesting filler at least.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Team Rocket's presence also felt like a bit much; their added chaos made this episode feel crowded.

Yeah, this would've been a much better episode if they weren't here.

The plot was pretty good imo, especially the parts of the episode with Psyduck. There should be more movie-themed episodes like this one, I really liked it.

JudySpell

Banned
Psyduck playing the movie hero was funny but I didn't like Wigglytuff since she seemed like such a diva and a damsel. The director was fun though. 7/10