• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camera, Quacktion! (071)

Gillachu

Banned
Lol Psyduck got focus here and yet he didn't even develop from it. OS had a knack for giving us pointless episodes like this one.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ha ha I liked when Wigglytuff attacked Meowth and Brock, and the dance audition scene was cute. Arbok and Weezing losing confidence was funny and Psyduck starring as the film's male lead was cool. :3

I liked how the Pokémon Dance Mix song played during the movie dance audition sequence and I've been searching for the full song for years.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the Pokémon Dance Mix song played during the movie dance audition sequence and I've been searching for the full song for years.

I liked that song myself, tho I didn't even know what it was called since I hadn't heard it in years hee hee. It was fitting here as background music however.

DatsRight

The director was funny and I liked all the Pokemon interactions and 'dancing', especially Arbok and Weezing.

The main problem was probably Wigglytuff. It was one of those Pokemon that was such a jackass that you rooted for Team Rocket to capture it. Obviously that couldn't happen, so the heroes having to protect it meant they had to play doormats that never gave it a comeuppance.

I liked that song myself, tho I didn't even know what it was called since I hadn't heard it in years hee hee. It was fitting here as background music however.

The funny thing is I connect the scene more with making the majority of the 'What Kind of Pokemon are you?' video than the actual episode. XD

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
As far as fillers go, this was one of Kanto's worst for me. Heat Minamino's movie just wasn't that great, and the Pukurin who was the female star had a very bad attitude with just about everyone in the cast. Koduck saving everyone was nice, but Satoshi wasted a lot of time that should've gone to training.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This episode is definitely one of my favorites. Clevon Schpielbunk is better here than in "Go West Young Meowth." I like how he even has his own Team Rocket-style motto. I liked the parts when the major characters all break the fourth wall and speak directly to the audience.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Wouldn't it have made a good ending if Psyduck had been released here and stayed with his newfound love, Wigglytuff?

Koduck didn't fall in love with Pukurin, though. It was the other way around, and Koduck had no real motivation for staying with her.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Huh, why did the Raichu chick look so much like Kris from Pokemon Crystal?

Hmmm I hadn't even noticed Katrina's design's slight similarity to Crystal's playable girl character cuz Katrina seemed kind of unremarkable to me hee hee. I don't think it was foreshadowing for Crystal version or anything however.

Vipsoccermaster

Funny filler. The movie in the episode was fine. Wigglytuff taking a liking to Psyduck was funny, and for the latter, managed to pull off Confusion due to the stress it had from the situation as Leonhart explained above. Poor Arbok and Weezing, they'll never be proper movie stars.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poor Arbok and Weezing, they'll never be proper movie stars.

I was amused by their desire for stardom, yet that whole subplot felt kind of contrived. I mean, we never saw them show an interest in acting prior to this episode, nor do I remember them ever exhibiting the same desire to act in future episodes.

Wigglytuff's diva attitude annoyed me since she wasn't even a good actress. When I saw her I thought she was the usual singing Jigglypuff though, which would've been cool.