• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camerupt, Action! (362)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
For the record, space ships don't sink, they explode. But then Natu would have been space dust and ruined the "Romantic Moment". *gags* An insult to science fiction compliments of May.

G

GaryAshRichie

The Big Al said:
For the record, space ships don't sink, they explode. But then Natu would have been space dust and ruined the "Romantic Moment". *gags* An insult to science fiction compliments of May.
Actually I found that to be probably the funniest Titanic-spoof I've seen in a long time. All it needed was that sappy Celine Dion music to make it complete. I give the writers credit...they should find ways to mini-spoof movies like this more often.
And Max did point out that spaceships can't sink, but May was just being a fangirl and chose to ignore logic. I thought it was funny. They could have went further with it.

mangod/pikachu

Volcano Trainer
ugh That clefairy was freakin' ugly. I liked the look on young Gary's face when Ash laughed it was hilarious. This episode wasn't anything spectacular except for Team Rocket acting cool as usual.

P

pokeking

I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but how was there a teddiursa and its evolve form in the movie that ash saw BEFORE his journey.... they didn't exist then did they??? someone plz help me (")...?

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Rudoku said:
It's that mouth. That thing creeped me out the first time I saw it (on a Japanese manga). I thought it would have a man's voice, though.

It should, considering that Manga-Pippi is a male.

The Big Al said:

The way the spaceship was destroyed was a parody of the anime classic Space Battleship Yamato (Starblazers in the U.S.).

Akane

I thought this epsiode was really good. I loved when they show the mini-movies. They were pretty funny and cool. Got to see Ash, Gary, and Brock as kids. It was great. ^^ And Team Rocket being funny. XD Well this was a very good epsiode imo. 9/10. :)

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
Shining Suicune said:
P.S. Did anybody else take the brief clip of the Pichu movie the wrong way?
Thanks to the people in the caption thread (I think), yes.

pokeking said:
I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but how was there a teddiursa and its evolve form in the movie that ash saw BEFORE his journey.... they didn't exist then did they??? someone plz help me (")...?
Plot hole.

Encyclopika

The Queen
This episode was so stupid in funny way...so I liked it. I know, I don't make too much sense. XD Anyway, I have to say I really hated TR in the ep when they cut into the middle of the movie :/. It was annoying. But I guess that's what the writers were after. Anyway, I give it a 7/10 - it was worth getting up early for. ^^

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I thought this episode was kinda lame. I guess they can't all be as good as gym battles. And that scary Clefairy thing...I'd wondered where it came from. Now I'll have nightmares about it. :(

Geodude said:
May: "Like I always say, the merry, the morri...er."
Max: "You never say that."
May: "Now we know why."

XD
I thought that moment was ruined, personally, with that horribly overdun "Group Laugh" X.x;;.

I'm not surprised to see plot holes in this episode. I knew it was just thrown together =/.

Shining Suicune: Cybercubed is talking about a lot of disappointing episodes after this. There are some gems, but it's mostly garbage.

~*CB*~​

F

Frost

Man, this episode was totally uneventful. If they added in more mini-movies/parodies, it wouldn't have been so bad, but the plot was nowhere to be found. It was more like the writers got together and said "Okay, we'll never build an entire episode around mini-movies... let's throw in totally random events like May almost getting crushed by randomly falling rocks to take up some time!" How far could that little village have been from a major city that somebody would have to go around with his Camerupt to show them movies, anyway? Then there was the fact that Team Rocket was trying to steal a freaking projector... even James commented on the ridiculousness of the idea. I really did like the mini-movies, though, especially the manga parody, and the first time TR started the motto and James said "We'll do the rest later!" but I can't remember anything else noteworthy from this boring episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
pokeking said:
But they did exist, right? Just because those Pokemon weren't created back then doesn't mean they just didn't exist.

Contrary to many others' opinions, I quite enjoyed this episode. Mostly because of all the laughs.

May's "the mer, the mor...er" was funny. And when Meowth was explaining how Camerupt was useful and said, "So it can carry all the Boss' big rocks!" I was lmao. Even James came in and showed heavy doubt in the plan. That was definately hilarious, it made the episode for me.

Interesting to see Ash laugh at that movie and Gary look bored as heck. ^^

Jessie and James liked that movie, and were crying, lol.
James(paraphrased) : I'd hate to see how you react to a SAD ending...

Edit: Oh, and the rating will have to be 7/10.

Last edited:

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
After hearing Chiriin's voice (more than a week ago), I realize how much Chimecho's totally sucks. Chiriin's is so cute! But Chimecho's is... ugh. Not evil, but definitely not good. When I heard it in this episode, I couldn't help but think [img135]http://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/template/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img135] Euhm.... No. I'm surprised that I forgot to mention it the first time around.

Medea

Excalibur
GaryAshRichie said:
Actually I found that to be probably the funniest Titanic-spoof I've seen in a long time. All it needed was that sappy Celine Dion music to make it complete. I give the writers credit...they should find ways to mini-spoof movies like this more often.
Oh yeah, I thought about that! And the thought just made me sick just hearing that damn song from Titanic...*medea10 dies a little inside*

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Random comment time!

Meowth's Giovanni Fantasies Meowth had officialy gone insane. X_X I think he's enjoying making up these little ideas. But he's not really thinking clearly anymore...

"The merry the more-ier..." That made me want to pop my brain out. So corny. I know May must secretly be a dumb blonde.

May's Expedition "Hey, look, some rocks! I think they're getting bigger!" *brain pops out* At least it gives more proof that May was repeatedly dropped on her head as a baby.

Plusle and Minun and the Princess Rescue What a let-down. It lasted fifty seconds. And Ash acted liked it was the greatest thing in the world. o_O At the end, it you look closely you can see some Pokemon awaiting the "princess" like some Marill.

Brock's song... thing Brock sure is sexah in that outfit. I found it hilarious, especially with Lombre.

The Snorlax western That was the best mini-movie, especially with the Remoraid guns.

The Clefairy movie If I watched that, I would have Gary's expression (which was priceless). That was... horrible. Oh, and about the Teddiursa and Ursaring. Of course the Johto and Hoenn Pokemon were already known worldwide. Just because we didn't know they existed doesn't mean the people that live in Pokeworld didn't.

The Meowth monster movie So, Max is a Sci-fi fan, eh? It was hilarious with all the random plot twist. "It turns out the Marhstomp were SUPER HEROES from a different planet and could grow to giant size!" The writers so PWNed Sci-fi flicks. XD

The Titanic parody Even more proof that May is a complete idiot.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was, for the most part, underwhelming. It reminded me a lot of "Same Old Song and Dance", where its cutsieness for kids ruined the episode (movies this time, instead of songs). Plus, it was awfully boring leading up to the last part of the episode. At least Red's movie was interesting.

A few things I did like about the episode:

-- At least they changed the last line of "Takeshi in Paradise" this time. "Ole, yeah, yo, hmm. Oh!" just sounded so stupid in SOSAD. Plus, he had Lombre! :)
-- Cameos by Gary, Norman and Caroline, and Brock's family, plus Brock in his old outfit (not that I don't love the current outfit).
-- Chimecho!!! :D I was LOL when Jessie said that the voice is cute the first 300 times. I still love it, though.
-- Team Rocket get a decent episode ending for a change. WOW, when was the last time they had that? They so rarely end episodes nowadays, and I can't think of any non-depressing endings they've had since season one (like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Holy Matrimony").

Overall, 6/10.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Argh, I missed it. Was it good?

Kthleen

Wayfaring stranger
wobbanut said:
-- Team Rocket get a decent episode ending for a change. WOW, when was the last time they had that? They so rarely end episodes nowadays, and I can't think of any non-depressing endings they've had since season one (like "The Song of Jigglypuff" and "Holy Matrimony").
Does Meowth Rules! count? But you're right, good endings for TR when they have a major part in the episode (read: interact with Ash-tachi) are getting very hard to come by.

CharizardMaster said:
Argh, I missed it. Was it good?
Personally, not really. The movies were... odd (the Titanic one was rather sad, though the real Titanic movie didn't really make me feel that way till the very very end), and unless you like 10 seconds of slapstick comedy or Meowth just swinging his arms in front of a building, you probably won't care too much for them. The rest was... hmm, I wonder what else is on....