• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camerupt, Action! (362)

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I understand the movies were quite boring, but they weren't supposed to be that interesting, were they? I thought it was supposed to be comedic how they were sappy and rather childish. I mean come on, a giant Meowth destroying the city? You can't expect the writers to hope you'd find that particularly interesting, besides it being funny.

Edit: I forgot to mention a couple things.

That little girl (forgot her name, maybe Mariah or something... someone may have mentioned her name on this thread) had a nice unique voice that sounded like a little girl. Good job, 4Kids.

And Brock's Paradise was in there, I see. Nice continuity there. But he sounded a little different... meh, voices always seem to change for the worse. :/

Last edited:

Faerie

MONS
I personally didn't like this episode. Can you say filler? It sucked. No real plot, nothing to advance on the future of the series, horridly written mini-stories? TOTAL filler! I'm actually counting the days to the episode(s) I'm really looking forward to. *yawns* October 8th...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I wouldn't stick "Same Old Song and Dance" with this junk. Yes I'm defending a Johto filler.

SOSAD was decent because
-4Kids actually bothered to find someone who could sing to voice brittany.
-The full TR made a come back.
-The fanboys were exactly how I view fanboys (and fangirls). Absolutely Nuts.
-The English songs were decent and catchy.
-Jigglypuff trying to find its Microphone and stealing Brock's bread was funny.
-Takeshi's Paradise made its debute.

This episode was dumb. Nothing was funny and the one truly great part was ruined by bad casting.

A

Aerial Ace

CharizardMaster said:
Argh, I missed it. Was it good?

No, it was extremely boring and I found it really hard to focus on watching it. The movies were pretty idiotic. This episode was really nothing more than a lousy filler and a trip back to the Johto days. You may have liked it if you were 8- because most of the attempts at jokes seemed to be aimed at younger kids. Meaning only the younger kids would find it funny or entertaining..

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Although I liked this episode a little more than most other people on this thread, it's sort of ironic that the other episode with Brock's Paradise that's been dubbed as of now was one of my favorite episodes yet. And this episode was on the flip-side, with most feeling like it was a waste of thirty minutes. Well, there isn't that much irony considering I matched those two episodes with that one song, but... >_>

Medea

Excalibur
The Big Al makes a good point. Something else I forgot to mention is that Brock's voice sucked when he sang, well compared to his singing in Same Old Song and Dance.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
medea10 said:
Something else I forgot to mention is that Brock's voice sucked when he sang, well compared to his singing in Same Old Song and Dance.
Lol, I mentioned that a little while back. Yeah, his voice sounded terrible compared to that other episode. But then again, if you listen carefully enough, his voice in general has been declining in quality during Hoenn. Perhaps it's just Eric Stuart. I mean, did his James voice sound like it used to in Same Old Song and Dance? Because... well, I'd better not get into that. X/

W

Waveblaster

The episode wasn't bad, it could have been much better but it wasn't.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Faerie said:
I personally didn't like this episode. Can you say filler? It sucked. No real plot, nothing to advance on the future of the series, horridly written mini-stories? TOTAL filler! I'm actually counting the days to the episode(s) I'm really looking forward to. *yawns* October 8th...
But weren't all the mentions of previous episodes and characters worth something? Its not every day we get flashbacks with the likes of Gary, Brock's siblings and such.

I find it odd that when this episode first aired in Japan it got little but praise from people here looking at the screenshots. Now the majority of posters seem to hate it. The old thread may even still exist somewhere.

I myself found the episode amusing, nothing more, nothing less. ^_^

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think actually hearing the Scary Clefairy's dub voice is what made most of us hate. It was a funny clip in Japanese but the English version wasn't all that funny because the voicing was bad.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Kthleen said:
Does Meowth Rules! count? But you're right, good endings for TR when they have a major part in the episode (read: interact with Ash-tachi) are getting very hard to come by.

"Meowth Rules" is kind of neutral because of the very final scene, where Meowth can't believe Jessie and James are pushing him to learn pay day. The part on the island near the end, however, WAS terrific. :D

I really hope Meowth does learn pay day someday.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The Big Al said:
I think actually hearing the Scary Clefairy's dub voice is what made most of us hate. It was a funny clip in Japanese but the English version wasn't all that funny because the voicing was bad.

I liked the Ursaring's voice a lot. I thought it was hilarious.

But no, the truth is that that clip was just pretty boring.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
wobbanut said:
"Meowth Rules" is kind of neutral because of the very final scene, where Meowth can't believe Jessie and James are pushing him to learn pay day. The part on the island near the end, however, WAS terrific. :D

I really hope Meowth does learn pay day someday.
Me too, but off course, the writers have completely forgotten about that attack. Or they just don't want TR to have money for once.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Lil Brother said:
Me too, but off course, the writers have completely forgotten about that attack. Or they just don't want TR to have money for once.
Not to get off topic but Pay Day and Meowth not knowing it is mentioned again in a Johto episode about that thief from a century or so ago who had a Meowth that used Pay Day. But really there is no reason to make much mention of Pay Day since Meowth made it clear he CAN'T learn the move because he used up all his attack-learning skills learning how to speak human.

J

JoHn_C

Wow that was funny when Ash kept on laughing when he saw that movie in his younger age and so did the movie that Brock and his brothers & sisters watched

W

WindyNight

YTV aired this episode today at noon..
It's not a great episode, but I guess it's okay...It's kinda boring, IMO...
May sure is into the love matter...
Overall, I give a rating 6.5/10 for the episode..

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Woooooooooooooooooow.

I sure do hope whoever wrote this episode has committed suicide already. God.

I went to bed pretty late last night and didn't know if I'd be up in time to see it, so I taped the damned episode. Hey, seemingly crummy episodes have surprised me before, but this is just...*random guy vomits* < well...that pretty much says it.

Everything was horrible. It was a slow, pointless, boring episode with nothing in it to take interest in. And are the writers TRYING to make May look stupid? She's lost 10 IQ since the last episode if she willingly lets a pile of rocks fall on her. May deserves better then that >.> Damn writers.

And though I hate Talking Pipi, making it into a girl is a big nono. I was really expecting it to have a low scruffy voice...or something like Danny Devito's...but then they give us this crap. Oy. -.-o

Wait...I TAPED IT?! OMFG!!!

*takes tape out of VCR, smashes it, feeds to random dog, dog defecates, shoots dog, burns dog poo, gives to McDonalds, is made into a ‘Double Quarter Pounder’, guy eats it, blows up McDonalds, stabs guy, throws guy into ocean*

OMG! CONTAMINATED OCEAN!!!!!11111 :eek:

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
*Washes mouth out after vomitting.*

May also gives us the worst of the movies. (I hated Titanic, it would have never happened. That and Leo is a Narsastic Ninney.)

Maxes was just plain ugh. Pokemon in fighters was cool.

Actually I was doing some calculating on Meowth increasing in size (actually someone decreasing in size comapred to a Meowth but that's another story). If Meowth quadrupled in size he would even be the heigh of a full grown man.

Brocks was good. Probably because he didn't talk and let the pictures do the talking.

If the Clefairy sounded like Gilbert Gotfreid it would have been perfect. This character screamed for him.

And the plot outside of the movies was just as bad. I wanted to kill TR for being jerks.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Meowth's Boss Fantasies are making less sense by the second. Giovanni wants a Home Entertainment System? HE CAN BY THOUSANDS OF THEM!

TR has LOTS of money. Not to mention Giovanni looks like a wealthy man as it is. He can buy anything he damn well wants. Gez.

Last edited:
G

GaryAshRichie

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Meowth's Boss Fantasies are making less sense by the second. Giovanni wants a Home Entertainment System? HE CAN BY THOUSANDS OF THEM!

TR has LOTS of money. Not to mention Giovanni looks like a wealthy man as it is. He can buy anything damn well wants. Gez.
LOL, it's so true. Giovanni could own a multiplex. "Blockheads?"
I thought the Camerupt fantasy was even more hilarious. "I don't ever recall anything about him having a lot of rocks." James' reaction to all that was priceless, he looked so embarrased. "I thought he liked riding around in sports cars."
I wonder how far they will go with Meowth's fantasies. I mean, how much farther can ther remove Meowth from reality? Perhaps it's a build-up to some future Gio meet-up where Meowth gives him the most asinine present ever.