• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Lights, Camerupt, Action! (362)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lights, Camerupt, Action!

Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who travels around the country showing people movies, however he has to get his Camerupt there. Team Rocket however want to steal the movies for profit. Will they succeed?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

I just saw the preview pics on the website for this ep (trying to cut down on spoliers!!) and how come the Camerupt AND Ash's Torkoal were walking across a river?!? Why does Ash's Torkoal like to swim?

C

Crystal Latios

Pokemonisgr8 said:
I just saw the preview pics on the website for this ep (trying to cut down on spoliers!!) and how come the Camerupt AND Ash's Torkoal were walking across a river?!? Why does Ash's Torkoal like to swim?

I think, not all fire pokemon hate water. I belive, some like it. Only rock type pokemon hate it.

Episode was pretty nice :) Ha! They used a music from "Pokemon4Ever" once!
Ash, May, Max and Brock said, what movies they saw long time ago.
Ash saw a movie about scary Clefairy.
Brock about Machoke and Snorlax
May and Max about huge Meowth
May a romantic movie about Natu and Xatu (something like "Titanic" LOL).

That first one was the funniest. Clefairy was so weird^^

Chris

Old Coot
I'm curious to know as to why the site says there's clips of Camp Pikachu and Gotta Dance! when there wasn't a trace of either one in this episode? o_O

M

meggirl63

That episode featured younger versions of Ash and Gary! :D

Heracross

Custom User Title
I wouldn't be surprised.XD It wouldn't be the first time they gave two dub episodes surprisingly similar titles.

Geodude

Edward Elric said:
I'm curious to know as to why the site says there's clips of Camp Pikachu and Gotta Dance! when there wasn't a trace of either one in this episode? o_O

Serebii insists that the little clip in Meowth's fantasy of him dancing on TV while Giovanni watches is from Gotta Dance, when it clearly isn't. -_-

Chris

Old Coot
Yeah, really. None of the clips looked anything like the mini-movies. x_X

I'm really desperate to see this episode with "THAT SCARY CLEFAIRY" lol. Hence my user name. for those who not sure about this clefairy, go to the manga section and you'll find out who this guy really is. HeHe.

Does anyone else think that the dub title 'Candid Camerupt' would have suited this episode better? Since it's a pun on 'Candid Camera' and this episode has stuff to do with both Camerupt AND cameras, unlike the episode with the Winstrates.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Edward Elric said:
Yeah, really. None of the clips looked anything like the mini-movies. x_X
The clip of Meowth dancing on Giovanni's TV had a background from 'Gotta Dance' as I recall. The construction site shot with a cement mixxer in the background. so its understandable that it could be mistaken for part of the mini-movie. I myself had to double-take that very scene.

frednmethod said:
Does anyone else think that the dub title 'Candid Camerupt' would have suited this episode better?
I see what you mean, but a title like 'Lights, Camerupt, Action!' would work a lot better, considering its based off a term thats actually related to the film industry *shrugs*

Anyways. This episode bored me to tears and I think the only part I enjoyed was the very short clip of Pippii and Red's cartoon show. Because a Clefairy with a face like that should be enough to make anyone smirk.

V

vulpix

i really want to see this episide so bad cause i want so see a younger version or Ash and Gary.

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
I'd love it if they got Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice of that Clefairy. XD

Anyway, the plot of the episode dosen't look like much, but the mini-movies look very amusing. Can't wait to see this episode in the US. ^^

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Pyro Blazer said:
I'd love it if they got Gilbert Gottfried to do the voice of that Clefairy. XD

Adam West would make the Clefairy funny! ^_^

Anyway from what I remember this is just the standard boring filler right? Well I'll still watch it next week but it won't be anywhere as good as this last one.

M

MayAsh1987

This episode looks pretty funny. I saw the pics and can't wait for tomorrow debut. I want to see how the shorts are, especially the Clefairy one. I wonder likes someone mentioned do it's voice? Have review on this eppie 2morrow.

Wow, this was a piece of trash. What a way to ruin my birthday day :/.

The animation was pure garbage this episode. Look at Chimecho. it was grossly distorted. The little movies were idiotic, particularly the first one. The only funny part in the entire episode was may's, "The merry the more...er," which was quickly killed when the Trainer-of-the-Day used it later on, before the TC(which was right for once =O). And Torkoal appeared, but it did nothing, so I disregarded that. The characters, movies or in the town, were lousy too. And Corphish jumped way too high when it cut the cord. No Pokémon could do that. Brock looked ridiculous in that outfit, further ruining his character.

Overall rating:
4.9 out of 10....
AG hasn't disappointed me so much since Disguise Da Limit. This episode was a complete waste of time on the writer's part, and should've been used to make the League longer.

~*CB*~​