• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The dubbers at 4kids must realy want relationships in this anime while the writers do not, why else would they put the "Soulmate" line in there, and i really hope Tyson don't say "LET IT RIP!!!" while battling people that would be wrong on so many accounts.

asia_catdog_blue

Fog Trainer
Forget Team Rocket's Meowth. Tyson's Meowth should be in Super Smash Bros. Does Meowth(TR) really do get his revenge?

RaikousThunder

Poison Tail!!
I liked this episode. I really liked the voice they gave Tetsuya. Whos the VA? Tetsuya's dub name is a good one, i like Tyson. Its funny someone else said Tetsuya might get a name with son at the end. Weve got Harrison, Morrison and Tyson, odd. What i really didint like was Meowth in Boots voice. It should have more of a punky sounding voice, kinda like the Persians. I for once enjoyed TR's Meowth, i dont know why but he looked so cool in this ep. The best part was when he was talking with Meowth in Boots. It was a cool episode and i cant wait for next weeks eps.

Why do we have two starring Meowths who stand like people and hate Persian with a passion? Does it just give them a reason not to evolve?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I think they tried to give Tetsuya's Meowth somewhat of a coyboy voice. They must have been on some mind-numbing drug that made them think that it wears a coyboy hat.

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
Almighty Zard said:
The dubbers at 4kids must realy want relationships in this anime while the writers do not, why else would they put the "Soulmate" line in there, and i really hope Tyson don't say "LET IT RIP!!!" while battling people that would be wrong on so many accounts.

Beyblade is the first thing that came into my mind when I first heard his name.

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Shining Suikun said:
I think they tried to give Tetsuya's Meowth somewhat of a coyboy voice. They must have been on some mind-numbing drug that made them think that it wears a coyboy hat.

Really? It sounds more like an upper-crusty/snooty tone to me.
Though, speaking of which, I wonder why 4Kids went out of their way to coverup the "puss-in-boots" reference?

I'm rather confused on which way Metagross's name is pronounced... I've always said that it's Metagross with the "gross" sounding like cross. The show showed that it was pronounced "gross" as in a synonym to digusting. Which one is it?

Does Tr's meowth get its revenge?I really doubt it though it would just mess up the 2nd last ep of houenn.

onix lord

The one Meowth with the boots and all was really cool. Weird how it used Thunderbolt and Iron Tail though. I can't wait to see Tetsuya battle.

Meowth

Mid-Boss
Anyone else bothered by the fact that Tyson's Meowth can stand and walk on two legs? TR's Meowth went through lots of pain to learn how to do it and it was a unique part of his character...and then we see another Meowth do it like it's nothing. I'm pretty sure that before this episode they made sure to have other Meowth walk on all fours.

Just wanted to throw that out there. The episode was enjoyable overall.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
[SPOIL]Well, in a few episodes from now, the reason as to why Tetsuya's Meowth is able to walk on it's hind legs alone is explained with a fairly decent backstory. So they're definately not planning on having all Meowth with that particular quirk[/SPOIL]

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Did anyone else think that the interraction between Tyson and Brock was a bit shippy?

It was an ok episode I guess. At least now the action begins with the Hoenn League.

Again, I wish they'd make Glalie not talk. :(

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
jolteonjak said:
Did anyone else think that the interraction between Tyson and Brock was a bit shippy?
Do not tempt them. You know who I mean by "them".

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. Meowth w/ boots and Metagross were pretty awesome. The only part that I found extremely dumb was when TR were disguised as Joy and Jenny to get Moltres's flame and Jessie distracts everyone by saying " Hey look, a Moltres." I mean really. Who would believe a Moltres would just appear *snaps fingers* like that. Anyways, Meowth's Boss Fantasy was ok. It was cool and funny when Meowth tried to fight Meowth w/ boots and wound up blasting off all by himself (poor Meowth <lol>). The last part I found a little funny was when Meowth saw Tyson and Meowth w/ boots running with the torch and he (TR Meowth) didn't like Meowth w/ boots' attire and said "I'd be running too if I had to wear that."

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
Okay, Great Episode it washed the bad taste from the previous one *Island Time*. The Meowth had kind of a deep and nasty voice. It seems that everyone has to beat Team Rocket why couldn't Meowth beat Tyson's Meowth. Tyson's Meowth seemed more advanced and powerful that a highly intellect Meowth (TR's Meowth). How can a pokemon that talks can't even use a simple attack as Pay Day? Anyway I liked the episode and recorded so I can see it again I really liked it.

Alfonso

Derpgull
-_-

I guess the 'son' trend lives on. 'HarriSON', 'MorriSON' and now 'TySON'.

Either they are being smart and creating a trademark for rival dub names, or are being extremely unoriginal and stupid. :/

What's next? Gary reappearing and being called Garrison? -_-

PDL

disenchanted
Alfonso said:
What's next? Gary reappearing and being called Garrison? -_-

only if he has a puppet named "Mr.Hat" XD