1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

What an Excellent episode to start the Ever Grande Competition. I really liked seeing May get excited at trying the Ever Grande food and I liked seeing Brock go wild in the Pokemon Center with all the Joy's and Jenny's their. Nice to see that Ash id going with all his Hoen Caught Pokemon instead of reallying on his other Pokemon it really shows him growing as a trainer, also it's nice to ksee he got a new rival in Tyson who I think is much better than Morrison. I got a kicked out of both Meowths arguing and TR's Meowth getting jealous and worked up over Tyson's Meowth. Both Jessie and James definitely had on some great disguises they looked just like Joy and Jenny it's a shame that next time Tr dresses up as Joy or Jenny they decided to go with a cardboard mask instead of actually trying to look the part. Good luck to Both Ash and Tyson in their coming battles.

2. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

Good episode. A nice introduction to the Meowth guy. I loved the Meowth feud. But the sacred flame thing is getting kind of old.

3. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

the feud going on between the meowths was funny to watch, i find it a good episode.

4. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Oh great episode...i always love Meowth..and meowth in boots is the best<3

5. Surfer_Dude

Surfer_Dude Aspiring Guitarist

Lol, it's like Deja vu. Team rocket tries to steal the flame, ash stops them...THE END!

6. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

mmm, Tyson love to eat, ha?

His Metagross was really strong.

and i loved to see his Meowth. it was really different than TR's Meowth.

7/10

7. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa/Oleana stan account ✨

The League! The League is here! Although it wasn't an official league battle, it was still awesome. Pokemon league episodes are always the best arcs. And it was great to go on a nostalgia trip with the proffessor, the Moltres flame and the torch runners. Can't wait for the rest.

9/10.

8. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Nice choice of dub title, it refers to the Meowth in boots! Yay Ash and Co. finally arrive in my favorite Hoenn City, Evergrande. Although there was some Filler along the way, it was cool to finally see them arrive at their destination. Seeing May all excited about the cuisine there was odd though, who knew she was that type of girl.

Tyson and his special Meowth appeared, just in time to scare away that awful flock of Murkrow which were apparently trying to attack Ash and Co. A little bonding between Ash and Tyson and Pikachu and Meowth at the ramen shop was good, a little character development can go a long way. Even seeing Mr. Goodshow again was a plesant surprise, I hadn't seen him in so long, glad he's still important at competitions.

Though I will admit that I was upset that a brand new character like Tyson got to carry the torch to the stadium this time around. The arena itself was odd looking, a little too complex even for the League in my opinion. So cute to see TR's Meowth and the Meowth in boots develop a rivalry, though TR's Meowth will always be my favorite. Great opening episode for the PL. 9/10

9. Willow's Tara

Willow's Tara The Bewitched

It was a good episode, would have been interesting if they had been an actual evil Jenny and evil Joy but anyways those disguises were good. I get why Ash wanted to use his Hoenn team, afterall they should do all the work (The Johto team didn't get that much battle in the Johto League really) so he probably didn't want to do that again.

10. G50

G50 No longer posting

This episode was good. It was cool to see a very cool-looking different Meowth. Another Sacred Flame episode... TR's Jenny and Joy disguises looked very funny, especially since James was disguised as Joy. It was cool to see a Metagross in this episode. I'm glad Ash decided to stick to only using his Hoenn Pokemon for the Pokemon League.

60/100

11. Bulba the Great!

Bulba the Great! We Do Not Sow

Rachael Lillis is better at Jenny than Megan Hollingshead's replacement...funny.

Also, Ash's jumping power is incredible. Springs for legs, that one.

Interesting that he basically acknowledges Charizard as head of his reserves and Grovyle as head of the Hoenn squad. I though Ash didn't do favoritism after Pikachu...

12. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

Tyson and his Meowth. They aren't very memorable and it'll be interesting to see how I feel about them as this time around.

Nothing else to see here.

13. I totally forgot about Tyson;s unique Meowth. :)
    I love that thing!

I liked how Ash decided to stay with team he's traveled the entirety of the Hoenn region with right up to the league.

14. pokefreak18

pokefreak18 Nathaniel

I'm pretty sure Ash is going to use some of his Johto pokemon before the League is over.
    I like Tyson's Metagross. Must be a reference to Steven.

15. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

May's quest for ramen noodles was funny and that flock of attacking Murkrows seemed random, but it was a cool way of introducing Tyson and his walking Meowth. And I liked seeing Mr Goodshow again. :D

16. Pikachu52

Pikachu52 Well-Known Member

Ash made a big mistake here - Choosing to only use the Pokémon he'd caught in Hoenn probably cost him the league. By using only the 6 he'd caught in Hoenn he locked himself into bad match ups and gave himself little opportunity to adapt his team to suit the opponent as he was able to do in Johto. It's also likely he would have beaten Tyson if he'd used some of his stronger Pokémon like Charizard given how close he came. Viewed in the light of later series it has to be said his claim that "grovyle" and the others had earned the right to be the sole competitors in the Hoenn league is a little thin - He only used a single team of 6 Pokémon in Sinnoh but still brought back older Pokémon for that league. Why did Grovlye and his teammates earn the right to be the only Pokémon used but not Buizel.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  17. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

I dunno, I thought his decision to use his Hoenn team only here was reasonable since that's the team that got him through the region's gyms. And well even if he had used his other pokemon, I'm sure the writers would've had him lose somehow any ways. ^^;

18. JudySpell

JudySpell Banned

The TRio stealing the sacred flame again was so unoriginal. I was happy with Tyson's Meowth and his rivalry with TR's Meowth though. 6/10

19. Gillachu

Gillachu Banned

Tyson's Meowth was such a prissy Pokemon meant to cash in on the Puss in Boots hype lol. I don't even blame Meowth for disliking him. :cool:

20. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

Ever Grande City looked so crowded in this episode unlike in the games + Tyson's special Meowth reminded me of the booted cat from the Shrek movies.