1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I really liked seeing May get excited at trying the Ever Grande's food and I liked seeing Brock go wild in the Pokemon Center with all the Joy's and Jenny's lol. Nice to see that Ash was going with all his Hoenn Pokemon instead of relying on his other Pokemon, it really shows him growing as a trainer. :p

2. ZilverLox

ZilverLox Banned

I like it whenever Ash isn't wearing his hat, because they don't really show him much in the anime without his hat on. I also noticed that he wasn't wearing his gloves either, and I figure he just takes them off whenever he eats (lol). Anyway, apparently, 4Kids changed President Goodshow's name to Professor Goodshow.

3. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

After three years of watching Satoshi trek through Houen, it was great to see him reach Saiyuu City at last. The Yamikarasu attack scene was a contrived way of debuting Tetsuya and his Nyasu, but the fact that we saw President Tamaranze again was nice continuity. The flame theft itself at least created the Nyasu rivalry, which was cool.

FullmetalJackie likes this.
  4. Daizy

Daizy I call you honey

Wow wasn't it weird how May actually said that she wanted some chicken noodle soup. But then I realised that it was ramen when they showed Ash and Tyson eating it in the shop.

5. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Tetsuya seemed like a nice guy and all, but upon watching this episode again, he gave me very clear Mary Sue vibes. I don't think he displayed any flaws here, which I should've taken as a sign of his inevitable victory against Satoshi.

6. So Hoenn's torch was uusing the Moltres flame, didn't the Johto League use Ho-Oh's flame? Tyson seems interesting enough for the most part, but I admire Morrison more. The Meowth in Boots is pretty funny even though he was a parody of Puss in Boots from Shrek. I'm disappointed that Ash's love for food wasn't brought up in this episode, seems like they put so much emphasis on May eating instead.

Jerimiyah likes this.