• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Like A Meowth To Flame

Finally in EverGrande City, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer and his Meowth & Metagross. However his Meowth gets into a feud with Team Rocket's Meowth. Meanwhile, Ash and the trainer have to protect the Sacred Flame of the Hoenn Leagure from Team Rocket who want to steal it. Will Ash protect it or will Team Rocket steal it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

MaskedManAbsolkid

NOT the sacred flame thing AGAIN! Do the writers ever learn, or do they use other episodes as templates?

Alfonso

Derpgull
...People, calm down. o.o; The Sacred Flame, in case you haven't guessed, is obviously something done at every Pokemon League. Like the Olympics... you don't hear people moaning 'Oh GOD, not the Running Guy with the Torch again!. It's the traditional way of starting of each League.

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
I mean, the 'Team rocket tries to steal the flame for no reason' plan again.

Alfonso

Derpgull
neopolis3 said:
I mean, the 'Team rocket tries to steal the flame for no reason' plan again.

I would have thought the 'Team Rocket tries to steal Pikachu/Pokemon of the Day' plan would have been higher on the annoyance list. :3

Actually, going from Kanto, they do have a reason. The Famous Flame would bring them a pretty penny if they managed to pull it off.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Yeah, I understand that, but at least get someone else to steal it. Team Magma would've been good to steal it.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Absolkid said:
Yeah, I understand that, but at least get someone else to steal it. Team Magma would've been good to steal it.

Team Magma may use Fire type Pokemon, but their ideals are firmly connected to the power of the Land. (Groudon.) They wish to expand the land, (Or rather, did. :p) and stealing the Flame of the Pokemon League wouldn't really help expand that plan.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Good point, but I think you understand that Team Rocket shouldn't steal it, or, if they did, do something different like do it in the middle of the first round.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
We don't have a pheonix this time around, so I'm interested to know just what legend the sacred flame of the Houen league is based around, if any. If there is a story to it, I'm assuming its going to revolve around Groudon, considering thats the only real 'fire' legendary they can use.

I'm just hoping that I'm not dissapointed by this episode and that Team Rocket actually get some sort of decent screentime instead of being subjected to the old steal the flame bit >.>

JazzJazz

Torkoal Stu said:
It could be a new Pokemon's flame but I think it might be Ho-oh's again. Are there any ideas to this?

We had moltres, then ho-oh... I'm sure this new flame comes from another pokemon, but I can't put forth any suggestions.

N

Necrox

Well, the only Fire Pokemons from Hoenn are Torchic and evos, Torkoal, Numel and Camerupt, and, if you count it, Groudon.

The only non-legend fire Pokemon near to a legend is Arcanine.

So, i dunno if they use another legendary for the flame.

Alfonso

Derpgull
I see no reason why it can't be Ho-oh again. :p It's not like the anime restricts one Pokemon to one Region. 'Sides, Ho-oh is a 'special' Pokemon that looks over *everyone*, not just Johto. :3

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
A lot of people make this mistake, but Groudon is not a fire type. It just learns a few fire moves.

So, any info on what happened. I hope Glalie got some action, as well as TR's Meowth.

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Here's some tidbits.

-This episodes features the return of Charles Goodshow, and one of the sacred flames(not sure if its Moltres or Ho-oh). The Meowth in Boots trainer is also a runner for the flame.

-Ash and co meet Meowth in Boots and its trainer after getting lost in trying to find a noodle shop(it was May's idea to check out the food of Ever Grande).

-Ash is officially registered, and has contacted Professor Oak. Unknown if he's going to use his other Pokemon at the lab or not. (From the dialouge and music, I'm assume no)

-TR's part in this episode is to steal the flame. They do this by diguising themselves as a Jenny and Joy(with James as the Joy, and Jessie as the Jenny).

The Meowth in Boots is definately better trained than TR's Meowth. Has Iron Tail(used to blast off Meowth) and Thunderbolt(used to blast off the remaining Rockets)

-Glalie appears to freeze the Rockets, while Metagross(shares same trainer as the Meowth in Boots one) is used to keep the balloon from escaping.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
YEAH! Glalie action!

Did TR's Meowth dress up as boots, and did the boot talk?

Nice to see TR as Jenny and Joy!

And, what do you mean "by the music?"

Mr. Goodshow, the dumbest reocuring character ever!

Golden Darkness

Spikeshell Trainer
Kojiro said:
YEAH! Glalie action!

Did TR's Meowth dress up as boots, and did the boot talk?

Nope. And the Meowth in Boots didn't, and actually has a deeper voice.

Kojiro said:
Nice to see TR as Jenny and Joy!

And, what do you mean "by the music?"

I meant that the music played during the conversation implies the nature of the scene.

Kojiro said:
Mr. Goodshow, the dumbest reocuring character ever!

I guess so.

Other bits that I should have mentioned:

Another part of the Meowth in Boots meeting Ash and Co is that Ash and Co were beseiged by a bunch of Murkrow till the Meowth in Boots came by and Fury Swiped them all.

A few moments of sillyness as Brock goes gaga over the Jennys and Joys in the Pokemon center.

Ash asking about Masamune to the Joy handling the registrations.