• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Murkrow abuse...

Did we see any Pokemon in the background like training, that could be a hint of ones we can expect to see. And did we see any old characters watching it on TV, although that may be saved for the when the actual tourney starts.

Whats Evergrande City look like?

AmeldaS

Soul Trainer
Question:

- When Ash is talking with Oak, we see Ash' Pokemon behinde Oak?

Please *Ash MUST use his old Pokemon*

- Do we know the system of the league?

EDITED: The place were the league is taking place looks awesome! It's the best one I've ever seen! Reminde's me of the Whirpool Cup.
All those Stadium, nothing to envy to Battle Frontier...

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
AmeldaS said:
Question:

- When Ash is talking with Oak, we see Ash' Pokemon behinde Oak?

Please *Ash MUST use his old Pokemon*

- Do we know the system of the league?

More importantly, did we see Tracey when he was talking with Oak. *doesn't care about old men* :p

Oh, and no appearence from Mandy. Damn.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Tracey, I totaaly forgot about him. I hope we do. And Deliah. And Birch. And Elm. And Kurt. And Ivy. Actually their is like tons of people I want to see make some cameo appearance.

Please let their be a new opening, Glory Day is like 40 some episodes old, and while I like it, I really want a new ending!

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
It's the flame of Moltres.

Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.)

Murgatroyd said:
It's the flame of Moltres.

Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.)

Yes Torkoal and Swellow might finaly get some hardcore Hoenn action! Torkoal got only one gym battle and Swellow got three but they haven't been used recently. Torkoal needs some action right? But asusual Glalie, Grovlye, Pikachu will get it all. I don't care about Corphish its kinda in the middle.

JazzJazz

Murgatroyd said:
Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so.

Did he say that he's going to tackle the league using only his current team, win or lose? Or is he going to give it a try and see how far he can get before he has to call on his reserves?

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
WWHHAATT??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Will Ash use just his Hoenn Team?. HAS HE BECOME CRAZY?!!!!!!!. (Tranquilized). *Fine, fine, I'm cool*. Well, I suppose that in the first rounds they will can do it. But it will be better than he will use his Oak's Pokemon in the hardest battles!!!.

P.S.: Just to make me sure of understood it well. So, Ash won't use his Pokemon at Oak's YET. But as he advances, he'll use them, right?.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Why would he need to use his other Pokemon in the League? I'd like to see him only use these six. It's one of his best constructed teams.

Team Rocket is just as stupid as always. At least Meowth got his clock cleaned like I had hoped.

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Absolkid said:
Yeah, I understand that, but at least get someone else to steal it. Team Magma would've been good to steal it.

Team Magma doesn't exist anymore. They said so in the second Ban'nai episode.

Other tidbits:

-Tamaranze (Mr. Goodshow) remembers who Satoshi and Takeshi are from the previous leagues. He also knows who Haruka is because he watched the Grand Festival on TV, and then deduces that Haruka is Senri's daughter.

-At the registration desk, Satoshi asks if Masamune has registered yet. The Joi at the Pokemon Center says that he hasn't, and then asks if he's a friend of Satoshi's. Satoshi says that he is, and that he's also one of his rivals.

Also, there's no indication that Satoshi will turn to his older pokemon "if the going gets tough" or when he enters the finals. His intention seems to be to use his Houen team until the end.

H

Hales

Dogasu said:
Also, there's no indication that Satoshi will turn to his older pokemon "if the going gets tough" or when he enters the finals. His intention seems to be to use his Houen team until the end.
Is that a good thing or a bad thing? *curiously*

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Dogasu said:
Ouch. IMO, thats an incredibly dissapointing decision, putting it mildly. I was really looking forward to some Johto retribution this time around. It seems as if the likes of Noctowl and Phanpy are doomed to forever rot in Oak's garden~

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Murgatroyd said:
Ash intends to use only his current Hoenn team for this tournament. It remains to be seen whether he will actually be able to do so. (We've seen in previous tournaments that after a tough battle, pokemon sometimes aren't able to fight in the next.).
Well that semi-lays to rest one long debated subject. It's somewhat worrisome though if the Hoenn league contains any six vs. six battles. No matter how strong the Pokemon it's not a good idea to go more than two rounds with the exact same ones all being used at the same time. But if they're mostly 1 on 1, 3 vs. 3 etc. than he could do very well, especially given how his travelling team is now possibly twice as strong as the one he had at the end of Johto.

I'm worried but I have faith in the writers. I just hope that Ash's old Pokemon are showcased more in whatever major battles happen after Hoenn.

TeddiUrsa

I think Ash will loose at the same point as in the jotho league, maybe one step further.
I think it will be like this:
2x 3 VS 3
2x 6VS 6
and maybe on double battle 3 vs 3 or /and 6 vs 6

I think you can´t do a whole long league with only six pokemon because it will become borng to see those six fighting again and again...I hope he will use some of his old ones but only AFTER his hoenn ones got the glory ( they deserved it)
well..6 on 6 are always two parter and I think more than 2 6 on 6 are very unlikly

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
*laughs evily* I've been waiting for this day. The day when all those Kanto freaks dont get their precious Charizard and "Kanto Tanks" like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, etc. and I can say "Well...I told you so." Yes, I know that it's not completely confirmed that he wont use his old Pokemon later in the League, but if it were to happen, I'm trusting Ash to do the right thing and give his Johto Pokemon some time in the sun which they rightfully deserved in THEIR League [especially Noctowl and Heracross. They have SO much potential battle wise, it's a shame they rarely got to show it off :/].

But I think Ash will do quite well with his Hoenn Team. Hell, it was [obviously] better then his weak Johto Team as well as [yes, that's right, I'm saying it] better then his Kanto Team consisting of a disobeying Charizard, an exhausted Pidgeotto, a mediocre Squirtle [it hadn't learned Hydro Pump yet], and a fairly strong Bulbasaur.

Ash's Hoenn Team is very well built. A little training and a Corphish evolution would give it an uber feel. Ash has NEVER been close to having a uber team...NEVER!

Ehemm...but onto the League, I like the design. It looks very...pretty :p I just hope the League doesn't consist of old, forgotten Kanto Pokemon like the next episode suggests [with the Meowth, Electabuzz, Persian, and Hitmonlee and all].

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
*laughs evily* I've been waiting for this day. The day when all those Kanto freaks dont get their precious Charizard and "Kanto Tanks" like Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Snorlax, etc. and I can say "Well...I told you so." Yes, I know that it's not completely confirmed that he wont use his old Pokemon later in the League, but if it were to happen, I'm trusting Ash to do the right thing and give his Johto Pokemon some time in the sun which they rightfully deserved in THEIR League [especially Noctowl and Heracross. They have SO much potential battle wise, it's a shame they rarely got to show it off :/].

But I think Ash will do quite well with his Hoenn Team. Hell, it was [obviously] better then his weak Johto Team as well as [yes, that's right, I'm saying it] better then his Kanto Team consisting of a disobeying Charizard, an exhausted Pidgeotto, a mediocre Squirtle [it hadn't learned Hydro Pump yet], and a fairly strong Bulbasaur.

Ash's Hoenn Team is very well built. A little training and a Corphish evolution would give it an uber feel. Ash has NEVER been close to having a uber team...NEVER!

Ehemm...but onto the League, I like the design. It looks very...pretty :p I just hope the League doesn't consist of old, forgotten Kanto Pokemon like the next episode suggests [with the Meowth, Electabuzz, Persian, and Hitmonlee and all].

Personally if he loses quickly beacuse of not using his old guys, then he desevers it for not being smart like he never is.

yes his hoenn team is well built compared to others, also Corphish is not the only can evolve you know...points at grass lizard.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:

Agreed. I laugh in Charizard's face. Really I do. *hates it* Poor, poor Tad. *huggles him* >.>

To be honest, I'm semi-glad won't be using his old Pokemon, because that means No Kanto Pokemon... see, apart from Bulbasaur, I didn't really like his Kanto team. Pidgeooto was cool, but she ain't never coming back. :3 Now, if only Ash had caught that bad-a*s Fearow... *just caught a Fearow in FR and nicknamed it Fe-chan* :D

Although, that also means no Johto Pokemon, which makes me sad.