• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like A Meowth To Flame (402)

HoennMaster

We knew it would be another son, but oh well this isn't as bad as Morrison

Thriller

Its almost time
CyberCubed said:
If they could go back to Season 1 I bet 4kids would rename Richie as "Richardson."

>_< I was about to suggest that.

And guess what? In the Silver Conference, Ash battled Jackson.

L

lordrock

i like this episode specially when: (spoiler)> meoth duel against the other one and said ''I missed''

Alfonso

Derpgull
lordrock said:
i like this episode specially when: (spoiler)> meoth duel against the other one and said ''I missed''

1) It's not a spoiler because it's already aired in America, and it's in the Episode Discussion thread, where you can expect spoilers.

2) Putting 'Spoiler' and then the Spoiler right next to the Warning is hardly going to be much use, is it? ._.

Good GOD I had forgotton about Jackson. X_X

Not much to say on this episode. References to Kanto didn't please me, because I disliked Kanto a considerable amount >_> However, it's nice to see the writers actually remembering things :)

Meowth's voice seemed a lot different than I expected, but I like it as a character anyhow. Probably right up there with Larvitar as one of the best Pokémon characters in the show.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Astinus

Meowth in Boots...sounded like a character that should have been in a movie that's out now...

I hope that I'm not the only one that thinks that Harrison, Morrison, and Tyson once knew one another back when they were starting trainers. It's just not their dub names. It's also the fact that they all kind of look the same age. (Morrison looks younger, but he's not ten.) Also, their Pokémon teams...

Think about it...

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Plus the fact that the Japanese names of these rivals have an average of three syllables, so they're probably trying to match (or come close, as with Masamune/Morrison) lip syncs.

I liked this episode (just cause of all the Meowthyness) But i'm sorry...The Meowth-in-boots's dub voice causes rage in my soul...I found myself saying without even noticing "Must kill voice actor"...>_>;; They had Meowsy (The Meowth in "Go West Young Meowth" have the "Nyaa"...Why not Tetsuya's?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Eontios said:
I'm rather confused on which way Metagross's name is pronounced... I've always said that it's Metagross with the "gross" sounding like cross. The show showed that it was pronounced "gross" as in a synonym to digusting. Which one is it?
Gross also refers to size or amount, like the gross yearly earnings of a company or something. I suspect this is the intended meaning behind its name.

darkninetails said:
why couldn't Meowth beat Tyson's Meowth. Tyson's Meowth seemed more advanced and powerful that a highly intellect Meowth (TR's Meowth). How can a pokemon that talks can't even use a simple attack as Pay Day?
Its because he can talk that he can't use more advanced attacks. Meowth explained a long time ago that learning to talk human used up all the space in his mind for learning attacks.

And I wouldn't call conjuring up money from nothing "simple."

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Professor Goodshow? Lol to the max![/CORNY]

Yeah, as I've mentioned in the past, it's a bit boring reviewing an episode after nearly a week's passed... can't even remember most of the details...

Oh yeah. That Meowth is one character, isn't it? o_O Seriously, though, I kinda like its accent. I mean, sometimes 4Kids can get pretty playful with voices. Usually it ****** people off, but sometimes I think it can turn out okay. Like now. But I expected Meowth-in-boots (I'll call it that from now on) to have the same VA as our true-blue, talkin' Meowth, but I don't think it did. :/ ...I guess that didn't require a frowny face 'cause it's not that big a deal, but whatever.

Woohoo! Chicken Noodle Soup! 7/10.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Okay, I finally finished watching this episode. Now I just have to watch last week's AND this week's. :p

I liked this episode. Didn't love it, just really liked it. It was pretty interesting to see another meowth, especially one with such a cool personality. Of course that's mostly the Antonio Banderas fan in me. :) I wish we'd had more between Tyson's Meowth and Team Rocket's Meowth, but at least there's always hope for more later. I don't remember from the screen captures if they meet up again, I just remember Team Rocket working in that restaurant, so I can eagerly await a rematch.

It was also great seeing James in drag again. Ah, memories. :) He was a pretty darn convincing Nurse Joy, much more so than Jessie in "Fire and Ice". I loved hearing the motto in the disguise voices too, that was pretty different (I mean, hearing "Officer Jenny" doing a motto, James's motto in "The Stun Spore Detour" got me used to him doing it in a feminine voice). Seeing all of Team Rocket holding torches at the end of the motto (including Wobbie and Chimie!! :D ) was pretty neat too.

I also liked the continuity reference to "All Fired Up" (Ash and Brock being torch runners) in this episode. The "Professor" label for Charlie Goodshow was a bit weird, but otherwise the scene was okay. Of course, the best part of the whole episode was Ash, Jessie, and James pulling on each others' faces. ROFLOL Oh, and I forgot the scene where Brock was going to every Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny. ROFLOL, that was hilarious. :D

Overall, 8/10. Good start to the Hoenn championship.

Last edited:

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
The ep was OK, I kinda like Tyson's Meowth mocking the Meowth of TR.

How predictable of Team Rocket to steal a sacred flame. I know they tried to steal one in the Indigo League, but did they also made that attempt during the Johto League.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Has anyone noticed how high Ash and team rocket jumped (all by theirselves) to the meowth balloon?

Knight_Ram

lol hahahaha! Yes!!! Ash Jumped like, 100meters! And so did Team Rocket!

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
I'm going to make a new avatar of that Meowth, he's just awesome, especially his accent. (Me-ouwth... :D)