• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Like anime subbed or dubbed? ~ Where the concept of Uncut DVDs still hasn't sank in.

Do you prefer watch Anime to be subtitled or dubbed in English?

• Total voters

Alex

fyl
Most of the time I watched dubbed because then I can understand them without having to look at subtitles. Although I'll watch the subbed sometimes if I either can't find any dubbed, or I just feel like watching them.

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
Eather way but I liked dubbed better because I like being able to understand them.

buttbug

Zephyr Trainer
I prefer subbed anime. I think that the original voices (most of the time) suit the characters best - especially in the cases where the creator of the manga agrees or disagrees with the voices chosen in his anime.

Also, in Holland most movies are English with Dutch subtitles so reading them while also watching what's happening isn't really a problem for me.

Marik Ishtar's Raykazuka

Sky Dragon Blast!
The original voices are ok If I can't find dubbed then I'll watch subbed but sometimes they have the subs in Spanish or something. It's so annoying >.<

Dragi

I like subbed. feel more normal for me when i watch, and i think original voices match better. but there is a few good dubbed.

Rave

Banned
I like the subbed better because in the english one they take all the good stuff

Let me guess, "All the s3xorz, teh badd wurdz adn the bLuD!!!1!" ?

Rave

Banned
Yeah thats about it espically with naruto in my opion its better in japanese

Looks like I predicted that you yourself would say something so incredibly stupid.

That's why there's DVD releases.

Last edited:

it all started with eevee

eevee's so pimpin :]
well it's nice to have it dubbed so you don't have to pay like full attention, but sometimes subbed it better because you can turn off the volume and listen to music at the same time

UltimateOtaku

Call me Dusk...
Both. It all depends on the voice actors.

Lucky Star dubbed... crap voices, in my opinion.

However, I also don't like most of the japanese VA's for Naruto.

One Piece had good dubbing until funimation took it over, so I'm considering watching the subbed version.

It's all a matter of how it sounds to you.

Megchan

God IS in Control
Both. It all depends on the voice actors.

Lucky Star dubbed... crap voices, in my opinion.

However, I also don't like most of the japanese VA's for Naruto.

One Piece had good dubbing until funimation took it over, so I'm considering watching the subbed version.

It's all a matter of how it sounds to you.

[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/chibi_chikorita/Cat%20Photos/128347587844687500fail.jpg[/IMG200]

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Even if you could ignore the bad voice acting on 4Piece how could you ignore cutting entire arcs and making unneeded edits?

Dark Butterfly

Has left SppFail
It depends on the series, Sailor Moon I prefer the subtitles, when I did watch Naruto I liked the dub, I do wish P-USA would put out bilingual DVD's I seen the first movie in Japanese PURE Japanese no subtitles at all (Other then the Engrish guy)

I prefer the One Piece Manga over the Anime anyway.

Why do people ***** and whine about the dubs? they have improved A LOT over the years and DVD's do come with the option (4kids did at some point but quit too soon) to play the Japanese track and turn on subtitles

UltimateOtaku

Call me Dusk...
Even if you could ignore the bad voice acting on 4Piece how could you ignore cutting entire arcs and making unneeded edits?

I like 4kids voices better. Those last two - yeah, that was dumb.

Also I have now started watching Suzumiya Haruhi in endlish.

I would like to make the following compliants.

The VA of Haruhi apparently doesn't know how to sound harsh. Haruhi is all about being harsh.

The VA of Kyon is only mediocre.

Yuki's VA has a bit too high a voice for Nagato-san.

Mikuru's VA is acceptable, but not good.

And somehow, Kyon's friends and the computer club president have very fitting voices, despite the fact that they killed the main characters.

I would also like to make this statement.

I like Itsuki's dub voice bette than the japanese voice.

That is all.